Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Feedback: Streamer Mode - Ping UI - Please, please, please consider these changes.

SlowLoris
SlowLoris Member Posts: 288
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi there,

I originally had this thread for the PTB, but it never got acknowledged. The first feature is EXTREMELY important to me, and I held my breath that this would not be how Streamer mode went live, but it did.

First, Streamer Mode.

Please, I beg of you, it needs one more option. I'm extremely happy for Streamer mode, but I was worried when it was announced that it would end up missing the most important thing. A lot of survivor players just want the fairness of a game that the killer is given. I want to have people check out my channel if we had a great game / to say GG, but I don't want them to have the chance to watch it while we're playing.

Please, allow a mode like Anonymous that is active until the END GAME SCREEN. My name and those in my lobby can be hidden until the score screen, and then it shows my actual name. That way the Killer knows they can come check me out, and maybe watch the game play from my side.

The only reason I have TV in my name is because I have met many amazing people. I don't often accuse someone of "stream sniping" - However, I can tell you that I have way better games when I'm offline. Please allow me to meet these new people while not playing the match at a disadvantage. This isn't just a disadvantage to me, but my teammates as well. It is not uncommon to be playing a match, and the killer is slugging for the 4k, unable to locate the 4th survivor, and I look at what they're doing, then all of a sudden the killer makes a b-line for their location when they should still have no idea where they are. I've stopped spectating my teammates or even looking were they are, because of this.

Second, New Ping UI

I love the new Ping UI, but it could use some adjustments. I love that I can now see survivor ping when looking at the lobby, but why are we still not able to see the killers ping in the lobby? If we're adding these changes, please have the killers ping displayed near where the old ping indicator used to be. Another huge QoL would be to not get rid of the survivors ability to view their actual ping. If we could hover over our own / teammates ping icon, and see the number, that'd be amazing.

Another small request would be to change the location of the ping notification while in game. The place it is currently in grabs your peripheral vision, and is hard to ignore.

Perhaps it could be moved somewhere like here, because is not constant information you need to look at. This would also allow it to expand if more people in the match need their ping shown / my ping shown.

Forgive my very quick MSPaint adjustment. It would also be nice if on the Escape screen it showed this icon with the actual ping for the killer.

This is just my simple feedback, and I hope it is at least acknowledged. Out of everything here, please please please reconsider how Streamer mode will be implemented. While I realize that people say all the time "if you don't want to be stream sniped don't put TV in your name", that doesn't change how many amazing people I've met by doing it. It took me over a year to do it, and I regretted not doing it sooner. However, I don't regret the killers that beat me on hook while watching my stream, and take advantage of it. Nobody should be forced to have a bad playing experience, because they want to grow their community. The mode was implemented almost perfectly, just allow me to use it until end game screen, and it will make me and many others very happy.

I had quite a few replies on my original post, and you can see pictures of those here

As of right now this feature is only good for very large streamers. Please, don't destroy the chance for smaller communities to grow, but have fair games.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

RealSlowLoris

Post edited by SlowLoris on

Comments

• Dain_Bramaged
    Dain_Bramaged Member Posts: 2

***THIS***

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 288

Strong response, haha.

I would greatly appreciate any sort of acknowledgement that feedback is being considered for this. This feature is the single most important feature for me in the last couple of years.

Peanits mentioned in a thread they wanted solid contructive feedback, and I'm trying my best to make things constructive / helpful. I wrote a response to them on that post, but for some reason it was deleted. It didn't give me a notification that it was, it just disappeared like it never existed. I'm sure it was a bug, but I'd like to know my feedback is being considered or even appreciated.