Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Playing Against Freddy Making Maps Nearly White

kristinoe
kristinoe Member Posts: 7
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

EDIT: This originally said when playing against Freddy during Dream World, but it is actually when survivors are awake. The level is still very bright when asleep, but not nearly as white when awake.

Was just playing as a survivor against Freddy on the Haddonfield map. When not in the Dream World, everything became extremely bright. The sky was so oversaturated with white that you couldn't even see the other side of the level. It bled through buildings as well, disfiguring them to look like ruins almost. It happened for me and someone I was SWF with. When asleep, the map is still very bright, but not nearly as bright white as when awake.

WHAT TO ADD IN THE DESCRIPTION

Example

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor against Freddy in Haddonfield (I don't know if this is happening on other maps or not)

Step 3 : In-game, stay awake or enter the Dream World and then wake up.

Step 4 : The level becomes almost flooded with white light

Post edited by kristinoe on
4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• JTeghius
    JTeghius Member Posts: 2

also affects other maps like the Eerie of Crows.

it will trigger this effect every time when you are woken up from the dream world.

When the game starts the sky is normal, but after waking up it looks like this. It applies to all methods of waking up.

it also looked like this for my SWF teammates when they were woken up.

• LilMissOlympus
    LilMissOlympus Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2022

PC/Steam player, and this happened to me in my last game, only reversed. (EDIT: No clue why OP said in the Dream World, when in their images, they're awake. We had the same experience) Versus a Freddy on Haddonfield, and the sky looked alright before I fell asleep and when I was asleep. When I was hooked and woke up, the sky and the edges of my field of vision was just this glaring white, and remained that way until I fell asleep again. I never woke up by other means, so I have no idea if the bug would have still occurred.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

• Step 1: Boot the game
    • Step 2: Set graphics quality to medium, auto-adjust to off, and resolution to 80%
    • Step 3: Play as survivor on Haddonfield versus The Nightmare
    • Step 4: In-game, fall asleep by any means
    • Step 5: After being hooked and woken from the dream state, see the sky turn bright white

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

• I was playing Mikaela Reid, with teammates Jake Park, Ada Wong, and Jonah Vasquez.
    • I was running the perks Borrowed Time, Guardian, For the People, and We're Gonna Live Forever, no item, with offering Sealed Envelope.
    • The Nightmare was running the perks Fearmonger, Barbeque and Chili, Save the Best for Last, and Jolt, with offering Hollow Shell, and addons Blue Dress and Nancy's Masterpiece.

• kristinoe
    kristinoe Member Posts: 7

Thanks for correcting me! I noticed it when I woke up from the Dream World. But actually, I think he had an add-on where we loaded in asleep so I probably didn't realize it haha. I edited my post.