the only time the new anti camping perk will be used

is when youre in a 4 man swf and you all agree to it. does nothing for solo q

Comments

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256

Nope, I'm a soloQ player, sometimes duo, and I will play it day one. I saved around 3m BPs to insta prestige Rebecca.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Or for the people who hate camping, I guess. Apparently there are lots of those types.

• Lilttlekae
    Lilttlekae Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2022

Gotta love camping specially when you're in a match with people who do gens, then leave you on a hook till second strike comes then loves to complain, how u didn't run in and save them. Hate camping killers but most of all survivors who think they are entitled while making u sit on hook most of the game and suddenly have amnesia.

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230

Not everyone buys dlc, although res evil will be popular just for the brand. The fact bhvr makes you pay to try and combat camping kinda sucks though, they won't even offer that perk later in shrine will they?

Although, is camping really that much of a thing, maybe just at higher mmr? in the last week, I can recall only coming across maybe 1 camper early on in a game, a couple others but could understand those, gens done and needed to secure a kill.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

As a killer I can't wait for people to use up a perk slot for a completely useless perk like that. (yeah it's just as useless for SWF also, in my opinion, if they disable their own teammate and keep him on the hook longer, it's their choice)

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

It should appear in the shrine eventually but we still haven’t seen either Leon or Jill’s perks there. It’s probably going to take at least a year before Reassurance shows up.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited August 2022

Reassurance will be super useful to survivors who often lose killer in chase and killer camps to try and get the time/pressure back.

This happens often.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I sure will be using it in solo queue as well. 30 seconds per hook instance is still going to be effective. Just a real shame the perk even got nerfed, and without any compensation buffs.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

It's all luck, and with computer luck, it can be very predictable if you keep track of it

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

bruh, Reassurance is kinda-sorta-not really a Deadlock for survivors.

Yall are sleeping on like like it's arriving as a dead perk just because we can't have funny memes

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

are you like the collective spokesperson for survivors or something

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224

Pre nerf it didn’t really make that much of a difference how many people brought it. If 1 person brought it they could stop the timer up to like 5 times per hook stage. So it was a very good and reliable perk if just 1 person brought it. Now with the new nerf, only 1 person can pause the hook timer 1 single time (even if that person reaches 2nd stage they still cant pause the timer again). But if you have multiple people running the perk, up to 3 different people can pause a hooked persons timer 1 time each. Meaning it’s not that good at all in solo but it’s pretty good in a group. So since the perk kinda relies on if other people bring the perk also, a lot less people will bring the perk due to not knowing if other teammates will bring it. Which over time will reduce it even more.

mid 1 person was able to stop the timer 2-3 times then it would be good for solo perk

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I think enough survivors will use it that it will be seen. It is a DLC perk so not everybody is going to unlock it, and I think only survivors who have a particular bug up their butt about face camping will throw it in their loadouts, but the ones that do have a pet peeve about face camping will probably seriously consider using Reassurance since it directly punishes killers just standing around at a hook. Even one use which makes a face camper stand at a hook an additional 30 seconds could make the difference between the gens being done or not done.

And I say this as a killer main who almost never face camps because I think it’s generally not a great tactic. I don’t think Reassurance is going to hurt my own games at all.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,856

I never camp anyway, so I'm psyched for the update. I usually hook then leave the area immediately to check on gens. One less perk the survivors will be getting use out of. Maybe I'll stick around off in the distance to bank some stalk meter on ma boi Ghost Face, but that's about it.

• Tsela
    edited August 2022

exactly! It's far more productive to keep up map pressure, even use perks like sloppyu butcher to keep more of them harmed as long as possible instead of wasting time around a disabled person on a hook. You need to defend gens, you need to find new survivors. And fast. sometimes I down somebody else quite far and if I see the hooked person I hooked before still hanging.... I know I'm doing very good right now. So that is only a good thing if you are not some boring camper counting grass around teh hook. So in my opinion, it's better for them to unhook as fast as possible because I'm going after the rest, and they have a job to do :P

And I'm hyped about the update also. I already have my eye on Awakened Awareness to be included in my builds :)

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,856

The one thing I'm NOT looking forward to is hyperfocus. BHVR says gens are getting completed too fast, so they add +10 seconds to gens....which just makes survivors use Prove Thyself, so now they are getting completed just as fast, again. BHVR admitted the gens are going too fast, then they add a survivor perk that will make them go even FASTER? Makes no sense.

• Tsela
    edited August 2022

Yes you are right. But let's wait to see what happens. I will try to counter it with stuff like Unnerving Presence and such, I don't know yet, let's wait for teh live release and see how it works.

But I'm looking forward for Awakened Awareness against those sneaking around the area when I carry and hook a person :)

• scawyxd
    scawyxd Member Posts: 64

just a person with common sense who can think 5 minutes ahead. this changes nothing for solo q, your games will still be incredibly bad.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 491

This is a cemetery incorrect stance. Kinship, which does the same thing, just to yourself and has a longer trigger range, is for the 4 man swfs. Being able to give it to someone on the hook when I decide to, is totally a boon to soloq. I, me, decides when it is used, rather than someone else.