Dear facecampers,

Just out of curiosity, if this is your “”“play style””” then what fun do you actually get out of the game? Because you’re….doing nothing but standing there?

Just curious as I’ve just played a game with blight who is usually one of my faves to play against but this player just facecamped every single hook, which meant anyone even attempting to unhook survivors would get screwed over in one hit. One guy did gens while the rest of us “distracted” the killer which essentially just means we unhooked anybody he hooked as he wasn’t even doing chases, just standing at hooks and hogging them lol?

Comments

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Not diminishing how crappy and filthy facecamping is, I wanted to say, I don't know what happened, but I didn't see any facecampers in last week (probably I dropped to negative numbers MMR abyss). Can't explain it, really, but it feels much more enjoyable (if there is any enjoyment in playing survivor). Killers still do their 4K every time and still occasionally tunnel, but at least I have a chance to play a game a little.

I still believe if devs remove facecamping (considering Otz's suggestions and making Reassurance a basekit) it would be very very healthy to the game.

• basblater
    basblater Member Posts: 20

Yeah I haven’t had it happen in a while tbh! This one game felt like a weeks worth of facecamping. 🤣

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

People that habitually facecamp tend to like trolling people and getting reactions. Some will be more honest about this than others.

That said, Blight's not a particularly good facecamper and it's a real waste of Blight's actual potential, which is map presence and fast downs. The trick to dealing with a non-instadowning facecamper is to rush gens and have someone hook trade near the end of each hook stage timer - if you do a parade of back to back hook trades or you have a hook standoff, you're playing right into the camper's hands.

• basblater
    basblater Member Posts: 20

I think they should just say they can’t play blight and call it a day 😂

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I don't have alot of motivation to play normally. That's pretty much it.

I've started to play more normally, but I won't hesitate to facecamp if a survivor annoys me.

• shiroo
    shiroo Member Posts: 178

Technically it shouldn't be winning.

Face campers shouldn't get more than 1 kill out of a game. IF people started playing correctly around it I guarantee you it would discourage a lot of ppl from face camping so much.

I know it sucks being the person on hook but the worst thing you can do in that situation is suicide. Stay alive as long as you can, meanwhile others smash out gens.

Worst case scenario if another person gets hooked you can go for double save once gates are up.

Too many times I see face campers getting 3+ kills out of a match...

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

alternatively, winning keeps the void from growing larger

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

In my experience mostly new people deliberately facecamp, or just protect the hook like their life depends on it. They will learn eventually that it's far easier and faster destroying the survivor team without wasting time like that

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

I've gotten used to face camping, as unfun as it can be. Although I always run Kindred just in case it's Bubba, because at that point that's a massive dare for my team mates to save, and one that does not end well lol

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Haven't been faced camped for a year or so, never happens nor do I see it. Would assume if you were hard to catch such as sensitive juking, then a killer might see it reasonable to make sure you can't run you in circles for another 5+ minutes.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Do you know if this is their go to strategy every game or are you assuming their motivation and "playstyle" because of this single event?

I mean I've oscillated between chase heavy games and more hook defend campy games when I'm not feeling like committing to every chase.

"One guy did gens while the rest of us “distracted” the killer which essentially just means we unhooked anybody he hooked as he wasn’t even doing chases, just standing at hooks and hogging them lol?" If all the play is centered around the hook then as killer why leave?

Not like there was no killer interaction, your description makes it sound like a lot of hook trading and back and forth played out. Making what sounds like a pretty fun game.

I know there is a "camping boo" mentality among a lot of players but you'd be amazed how interactive a game like that can be when players engage for hook trades and saves.

Don't fall into the trap of "I don't find it fun, therefore no one should find it fun" mentality.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I'll be surprised if @ThiccBudhha hasn't commented on here yet

Jk, love you