Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Prove thyself, Hyperfocus

Gens in 45 seconds Prove thyself, Hyperfocus Prove thyself, Hyperfocus Prove thyself, Hyperfocus Prove thyself, Hyperfocus

30 seconds generator completed Prove thyself, HyperfocusProve thyself, HyperfocusProve thyself, HyperfocusProve thyself, Hyperfocus

5 gens in 3 minutes Prove thyself, HyperfocusProve thyself, HyperfocusProve thyself, HyperfocusProve thyself, HyperfocusProve thyself, HyperfocusProve thyself, Hyperfocus

Comments

• BlazePyron2
    BlazePyron2 Member Posts: 145

"wahhh just run gearhead and discordance!"

ok cool now i know they have prove thyself and hyperfocus, as if i didn't already know. How does that help me exactly? Especially when I'm sacrificing two perks to find out the genrushers are doing gens?

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

Yeah. Gens shouldn't swing between 45 and 90 seconds solo. Change is needed.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

You ok OP? Seems like you’re having some kind of stroke

• The_Yosh
    The_Yosh Member Posts: 150
    edited September 2022

Sorry, I got so sick of getting tunnelled and camped while running fun and off-meta perks that I just wanted escapes. The easiest escapes for me are to slam gens and leave.

I don't want to spend any more time than I have to doing the most boring thing in the game. I can loop without perks, but I'm not going to do gens without them, especially with the 4 slowdown Andys out there.

Also, Infectious Fright and Pain Resonance both counter Hyperfocus. There are so many killer perks out there that can cripple entire builds, use them.

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 470

Increasing gen speeds to input that kind of perk just undid the change, and now makes them just obnoxious to do if you don't use the perks with others or alone

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Just make hyperfocus not work with toolboxes and prove thyself is fine

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
  • dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

You’re getting tracking in on where people are to chase them, you just need to be trying to capitalize on it quickly.

Mind you, I do think Hyperfocus plus Stake Out might be a specifically problematic combo, but getting tracking info helps you if you’re using it for a good macro game.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Okay, Hyperfocus requires you to stay on a gen and never get off of it and also land the skill checks.

Pain Resonance forces the survivor to stop, ruining their combo, reminder that you need to land a second great skill check before you see any bonuses.

Surge will blow up a gen and destroy any Hyperfocus combo

Infectious Fright will cause a survivor to scream and force the Hyperfocus combo to end.

Unnerving presence will reduce the size of skill checks and increase their chance of failing, stopping their hyperfocus combo

Discordance will tell you of any survivors working together to rush the gen together, simply use any mobility/long range killer to interrupt them and eliminate all value out of Prove Thyself.

Doctor will impede your ability to land skill checks, and will also interrupt their Hyperfocus combo if you shock them

Artist will put a survivor at great risk if they continue to work on a gen, while also being very easy to scout gens in the first place. If they refuse to move after being afflicted with crows, you injure them and interrupt their Hyperfocus combo.

Pinhead will force survivors to leave their gens to solve The Lament Configuration and also force them off when the Chain Hunt completes/ gets picked up from the carrying survivor.

These are but a few of the examples I could think of off the top of my head, there is plenty in the killer arsenal to remove these two perks effectiveness in a match.

Remember children, Adapt...or die.

• BradQuackson
    BradQuackson Member Posts: 385

Telling you bro Discordance, Fearmonger, Jolt, and literally any other perk counters this meta. I have been running it for weeks even prepatch. Haven't lost a game, (gotta be playing a high mobility killer tho)