Won my first 5 Games as Legion at Rank 2

oRabble
oRabble Member Posts: 44
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

I didn't play Legion in the PTB. Played him/her/they today expecting to meet an horrible killer. In every single game I kill everyone, or the last survivor escaped by the hatch. No one could evade me. Why people think this is an horrible killer? All chases where one of two possible scenarios:

a ) Frenzy hit the survivor, survivor run into a pallet/loop free zone - You catch up the distance immediately using the Renewed Frenzy and then manually EXIT Frenzy. You're now next to the survivor and you can easily close the gap, even with your 110% movement speed, as there are no pallets or loops.

B ) Frenzy hit the survivor, survivor run into a pallet or loop zone - You EXIT your Frenzy inmediately, break the chase, and follow up the blood trail as the survivor is slowly losing his deep wound bar. Eventually he either collapse, or give up allowing you to down him, or he is so low in his deep wound bar you can start your Frenzy again to easily down him.

It was lot of fun, and I feel like a true hunter: Mangling your prey and relentlessly chasing it through the wilds until it eventually bleed out or give up. And more importantly, the time from finding a survivor until you can down him were faster than what I feel it is the average of killers.

Comments

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    What maps were you on and was or a SWF. 
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

@EntityDispleased said:
    I'm pretty sure this is just cheesing through him trying to make him the slightest bit viable. Option A would be quite situational and would usually work only against bad survivors since no experienced player will run into an open field when being chased. Working your way up to option B would be absolutely tedious and time wasting. The fact is that it's literally impossible to win with him against proper survivors no matter how good you are. The game punishes you for using your ability and also punishes you for not using your ability (110% ms).

I would I could upvote this a million times. Devs, fix Legion.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Option B) is just bad, there's no reason for you to not hit him again if you're gonna break chase anyways, the distance they gain is meaningless and you take out a good chunk of time off of them.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I've done ok with him in some games but even then I've never felt as bullied as I do when playing Legion. You can just feel that he's underpowered.

Having your frenzy run out just before you can even get to someone, but you need to use it early because he's slow as hell.

Plodding around at 110% movement speed.

Getting looped endlessly while survivors exploit the hell out of his poor design.

Having survivors run towards the exit, and you either frenzy for speed at which point you cant down them and  they win, or you walk after them at which point you're too slow to catch them in time and they win.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Problem is rank is meaningless. He sucks vs. GOOD survivors

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Lol imagine thinking that five games is enough to determine balance.

Situation A is situational and can probably happen with any other Killer and Situation B takes way too much time.

Once you go up against Survivors that aren't complete potatoes, then you'll see just how bad of a Killer Legion really is.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    He’s not that bad. 
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    He’s not that bad. 

They are pretty bad. Weakest killer in the game imho. I don't think they are hopeless though. After a few tweaks they should be 100% viable.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    He’s not that bad. 

They are pretty bad. Weakest killer in the game imho. I don't think they are hopeless though. After a few tweaks they should be 100% viable.

Imo they're viable now. Deep wounds could use tweaks but legion is very playable as is. I'd chase at 110 for days before waiting 7 seconds to hit somebody.