Why Surv aren't using breakdown

Just wondering with the state of the game where killers are camping and tunneling why more survivors aren't running the Breakdown perk. Seems like that will help curb the chain hooking on the same hook.

Comments

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

When killers can quite often walk past 2 to 3 other hooks just to reach their scourge hook without Agitation, I don't think it'll provide much defence.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249

It's in one of my loadouts. Breakdown and Flip Flop go very well together. Before the big patch I used Breakdown, Decisive Strike, Flip Flip and Kindred. It was protected from camping, tunneling and unsafe unhooks. I got a lot of use from Flip Flop in that situation. Killers were frightened and intimidated by DS so I'd just stand there and take the hit. It also prevented the one for one exchange. The hook is also broken for 3 minutes.

I've since removed DS and rotate whatever perks I like. Resurgence gets thrown in there a lot. Quick heals is important.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I do sometimes use it, it's pretty handy when the killer has scourge hook perks. Sure you might get hooked on another hook, but suddenly that really conveniently placed scourge hook takes a bit of a vacation and that can be pretty useful 😄

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

You need to play around Breakdown

In solo q your teammates often couldn't care less about you so using a perk to help others is inconceivable to many.

So basically it's mostly a swf perk like Breakout and Boil Over

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

But not a Scourge Hook. Given how popular Scourge Hooks are Breakdown actually seems like a decent counter to that.