Which licensed survivor is adapted best from it's source material?

Options
AshyBashy
AshyBashy Member Posts: 28

Main things to consider: The visuals, do they look like the character from their franchise (This is probably the most important aspect)? Are they accurate to their source material? Perks? Lore? Descriptions? Or even their cosmetics? (Or something else I forgot to mention?)

I made a poll similar to this about Killers a few days ago, so I thought it'd be fun to do it with Survivors.

Which licensed survivor is adapted best from it's source material? 23 votes

Laurie Strode
4%
Marc_go_solo 1 vote
Bill Overbeck
39%
DimekmewmewPotMode220AnchorTeaThatOneDemoPlayerLeFennecFoxAurelleSmoeSpaghettiVase 9 votes
Quentin Smith
0%
Detective Tapp
4%
Wowie 1 vote
Ashley J. Williams
13%
Radan42dugmanAshyBashy 3 votes
Nancy Wheeler/Steve Harrington
0%
Cheryl Mason
13%
SpacingLlamasShinobuSKdarkcloudlink 3 votes
Jill Valentine/Leon S. Kennedy
13%
mrpiesellerdeKlaw_04Valaryyn 3 votes
Yoichi Asakawa
13%
FilthyLegionMainBrokenbonesAlex_ 3 votes
Rebecca Chambers/Ada Wong
0%

Comments

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Bill Overbeck

Bill surviving war and a zombie apocalypse would make him a one man army. Unbreakable and Borrowed Time fits his "survived it all" theme.

A good second place may be Leon Kennedy. Simply because he can use a literal flashbang just like in RE.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Yoichi Asakawa

A licensed survivor that's not just a rip straight from the source material; Yoichi is not only a great character from the film but DBD has grown his character, showed us what happened to him after the events of his encounter with Sadako and how he ends up throwing away his life in pursuit of the curse

No other licensed survivor has this kind of development really.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Bill Overbeck

Bill is probably the closest to his source material. His lore fits perfectly into DBD, he looks like he did in L4D (Just in DBD graphics), and he even sounds a bit like him, too. His perks even fit him well.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Ashley J. Williams

It’s a close call between Ash and Bill for me. I went with Ash though because he actually has voice lines and an Evil Ash puppet hand. 😄