The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rebecca's red cross

I recently discovered one detail that differs between Rebecca from DBD and Rebecca from RE. In DBD, she doesn't have a red cross on her back and bag. Why? Somebody knows?

Comments

• RinsDoormat
    RinsDoormat Member Posts: 121

I understand that the red cross doesn't like the symbol to be used in media so that's probably it.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,553
    edited September 2022

The use of the red cross in any form except real life aid is in violation of the Geneva Convention, I believe.

Add.: Looking into it, it seems not to be as extreme as the Geneva Convention, but cba to do more research

Post edited by GentlemanFridge on
  • Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Yeah, there was something about this and how they want to stay identifiable and don't like their symbol be used in games. The symbol belongs to them and they can sue you and take you to court about this.

Thats why you got the big "H" for health on medkits in games or a green cross or something.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 378

For additional information, Rebecca harbored the Rescue icon in RE5 where she's a playable mercenary. So it's not a change DbD made.