Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Ping missing from the lobby.

bensam123
bensam123 Member Posts: 18
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

Not sure what happened to the post, but after 6.2 latency indicators are now missing from the starting lobbies for both survivor and killer. As a killer I can't make sure I'm not being put on a random server in the middle of no where or figure out what my latency is. They're incredibly helpful when you're in a lobby. When you're in a game it's too late and the bars aren't that useful for diagnosing problems compared to a number.

8 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 510

Not sure how it is on killer side but you can see all survivors ping in a match if you are survivor by going into the menu that give you the option to leave the match. It also shows all offerings. Maybe try that to see if you can see your own ping atleast.

• bensam123

As Sab said, you can't see your ping in the lobby or in game as killer. Both sides used to have a ping indicator right of the chat box you could hover over to look at actual latency. That's missing now. The only indicator you have as killer now is in game above the survivor list and that's only if it gets really bad. That's also only after the lobby launches and you can't leave anymore.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,823

FWIW, I think I had a lag spike in one lobby where I briefly got red ping, and the red indicator showed up for a few seconds. It might only be hidden if you don't have red ping. But I would still like to be able to see it.

• bensam123

These are two different things. The ping indicator was found in the pre-game lobby, right of chat. It was a vertical bar that would show you a visual indicator as well as exact latency while hovering over it. That is now missing and the only ping indicator you can see now as killer is the red and yellow bars in game, which is after the lobby launches.