Dh has delay or nah?

Options
Shaped
Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Yesterday I decided to start using it and I get it to work here and there but whenever I go against Nurse it feels like it has delay the most. It doesn't proc when I press the ability button at all.

The problem is if I do it too early it will end before I get hit with 0.5 secs window.

Any tips?

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,949
    Options

There is a delay for the Endurance for some reason.

In this video example, you can clearly see the Dead Hard animation start, but the Endurance status effect appears delayed, so I go down despite timing my Dead Hard accordingly.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

It is hard to tell with latency, but I have "missed" some pretty free dead hards. I play fighting games with one frame links, so I am used to very specific windows, and sometimes dead hard just fails. Not sure if the delay is built in or lag based.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

It might be worse because there are more latency issues recently.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 421
    Options

@Shaped & @Iron_Cutlass

"In this video example, you can clearly see the Dead Hard animation start, but the Endurance status effect appears delayed"

As far I know, I've heard it was a delay of 100ms that it should explain the reason of your failed Dead Hard. In your clip, we can count 3 or 4 frames since the start of the action but the M1 of the killer reaches Rebecca and put her on the ground.

But yeah latency can reduce the perfect timing for the DH. But usually the Endurance proc. more easy at the end of the anim as at the start...

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

I heard somewhere last week that it is a 10ms delay. And that lines up with what I have experienced. So basically it's a prediction based thing more than reaction, but in reality 99% of killer cannot react in 10ms just keep it in mind.

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222
    Options

Pretty sure there is no delay, it just lost its validation. So whenever dh doesnt proc when it should, its because of latency.