Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

HEX: Ruin is up after someone disconnected

Sigee
Sigee Member Posts: 19
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

We played against a trickster who played with the following build:

• No way out
  • Hex: Ruin
  • Iron Maiden
  • Discordance

After one of the survivors disconnected, the ruin was still working and the generators were regressing.

In the ruin description: "Once any Survivor is killed by any means, Hex: Ruin deactivates and reverts its Hex Totem into a Dull Totem."

It is just a guess, but I think the game should consider DC as someone has died and the ruin should have been gone.

Post edited by Mandy on
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Bunzmaster
    Bunzmaster Member Posts: 35

I would disagree. A Kill is different from a D/C.

A Survivor can disconnect on purpose to cancel the killers RUIN.

• Sigee
    Sigee Member Posts: 19

So if someone is disconnecting on purpose it means the game will be automatically balanced for 3v1 immediately for that actual match? I don't think so. Doing 5 gens when you are only 3 is almost impossible because the game is not balanced for that.

Check the custom game. If you start the custom game with 3 survivors, the survivors need to repair only 4 generators instead of 5.

The ruin nerf was made to make the game a bit more balanced in case of only 3 survivors left, no matter why.