Nurse Special attack.

Options

So I hear the argument alot that the nurses blink attack should be considered a special attack and looking at the other killers this makes sense to me. Blight's dash is a special attack even though its basically a lunge at the end of his rush and is not basic attack between rushes. Legions feral slash is a special attack and is his only option during his power prior to fatigue. Trickster can only throw knives during main event prior to fatigue. The only killer with a power that puts them into fatigue after that can basic attack is Oni however his lunge is still replaced. So I get all the reasons why nurses blink attacks should be special attacks.

I am wondering the reasons why they shouldn't be special attacks. Why they havent changed them. It seems to only make it so perks that benefit only from basic attacks will benefit her, but there are several killers that those perks are less effective on, Huntress, Trickster, Cannibal, Blight etc. It also would allow for a wider range of add-ons for her like with other killers, applying status effects or special benefits when hit with a special attack.

I am asking this because I really want to see the other side of this. There is no benefit to something being a special attack but there is to something being a basic attack, perk wise. So why does the agreed upon strongest killer get an attack that could be defined as a special attack as a basic?

Comments