For the killers who still complain about survivors

friendlyant1
friendlyant1 Member Posts: 57
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Let me just remind you that a few months ago:

We still have old DH to deal with.

Keys/hatch were super strong. Survivors could completely ignore end game (and multiple survivors could escape through hatch)

Stretch view was a thing as well, giving a slight advantage to some survivors.

Amongst other things, feel free to add your recent survivor nerf.

The game for killers has never been better in the entire history of the game. The biggest issue IMO is that MMR does not work as intended. As a killer, if you are facing game after game with 0K-1K, this is an MMR issue, not because survivors are overpowered.

Same applies for survivors, if you are losing game after game, this is an MMR issue.

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Just because it was "worse" doesn't mean that what we currently have is "good"

• friendlyant1
    friendlyant1 Member Posts: 57

I can tell you that what we have right now is good. I play mostly solo survivor and pre those changes, my escape rate was higher. Not that much higher, but I can expect to escape maybe 1/5 games? A little more, a little less depending on many factors.

Now, it's much worse. Sometimes I can play all day/all night and not get a single escape. Killers don't even have to try that hard and they still get a 4K.

The balancing for perks always considers the weakest killers and the strongest survivors (which are often a SWF) to try and bridge the gap between the two. Unfortunately, that often results in the strongest killers getting stronger and the weaker survivors getting weaker.