So why did the Sprint Burst meta never happen?

I_CAME
I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238

Cause it's all I heard about when they announced dead hard was being nerfed. It has certainly gone up in usage but everyone was predicting that it'd be the dominant exhaustion perk. This hasn't happened and it is currently the fourth most used exhaustion perk behind Dead Hard, Adrenaline, and Lithe. Why do you think more people are not using sprint burst? Overrated? Too annoying to manage?

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

It's because dead hard is still good and more interactive to use.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

dead hard superior

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,372

Dead Hard is strong when you pull it off and there's a script people to always dead hard when the killer swings. With the script, Dead Hard is a better choice than Sprint Burst and against most killers is effectively a 3rd health state when the killer is committed to a chase.

Sprint Burst would likely see more use if Dead Hard usage wasn't being brought up by script users.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Sprint Burst is the sixth most used survivor perk currently, it’s only a few percent below Dead Hard. Really Dead Hard, Lithe and Sprint Burst are all being used in mostly equal measure.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

Scripting is cheating, sure it may increase the usage by a bit but theyre in the VERY large minority

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358

I highly doubt cheaters make up a huge bulk of DH users. DH is still a powerful exhaustion perk that gives a 3rd health state during a chase. That alone is worth taking. Always feels good when I pull off a dead hard into adrenaline play.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

It didn't happen because the same few people saying the same thing over and over in a reactionary manner to Dead Hard's rework didn't make it a reality.

T_T

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454

Script is countered by killer swinging nearby but not to hit DH user to test for script. Otz did that. Personally my meta is not using any exhaustion perks, i think they're a crutch for some and overrated.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I think Lithe is superior because you have way more control over it. Don't get me wrong, you see really seasoned survivors who are able to 99% their exhaustion meter, but most of the time you see people walking around the map to save it, which, in my opinion, is just annoying and slows progress down. Lithe is far more efficient and reliable at gaining distance during chase (when you need it most). Overcome is also pretty good and underrated.

(Best to worst): Lithe - Overcome - SB - BL - Smash Hit

It's hard to place DH. When it works and its timed well, it still remains the best exhaustion perk. However, I think it's too unreliable and hard to use for newer survivors.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Until you use Lithe and end up on The Game where there's only 2 windows in the whole map :p

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

Because sprint bursts effectiveness was extremely over exaggerated by dead hard defenders.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I was wrong about it too. I think sb is a waste of time because you will have to walk here and there it is just unavoidable.

Even with self aware it is not wise.

• BonDBD
    BonDBD Member Posts: 21

Sprint burst is overrated. u go zoom for 3 seconds, congrats i guess. could easily be replaced with something that benefits the team or yourself even.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Fearmonger only helps 99ing it... It helps if killer runs it.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

For the first use, assuming you spawn next to/near a gen in walking distance, yeah - This is a common misconception about Sprint Burst x Fear Monger.

Unless you're planning on walking to gens each time you're unhooked/win chase (and in this tunnelly/time sensitive meta you may as well be throwing because someone walking around the map is giving Fear Monger a wayyyyy better effect than Exhaustion), Fear Monger is going to get value.

I guess you could run Fixated to alleviate this a bit, but it's still a perk slot that doesn't eliminate the issue and is best used on something else.

Fear Monger also helps vs Solo players as even if they bring Kindred, they can't stay on a gen while properly assessing an unhook situation in real time.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I always walk to first gen it usually just couple meters away and if killer comes immediatelly it's good to have it ready. Once I did just run straight start of match to find gen and I ran to bubba and he chainsaw me. So that was good learning experience to always walk when match start.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I imagine most of the people who were declaring that if you nerf Dead Hard, you'd get a huge push to the much better and more powerful Sprint Burst (everybody was running DH out of the goodness of their hearts I guess since SB was clearly so superior) actually just didn't want DH to get nerfed and somehow figured if they said it often enough, the devs would believe them and decide not to nerf DH.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Sprint Burst is a perk that you have to be constantly aware of using, while Dead Hard was and is not.

Not everyone wants to walk around all game, or waste their perk constantly.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,438

After the rework there were *a lot* more SB players. I'd never seen as many as I did at that point. But slowly I started seeing less and less of it. I never used it so can only assume it was probably because of the massive waste of time walking was. Overcome was another one I noticed increased for a bit but that dropped faster than SB did (I'm an Overcome user personally). DH still features a fair bit but I see alot of Lithe atm too.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

I dunno if it's meta or not, but I definitely see it a lot.

Why I don't see it more? Perhaps because it does requires you to change your playstile significantly to really take full value from it, but its effect is so strong it can unilaterally end a chase.

Fearmonger actually sinergizes with it, if you're playing to use it mid chase all you need to do is touch a Gen to get a short-lived exhaustion and be able to move normally, then you just prepare your exhaustion when you foresee a chase.

Much better than having to walk everywhere or wait for the full 40 sec exhaustion before being able to move normally.