This sounds rude, but if you play nurse, you are being selfish

Regulus47
Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Everybody is giving up/disconnecting when they see nurse, and for good reason. It is literally impossible to fight an even somewhat decent nurse, let alone with addons/perks, and people are starting to catch on to how simple she actually is to play. Playing nurse in her current state is like playing old spirit, or old deathslinger, or alchring/speed/C33/iri tag/adrenaline vial/slowdowns blight - you're actively choosing to make four people's days absolutely miserable by stacking the odds so far in your favor its nearly impossible to lose unless you go against the hardcore survivors.

Just give nurse a rest. We get it. There's nothing wrong with occasionally pulling out the OP stuff every once in a while. But please don't keep putting the rest of us through these guaranteed meat grinders every single game, especially not in solo queue. And yes, I'm talking to YOU, black bridal dress nurses w/ range+recharge.

As an open letter to nurse mains, I'm asking you to switch things up a bit. Play Dead by Daylight instead of 4K by Slugging. Please.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 938

They are being selfish by not playing the queen, Nurse must bow down otherwise she loses blink privileges.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

Then I'm sure you won't mind going against a 4 man beamer squad with a Meat Plant or Garden of Joy offering with meta perks and comms every single game, then.

Yes, it's part of the game. So were 0 hook moris and instagen BNPs. Doesn't mean they should stay that way.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

💀💀

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Nope. Anything goes as long as it’s not cheating. The player is not at fault for using the tools the devs gave them.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

It sounds rude because it is rude.

Sure, Nurse players could go a bit easier on teams. And I've seen several of them do. But they don't have to. Much like any other killer, they'll play scummy if they want to. The game is not built in a way to stop that.

If you're not enjoying the game, you can always give up and tab out until everyone's dead. These games tend to be short, if anything.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,930

I wouldn't play Nurse even if I wanted to, since most Survivors dc or kill themselves against her anyways.

Waiting 4 to 5 minutes just to get that seems like a waste of time.

I played Billy yesterday, had a great time and surely the Survivors as well by seeing their messages on the End Screen. So yeah, in some cases, playing Nurse seems selfish cuz you're just looking at your own fun while knowing that the Survivors won't have it.

But this statement is multisided, as Survivors always did and still do the same by using unfun stuff and tactics against Killers, knowing that it is unfun to go against.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

Isn't literally selfish, telling people that they shouldn't play any killer they want, because you don't like it? And you call them selfish?? That's sort of the definition of a hypocrite.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

cry about it

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

What's with the nurse threads lately? I swear there are even more than usual.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

maybe the archives having a nurse challenge is a part of it, idk

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

I had a nurse player today who pretended to be not as good as they really were. Either that or they passed the controller to big bro to finish the match, because the skill level suddenly skyrocketed when we got the gens down to two. It definitely wasn’t a matter of “a few bad plays early on,” because like I said- the skill gap was tremendous.

I’m guessing they did this to “encourage” survivors not to DC or let themselves go on hook, but honestly- this was worse than getting the usual straight butt stomp. This just made me realize that Nurse is so ridiculous, in the right hands- she can meme or throw most of the match, then turn around and destroy everyone in a matter of seconds. As I’m typing this and remembering our match, I just realized what her game plan was: she plays chill most of the game, gets everyone to death hook- then downs all four in a quick snowball succession (like your typical Nurse with zero in pinpoint precision). By the way she turned it up at the end, she could’ve done it in the very beginning. I get it, she wants her points. But that’s very disheartening as a survivor- especially solo que players.

At what point does it not get fun any more to have this “cheat code” of a killer? I hate smurfing in fighting, shooting, and other competitive games. I don’t find it entertaining at all to constantly stomp the competition. That’s boring. Yea it’s fun at first, but after a while it gets mundane for me. You can tell a lot of these Nurse players KNOW they’re going against four solos and will STILL bring their strongest build with best range add-ons. Like let your foot off the gas a little. It’s overkill. And by that, I don’t mean do what the guy did in the match I mentioned above- play at your skill level but save the good stuff for the obvious SWFs. Can I see some yellow add-ons on Nurse for a change? How’s about something other than Starstruck, Floods, LP, and/or Infectious? And how do all these Nurse players have so many purple & green add-ons?? My killers don’t get that many in the Bloodweb.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Players who knowingly spam overpowered things can be described as selfish, yes.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,146

I don't like losing as killer because of god pallets and safe pallets. sorry!

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    edited August 2022

This post might be slightly misguided, but I kinda share the sentiment.

Nurses account for roughly 30% of my games, and it is never a good time.

It feels similar to when Blight was released, and every other game was a sweaty Blight match--except I actually enjoyed playing against Blight and it was noticeable that players were beginning to learn the counterplay. Now, people are just getting stomped and leaving.

People should challenge themselves more, and play something that will actually stimulate their brain. The nurse games im encountering are so mind-numbingly boring, it is hard to believe the killer feels challenged in any way.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

I guess it is selfish to want to win.

But seriously, I just stopped reading after "old Deathslinger OP" and "Adrenaline Vial OP."

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Just get good instead of blaming people on the internet for playing a video game.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Okay, this is just ridiculous.

They bought the game. If they enjoy the killer, they have a right to play them. Hate the killer all you want, don't shame the player.

• KayTwoAyy

Entertainment me for a moment, because I’m genuinely curious…

If the undisputed “best survivor” of DBD made a similar post expressing their woes about Nurse, would you have commented the same thing?

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

I have never DC'd against the nurse or any killer. You know who is being selfish? The people that DC then whine about her being too good. They leave the rest of their team short handed for the rest of the match. That is selfish. The reason she seems too good is because people DC against her and never learn how to properly play against her. The fact that you claim that she is easy to play show that you are just making stuff up to try and further your agenda. You want them to make the game easier for you so that you don't have to bother learning to play better.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Nurse might be overtuned, thats right, but thats the Devs job to figure out. I find it increadible wholesome how so many people here, many of whom play lots of survivor, are jumping in to defend the Nurse, because YOU are in the wrong here.

Just for a little perspective: a while ago having to face 3/4 DH literally every second game (quite verified, not made up stats like "facing a Nurse every single game") was making killer gameplay a chore and many killer mains second guessing their life choices, leading to the massive killer exodus that lead to the (by now in-)famous patch 6.1 Those survivors could very much have stopped playing with DH, especially in combo with other meta perks and strong items, yet the vast majority of them did.

I am not saying that "playing sweaty Nurse now is payback time", but that no side is free of chosing strong options and that a certain kind of people gravitate towards the more easier pathes in life. I for myself played Nurse today for the first time in month, just so that I could finish the current tomes Nurse challenge. She just isn't my cup of tea, so I will suffer through some unwinable matches, just so that I can enjoy the more balanced ones with best boi Pyramid Head and best girl Spirit :)

• Murgleïs
  • KayTwoAyy

Do you have data to back that up? You seem pretty confident in your opinion.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Nurse loves garden of joy and doesnt care about beams or squads.

Another win for nurse ma boi <3

• Murgleïs
    • Watch comp
    • Watch survivors winstreak on youtube (they win against everyone, including nurse and blight)
    • Ask the best nurses yourself. You can join their discord and dm them.
  • KayTwoAyy

SupaAlf practiced with Oracle last year and he 4k’d them in their first game.

Are you suggesting they weren’t good survivors?

And can you link me to a solo escape streak that demonstrates a solo survivor proving that good players always win against nurse?

Because the good survivors play solo too, don’t forget!

• KayTwoAyy

Are you saying a single solo survivor should be able to carry consistently a whole team in a 1v4 game?

I’m not saying that, but you sure are with your “just get good” attitude.

Get outta here.

I could learn to loop a nurse for 15yrs—it still wouldn’t change the fact that everyone else goes down in 15 seconds.

Nurse pub stomps, and no amount of “get good” comments is gonna change that. BHVR needs to change her

• Murgleïs

You could try making friends for 15 years and play with them as a team instead of asking why you have random results with random potatoes.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Survivors bought the game, too.

And they got as much right to complain about overpowered features and the people abusing them as anyone else.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Yes it is and it is NEVER going to not be unlike nurse which will probably get nerfed in the not so far future.

Go ahead, delete nurse for all i care, cut down blights add-ons and wall interactions and fulfill any other outcry. I just hope that everybody is ready for what comes after that.

Not that i really care since i am free from this game since last December and lurk here only for entertainment. But i am just waiting for a day when for example all of Sluzzy complains get aknowledged and taken care of only for them to sit there we no game no longer.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Or play with rarely seen addons, like the one to blink back to og location, run it with bookmark and just be chaotic and random