Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Ragequitting/DCing is Out of Control

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I extra don't understand people who do this on the day the new chapter comes out. Like... you know what you're loading into. Everyone will play with the new characters and perks and new things will be broken. That's just how it's going to be that day. What did they expect?

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

It’s hilarious that ragequitters try to act like they have the defensible position.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,529

If it was Wesker.

I had that with us all on death hook.

Obviously some are trying the - you only got 7 minutes - challenge to 4k :-)

• IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 168

Hm ... I had the last 3 days a escape rate of 0 % in solo queue .... same goes for my teammates ... killer 4k´d every match .... no, at some point I can´t blame anyone anymore.

• Dsg4041
    Dsg4041 Member Posts: 75

Tough game to balance because it tends to snowball into a big victory for either side.

• HybridLPangel26
    HybridLPangel26 Member Posts: 119

Ok whats interesting to me is whatever happened to these matchmaking rules where if you are not advanced player like myself that you will be matched with other players the same level but nope im still in matches with hardcore killers and im just playing cause i was on hiatus for 8 months and no changes to the games as far as the developers making the game fair for all types of gameplay 🤷‍♀️🤔

• Xane
    Xane Member Posts: 61

They do at times, sorry not sticking around for some BS game with stupid teammates who self care in a corner the whole game.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Your definition of "good sport" and most others drastically differs. It's like sticking out getting hit in the head with a hammer for 10min so you'll feel like a better person after, instead of just leaving immediately. I've never been that masochistic. No kink shame, though.

The condescension is from another day, another whine about hook suicide/DC. Nothing new is ever offered or gained from it. It's just a woe-is-me post and demand that BHVR make punishments more severe or ban them all. Over and over, when the OG could've just done a search on the forums and found enough reading to last a good while. It's a waste of visual real estate.

Until the demand for a better solo queue environment is made loud enough to BHVR to actually take significant and meaningful steps to improve it, there will be no end to DCs/hook suicides. Ever. Fight the problem. Bitching about the symptom does nothing.

Dear god this! The succinctness of it is worthy of having it pinned at the top of the forum! I'm saving this for copy/paste in every future hook suicide/DC whine post.

The bots are only usable in custom games, unfortunately. Live public trials aren't changing, which is truly awful. I'd play 100% bot games all day every day if it were even worth reduced BPs/shards/exp.

It's hilarious whiners act like they have something worth saying. Post a pic of your food on Pinterest or unbox something.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited September 2022

I misread the above post incorrectly and now I can't delete this lol (if a Mod would be so kind)

• HybridLPangel26
    HybridLPangel26 Member Posts: 119

I leave a match if the person that plays killer is being hardcore on non-advanced players like myself not giving players any fairness for a gamer like myself that does not enjoy being tossed around and played like a fool in matches with them being too brutal in matches. I thought they made changes to the gameplay of being fair to players whom are not 100% though we are still getting our ass beatdown and not even a single chance at getting a gen.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

Wesker is low C-tier at best right now. If you're losing to him consistently either you are bad at the game or your teammates are.

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 555

Increasing the penalty is not a solution, the problem is that the game is boring to play solo, The devs need to give more value to those who play alone, why don't they put native voice chat or intuitive, kindred hud as base kit? penalizing more will only drive people away from the game, but it won't solve the problem

A game should have fun and not become a virtual penalty

• Xane
    Xane Member Posts: 61

MMMMM DC's empower this game though

• CyberRoninX
    CyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

Right lets increase the DC penalty to 24h base and see how many people stop coming back to the game. If you know you will lose why stick around to be miserable?

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,279
    edited September 2022

I have to hard disagree on this. Majority of the DCs in my games when im playing killer or survivor are because they are caught first and they cannot handle it. Yesterday a Laurie dced just before the game was over just because she couldnt handle the fact they lost in garden of joy ( one of the most broken maps in this game) and insulted me in the end game. I don't tunnel or camp by the way so there was no excuse other than she just didnt like to lose.

Survivors DC because they cannot handle losing or dont want to go against some killers so they feel entitled to screw over the team and just quit or give up.

The perks that got nerfed needed to be nerfed. They were broken. Endgame Clutch perks shouldnt exists its an endgame. Gloves off lets fight lets not get free escapes from broken perks. This patch gave survivors really good basekit BT, perk to fight camping and lets be honest broken hyperfocus if you add another perk to compliment it.

Matchmaking in soloQ.. sure i get some hiders in my lobby too and im not sure if they are tutorial neas and dwights, but matchmaking sucks for killers too. Yesterday i played wesker first time and i got a deathsquad against me.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

The game still heavily favors survivors with comms at slightly above average levels of play.

The fact is comms were never considered during this games balancing until 6.1.

The fact is SWF is the equivalent of at least 4 broken information aura perks for free.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Not true. Devs intended for SWF way before the game ever released but it wasn't ready in time.

Since then, survivors have continuously been nerfed to hell and killers buffed to the moon. Survivor is totally unplayable now. A SWF might have a tiny, tiny chance to win if the killer plays poorly but that's about it.

• shiroo
    shiroo Member Posts: 178

I mean at this point it rather points out to issues with the game itself rather than community.

And honestly this is probably the only game I've ever played that has this many DC's/leavers on a daily basis.

• NaughtyXneko
    NaughtyXneko Member Posts: 1

Tired of people DC or giving up too ever other game people screw me over. I play for fun and try my best to win but I never DC or give up. I even played on parties where they put don't leave or rage quit in the description and they still give up or say just let the killer kill u so he doesn't get any blood points. I do think the new killer is too overwhelming and too powerful at the moment and needs a nerf.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337

Have you tried playing as him? If you're getting consistently wrecked by Wesker in his current state chances are you wouldn't stand a chance against most of the killer roster.

• FriendlyKiller

Goodness. That Hag had two perks equipped and one was yellow🤨. That almost certainly means a new player, or at least one that's new to Hag. That game was probably pretty winnable

• FriendlyKiller

The same teammates who self-care in a corner all game are in this thread right now asking for survivor buffs/killer nerfs so they can go back to ROFLMAO stomping the killer without any change in their playstyle or trying to get better at all.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2022

Too likely in attempts to convince BHVR to nerf Wesker.

You know, what happened when they've buffed killers in general around a month ago, right? People were throwing matches for around two weeks, maybe even more.. Some still do throw them from time to time even to this day, but I sure didn't expect them to be such cry babies and put on the act with a „free candy“ whenever things aren't going their way.

I do strongly suspect that this does only happen to players with a competitive mindset.. And as you may know, the game got kinda infested (or shall I say infected?) with them during the occassional sales and because the game got F2P on Epic for quite some time.

• Pyrosorc
    Pyrosorc Member Posts: 202

I was red 1 before the mmr system came into play thanks buddy, I'm perfectly good against most of the roster (huntress can ######### off though I'll admit).

After another day of playing it seems like my ire was misplaced though - the problem isn't Wesker, the problem is new RPD. I actually miss old RPD so badly already but it'll never get reverted lol.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

The thing is people play DbD as if it's a 1v1v1v1v1 instead of a 4v1 or in the case of SWFs 1v3v1 because any SWF team I have seen in my soloQ matches left me to die on hook while tea bagging at the exit gate....and the Killer wasn't camping at all.

• Neprašheart

Well, yes.. But this isn't really related to the topic at hand, is it? I mean, SWF premades were behaving this way for years, it's nothing that shall surprise anybody, besides players new to the game.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

You are just wrong. Good SWFS will take even 3k hour killers to town. The game still highly favors coordinated survivor's- all 6.1 did was balance average players.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 418

Because skill against a new killer that's been out for a day that you're still learning the counter play too makes you bad at the game. DBD toxic community logic. (Probs killer main as well).

• VikingDragonXii

Not with SWFs but with DCing and Rage Quiting is partly to do with the mindset of it's a 1v1 game when it's actually a 4v1 game. When those players with that mindset get beat easily or downed too quickly or if it doesn't go thier way they Rage and DC or suicide. But those who remember this is a team based game and 4v1 will help out their team and won't DC or suicide because all that does is hurt the team

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

I think there is too much incapacited gameplay on hook or slugged on ground and it gives very low bloodpoints, it's way too late to fix it now because half of the perks are related to hooks but imagine if we just respawned somewhere random on the map, it would solve camping at the same time because no hooks to camp

• Neprašheart

That's a fair point, yes.

In theory, it's really not a 4 Vs. 1, but 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1 Vs. 1.. So, it's not like they're that wrong. It's the way they behave that becomes and is problematic..

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

Dbd is a very "toxic" game by it's nature and mechanics. It's something i would only recommend if you're in a stable mental condition. If you play too much of it, you easily get frustrated as there are many situations that feel punishing and unfair (for both sides!) and you just have to go through them until the game finally ends. People don't know when to stop and then they keep on playing and fall into a black hole.

Those people you encountered have probably played way too much Dbd recently.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,174
    edited September 2022
    1. What teammates are doing or not doing
    2. Which killer it is (stupidest reason IMO)
    3. What type of playstyle does the killer use; ie camping, tunneling, slugging for 4k, etc
    4. What perks/build the killer is running (I've seen people d/c or quit just because of a killer running full gen slowdown build along w/ Thana)
    5. They have an emergency/have to go and realize they can't play the game out in time.

Pretty sure those are it.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I had 2 killers dc in today in a row very annoying when cakes in the games. At least when you're killer if one survivor dc:s you can still salvage bp by playing bit nicer or by farming.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited September 2022

Ok then.

End game Killer clutch perks shouldn't exist either then, right? No Way Out, Terminus, Remember Me, NOED, Blood Warden etc.

If 5 gens are completed, why should they be entitled to free kills? See the logic behind that?

For one thing, the escape rate of Solo Q is abysmal. It has got to be below 20%. Maybe a bit higher in a more elite MMR (if it exists) and you get constantly matched with other competent survivors, but for the majority of players, escape rates are low.

The ONLY perks that would offer any aid to Solo Q survivors at end game were Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time. Maybe Deliverence but then you're broken so, not that helpful. And these perks are entirely situational. Decisive was normally used well before end game, ONE time use, and that's IF survivors actually got to end game. You MIGHT get a clutch escape if you were hooked close to an Exit gate. IF your team mates didn't just leave you to die. But often, that doesn't happen.

There are no "free escapes" in Solo Q. There never has been. You're basically surviving against 4 people; The Killer and normally many of your team mates.

I have no doubt some survivors disconnect because of stupid reasons like you outlined. I've seen it myself. Just the majority of the time it's because of camping, tunnelling, or feeling absolutely hopelessly steamrolled (i.e: Nurse. Hoarder PinH with all his souped up add-ons). The stark increase in camping and tunneling post 6.1 is undeniable. Even notorious Killer Mains on this forum admitted to it when they tried Solo (due to really long Killer queues).

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Wesker is as similar to Nurse as Huntress is to Trickster

Wesker is also many things, but overtuned is not one of them

• Neprašheart

I'd go ahead and agree that he's a little overtuned; However, that doesn't mean, he shall be nerfed.

There're literally no other killers, who do apply debuffs from their base powers even without add-ons to survivors, are there? Although Nemesis applies virus infection aswell, it does nothing.. If we'd get to be honest, his infection shall also hinder survivors.

Besides hindering survivors, there's also the fast vault once per X seconds. No other killer has this ability, and I'm not taking in mind the Legion, who may have the ability, but he or she has to switch back to M1 and face quite a long delay after fast vaulting, so it's really not as reliable as Wesker's vaulting power.

Don't get me wrong, though.. I don't want Wesker to get nerfed. He's actually pretty well balanced. Some of his add-ons are a little bit problematic, but it's nothing as extreme as Blight's Alchemist's Ring, for example..

• VikingDragonXii

That's true but this is a Asymmetrical game so the 1v1 mindset won't get very far ina sense, let me explain.

In a Asymmetrical game the power levels of all players must be close to a certain balance, let's go with a standard 100% ratio. Killers would be set at a normal 100% while the Survivors would be set at 25% each but when BHVR started to try and balance I believe they focused on Survivors as a single unit so that's why why have had issues in the past where the balance seems to flip flop so much.

But that's all talk for another place. You are right about how players behave is the biggest issue here.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    edited September 2022

If no one's gonna bother to save me or if I'm left to die on hook with Kindred equipped, I'm out

I'm hitting that leave button

BYE BYE!

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

Indeed I am a killer main (90/10-ish ratio) but I'm playing survivor a lot since 6.2 for the incentive BP, and I'm having no trouble at all looping Wesker. He's awful in his current state.

• otter_space
    otter_space Member Posts: 11

I have had to many matches that were not wesker, a survivor gets found first, gets either downed or 1st hook and leaves the game for no good reason. I like to call these survivors "Fragile".

The devs need to implement a "quitter" system. Whether they are replaced with a bot, replace them with a new player in que, implement a "surrender" feature for both sides, a or a smart reporting system to punish them.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Same. I've not brought an item into a trial in ages. Almost always a loss, and does little to actually impact the game unless you stack higher end stuff (commodious toolbox + BNP + socket, or similar). I use whatever I find in chests (if they're at all useful), and if I get an escape I add the item to the stacks of other items that are borderline useless.

Great, another KEY.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Yet at the start of every match we still feel hopeful. Or at lesst I do. Plus I'm using up all of my brown offerings. It's not all bad. Just mostly bad. Lol

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Then eventually you'll reach the 12th stage of enlightennent and realize that none of it actually matters and that you're just wasting time and entertaining yourself by playing a video game about murder.