The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

######### is wrong with BHVR?

2»

Comments

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited December 2018

They literally always post patch notes with a patch.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@MhhBurgers said:

@Global said:
    First thing. No sadly with alot of games now a days you dont own them. They are "licensed" to you which means they can do whatever they want with it no matter what. You know that EULA you agreed to or couldnt play? yea. Thats what that is.

Again in some countries you can take them to court, the cost is mostly just too high for such a petty thing.

I am sure you could take them to court if you live here in CA. Here, you can be offended and sue someone for just about anything.

California is the Old Country Buffet of lawsuits! Something for everyone and all of it's garbage!

Let's all sue BHVR!

• Terratoast
    Terratoast Member Posts: 126
    edited December 2018

@MhhBurgers said:

@Global said:
    First thing. No sadly with alot of games now a days you dont own them. They are "licensed" to you which means they can do whatever they want with it no matter what. You know that EULA you agreed to or couldnt play? yea. Thats what that is.

Again in some countries you can take them to court, the cost is mostly just too high for such a petty thing.

As far as I know you're completely free to not accept the contract or request to leave the contract. But that would mean that you're no longer able to play the game on their servers or receive additional content. That's the way things work and the original agreement when buying the game.

You can't just ignore part of the terms of the agreement while enjoying the benefits (receiving updates and using the servers) of it. If you don't want to be part of the contract you also don't get access to the benefits of said contract.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@SmokePotion said:
    I bought this game. Once it's on my computer it is my property.

You bought a license to play the game. Don't sign contracts (like the EULA) without reading them.

The myth of signing a contract=it's legal now baffles me.

EULA/ToS VERY often are void in many countries.

Is that relevant for this particular instance? Is there a piece of legislation on any country on Earth where DbD is sold that both supersedes the EULA and forces game developers to do what the OP is complaining about?

no just pointing it out because I'm sick and tired of ppl wanting other people to act decent, respectful and want them to take responsibility for what they're doing. That is not the way we should grow up in the west.

So you just wanted to raise an irrelevant issue. If you want anarchy, try Somalia back when they had no government. I hear it was a paradise.

OP signed a legal contract without reading it. OP is now making demands that go outside the terms of said legal contract. OP is in the wrong here, end of story.

No he's not neccesarily, Verbraucherschutz would like to have a word with you.

Again, does Verbraucherschutz say that OP is entitled to having patch notes released before the patch is even released, alongside all that other stuff they're complaining about? Because if not, you're once again raising an irrelevant issue.

• AdánAR
    AdánAR Member Posts: 118

According to people, the new DLC releases tomorrow. On a Tuesday... Weird enough.

But they also haven't given us any announcements to that fact. One guy found something on a small game news site. And that seems to be what everyone believes.

What's wrong with BHVR? This is a big drop. One they announced at the game awards. But with 0 information on when it would be available.

Add into it they regularly patch this game without telling us what they patched. The term "Shadow Buff/Nerf" gets thrown around a lot. That's a serious problem. Legally.

I bought this game. Once it's on my computer it is my property. they are changing my property without notifying me 1: that they are doing it and 2: what they are actually changing. This effects the use of my property..

BHVR needs to step up their communication.

OMEGALUL. Dumb threat imo. Just be patient and don't complain. A lot of garbage threats these days on the forum.
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@Terratoast said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Global said:

As far as I know you're completely free to not accept the contract or request to leave the contract. But that would mean that you're no longer able to play the game on their servers or receive additional content. That's the way things work and the original agreement when buying the game.

You can't just ignore part of the terms of the agreement while enjoying the benefits (receiving updates and using the servers) of it. If you don't want to be part of the contract you also don't get access to the benefits of said contract.

That's literally the only reason why nobody WILL take them to court. But all I'm saying is that in GENERAL a ToS can be void due to errors with local laws, not saying BHVR's is, I'm saying that just signing a contract doesn't make you liable.

And to the last part of your statement:

I basically got my DAoC accounts unbanned through the threat of a major lawsuit, yes of course mythic ent in 2001 pretty much struggled in comparison to companies like BHVR but that means you would just need a plaintiff who's willing to go the extra mile.

Is it unrealistic? Of course it is but we're calling survivors OP pretty much unanimously even tho it's highly unrealistic to expect even more than 20% of the playerbase to apply a sweaty playstyle that makes them OP in the first place.

• Terratoast
    Terratoast Member Posts: 126
    edited December 2018

@MhhBurgers said:
    I basically got my DAoC accounts unbanned through the threat of a major lawsuit, yes of course mythic ent in 2001 pretty much struggled in comparison to companies like BHVR but that means you would just need a plaintiff who's willing to go the extra mile.

That's like saying stealing is fine if you're willing enough (and them not willing enough) to take them to court over it so instead they let it pass. Because they're not willing to put up with mutually assured destruction that is court costs and would rather take a small loss.

It's a stupid tactic that nets you itty bitty gains (like your account), at the risk of pretty much everything. A company that calls your bluff and takes you to court might end up counter-suing you for their court costs to defend an frivolous lawsuit.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    This topic is straight up hilarious. 

Anyone looking to study egregious thought processing need not look any further.