Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

In reality killers have way more than 61% killrate( games with DC and giving up on hook EXCLUDED)

True killrates above 80%, well have a fun playing survivor, especially solo, so killer mains, can feel very powerful, after a power role meant to have extremely unfair advantage, playing survivor means to be a loser prey for killer to have fun with.

Comments

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

I dont suggest anything, just finding really interesting that there are still players who want to play the prey, with close to 0% chance to win.

Strange, well at least killer mains can still feel extremely powerful as long as there are players who love to lose all the time

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

I don't think they do. You play against a decent SWF, and you're not Nurse or Blight, you lose. And sadly that's what happens a lot of the time, because killer players choose to play multiple killers, not just 1 or 2. Do they get 4k's sometimes? Sure. But if they're having to play their heart out against decent SWFs and get 1k at most, how easy are the survivors they're facing that gave them those 4k's?

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2022

And if the devs really remove Blights Hug-Tech, which is considered as a bug, he will fall in the tierlist anyway. So Nurse is everything then, considered your post.

If Nurse, who completely ignores the rules of the games like walls, windows or pallets, is the only killer for staying competetive in highest mmr, what is this saying to us?

• Marik1987

Yeah even without Blight is a brillant chase-killer anyway, thats correct.

• danielmaster87

Agreed, that Blight is really A tier if not lower once he loses the techs. Nurse being the only viable killer at top level tells us that the game is too fast for all the other ones. Otz's video on gen speeds in which he says, "You cannot balance for the fastest possible gen speed and the slowest at the same time" got me thinking that maybe we should just get rid of gen speed and gen regression perks. They are easily the least interesting of the bunch, and make the game polarizing depending on if you run some of them, 4 of them, or none of them at all. This can extend to toolboxes as well. Ghost Face, Hag, Trapper, and Dredge all have potential to cut chases short, but it's simply not fast enough. They need to be given time to chase. Once they can do those things, then we can immediately think about making camping and tunneling near-unviable. We can't make those strats completely unviable, because when the killer HAS to do those things, then what happens? But I would love to see a version of the game where killers win by chasing, not by camping and tunneling or by having to run full slowdown builds. If the game is chase-oriented, or even stealth oriented, suddenly perks like Quick & Quiet, Any Means Necessary, and Distortion become viable, and I'm sure most people would love to see that.

• Marik1987

Remove the perks and the toolboxes OR let toolboxes do everything like kow EXCEPT Gen-Speed-Up.

Is that your thinking? I dont know how I would find these sort of changes. Its really difficult.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Blight will still be s-tier without the hug tech. It can be more efficient in reducing the amount of rushes used, but almost all hits the hug tech CAN get you bump logic blight will make it guaranteed. While as I blight main I would prefer to keep the hug tech because it extremely fun and fluid, if they remove the hug tech blight will still be amazing. I also really don't think they are going to remove the hug tech as it would have been patched out months ago, all it would take is for them to slightly increase the range of his ray cast detection for it to be gone. Alch ring and c33 will be nerfed for sure though, if not it's because they are planning on nerfing/reworking nurse soon and need a killer that can stand up to the strongest of swfs/comp games.

• danielmaster87

The perk idea I think is good. Toolboxes might be able to still speed up gens, or we could just repurpose them. Because if we just take away Prove Thyself, Overzealous, Deja Vu and all that, we still have toolboxes which include Commodius Toolboxes with Brand New Part. We're trying to get away from things that guarantee you a straight-up time advantage. Or, because there was a cap put on heal speed, maybe we can put a cap on gen speed. It's difficult to grasp because all we've known is people completely blowing away the other side with their efficiency, not because of their skill but because of how the game is designed. There's never a neck and neck match.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,171

"There are cheaters in DbD that also influence escape and kill rates, we should balance the game around little Timmy using a script to fly around the map and do all generators instantly, or little Robert who runs a botting script and wants to instantly 4K as killer as soon as they load into the match... as a result, all survivors now have to complete 3 generators instead of 5 and killers can now Mori after their first hook."

• lifestylee
    lifestylee Member Posts: 261

i have like 50% escape rate as solo survivor except vs nurse vs her its quite lower (people ragequitting greatly effects this plus i could learn how to run her a bit better and she's the strongest killer in the game).

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Where are you getting that ragequits on hook are excluded from the data?

• danielmaster87

What about it isn't true? It's the same thing with streaks. You can win all you want, but as soon as you face decent survivors, what can you do? You just lose. Survivors aren't required to be amazing to beat an amazing killer; they just have to be efficient on gens. It's not limited to 4-mans either. Solos have shown that they can have SWF-level gen speed and body blocking if they just play smart. The reason you can't just play smart as killer to do well is because there is no smart play at that point, even with camping or tunneling. If you camp or tunnel someone out, the others finish gens and they're out. If you don't camp or tunnel, you don't kill anyone, they hook bomb and body block, and they're all out. If you alternate between 2 people, you might get 2 kills, but you have to go straight from one to the other every time you hook, and it's still proving my point that you have to get someone out early. It may be that case that it's not so cut and dry, but in that case the survivors wouldn't be playing efficiently.

I feel that the idea that "killer is A okay now" is based off of the assumption that it's one of the top 2 killers, or a killer running full meta, doing well against survivors that aren't running full meta. But the flipside is basically never talked about, where the survivors are running a few meta perks or full meta perks, even though they don't have to in order to win, and are just dominating a killer who is bringing their best. It's not just bad killers that experience that. Killers who are in constant chase, pressure gens multiple times, bring good perks and add-ons, and make few or no mistakes also commonly experience defeat. Why is playing really well not enough for them to win? Why are they expected to play perfect when survivors are not expected to do that and still win anyway?

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

More than 80%? Wow, that's really something - can you please share your data on this? I mean, it's not like you'd just do a wild-a$$ guess to make a hyperbolic point, right?

Right?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I'm playing against objectively good people as Killer and I seem to be doing fine.

Some games I win, some I lose but I don't think I've had a single game where I've gotten less than 7 hooks in a long time.

This notion that even a "decent" team can bully any Killer is just flat-out wrong.

Hell, I know I played against a 4-man team whose newest member had 7K hours the other week with Wesker AND they took me to Coldwind AND I still won with 10 hooks.

You must be getting only comp teams because I'm having zero difficulty in almost all of my matches.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

or, all they post is about how terrible killer is and how much they struggle lol

everyone clowns on sluzzy on here for their takes with survivor but theres 3 people off the top of my head that do it for killer and nobody bats an eyelid

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Yes, it is lipstick on a pig. It is way worse than BHVR is portraying.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited September 2022

Every killer here must go against god SWF teams every game… At least that’s what you would think if you read the posts on this forum, lol.

Definitely not skill issues. We need to nerf survivors more.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I do not categorize people based off of their previous posts.

I will always consider the ideas and points presented, no matter who posts it.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

First they don't exclude matches where people kill themselves on hook there is no way to tell but they do exclude dcs. So by that logic if you were to remove all the games where people rage quite your removing a bunch of kills from that pool meaning escape rates would go higher. I don't know how you think excluding a bunch of games where the killer gets a 4ks would increase the kill rates.