Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Weskers vault, hitbox and power charge speed need changes.

Risky12
Risky12 Member Posts: 56
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Firstly his vault speed for pallets suck. What's the point in vaulting over a pallet if it gives you no advantage whatsoever. If I vault a pallet I expect to have a quick enough cool down to punish the survivor that sticks right next to the pallet during loops.

We all know his power hitbox is inconsistent because it's only 20cm which is a bit to smol.

Finally, his charge time for his power is honestly too slow. By the time I charge my 1.5 second ability to punish a survivor who's in a bad spot they are either just in range of a corner, vault or pallet that completely negates my punish window.

Right now wesker is a dash m1 killer. Power is too inconsistent and takes too long to charge. All he can really provide is the distance and if your lucky, grabbing the injured troll at the exit gate.

Edit: for changes I would do either of the following.

For vaulting I would either.

A: allow a second dash after a vault to catch survivors off guard.

B: allow wesker to go full speed after a vault like legion but no animation exit.

Just increase hitbox size.

For charge time lower it to at least 1 second

Post edited by Risky12 on

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

He's an M1 Killer with mobility.

Will he get any other changes other than bug fixes? Probably not

• Risky12

If they made just these three changes, I guarantee you we would see more wesker players and a slightly happier fan base.

• scenicpickle
    scenicpickle Member Posts: 265

no

• Risky12

Can you provide any constructive criticism or are you simply saying no to be a troll?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197
    edited September 2022

they can't reduce his m/s after vaulting because he would be like old legion, there wouldn't be any counter-play to his ability because you can't dodge m1 attacks since they're homing.

they should just allow him to use 2nd bound after vaulting a pallet. the survivor can side-step 2nd bound, so its fair. it would help him a lot in tile-sets. make him a high-tier killer with large skill-cap/skill-ceiling.

I agree with rest in regards charge time and recharge on his power being too long.

Edit: I still win like 70% of my games playing killer, its just that I wish wesker was based more on my killer play rather then survivor's mistakes at loops & poor gen efficiency.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Risky12

Your raise a good point about the vault cool down. Hmm how about after a dash over a obstacle it gets Infected with the virus for 10 to 15 seconds to help build uroboros.

Basically it becomes a trade thing, do I keep looping and get infected quicker or do I run to the next loop and try to make distance?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197
    edited September 2022

in most cases, the survivor needs to stay at a loop because cooldown/slowdown is not enough to make to next loop. it would force survivor to be automatically infection but has slow-build up and is intended not ever reach critical levels. Its more for 4vs1 gen slowdown.

Your also encouraging wesker to do hit & run tactics to try make survivor run out of sprays which i don't think is main purpose of infection. infection is more side-lore aspect of his power, just fluff to the ability. I also don't understand his 40 meter tr... yeah there is monitor&abuse with dashes but its like dev forgot nurse exists and are living the past. nurse monitor&abuse is like dbd 2017. rant over.

I think all his problems regard tileset would be solved by just being able to 2nd bound after a vault and with movement speed on 2nd bound buff & combine with his yellow loose crank add-on, you should be able to get an angle to use his 2nd bound. I think he would have most balanced tileset anti-loop in the game because survivor can juke his bound and killer is given opportunity to hit the survivor at every loop. Nothing is safe, but nothing is auto-hit either. it's skill based anti-loop where the player with better movement(survivor) or better aim(killer) comes out on top.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

I think it would go a long way if they made his charge time, cooldown and that little window after using a bound or waiting too long to use the 2nd bound where the tendrils have to retract before you can m1 a little shorter/faster. And they probably should, just by a tad. But current state Wesker the only issues I have with him is his hitbox and other bugs. As in there's close misses that would not have missed if his hitbox was like or more like the PTB hitbox, but I'm getting those close misses a LOT so it's clear his power almost works and that the cooldown and charge time aren't in a HORRIBLE place. I agree they should be snappier (SLIGHTLY, probably not as much as you're thinking) but the only thing that makes him a pain to use for me is that new hitbox. I'm advocating for 30-35cm on the survivor grab hitbox.

• ProfSinful
    ProfSinful Member Posts: 271

I agree on the need to increase the size of the survivor grab hitbox. 31.5 cm (70% of the original grab hitbox) seems like a perfect middle ground since it's not quite as drastic as the 56% hitbox size reduction that was introduced after the PTB.