Cheating is rampant...again...

Options
woodenEnthusiasm
woodenEnthusiasm Member Posts: 160
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

Just ran into my 4th obvious cheater tonight. I get that cheating will never be solved in any game. But it's amazing just how extreme the cheats are in this game, loading in with 2 killers, people teleporting, survivors bringing in killer offerings, killers with every perk in the game.

I get that this game started peer-to-peer, but why isn't there a single server side check for these things? And don't get me started on how meaningless reporting is. According to Mandytalk themselves they will not act on any report without video proof. Guess that david with no toolbox flying around every map breaking every hook was my imagination when I sent that report in.

Comments

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

the amount of people cheating is sad, idk how anyone gets any enjoyment out of only winning because of cheats

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

I have over 6k hours, I am well aware of the subtle cheaters :)

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    Options

Everything is getting sus now or maybe im wornout on DBD.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,361
    Options

I've been finding bots that bring an Ormand offering, insta do gens and leave. Just can't understand why someone would set up a bot to do that.

It's funny though, bring a Sacrificial Ward and it breaks them.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 877
    edited September 2022
    Options

I'm seeing, well suspecting, a lot of aura reading cheating on killers at the moment and speed boos cheating for survivors.

I'm just getting too many matches where the killer just beelines for people without any of the usual conditions I.e. no BBQ, people not running around or injured. I had one Wesker follow me from one side of the Garden of Joy to the other when I was running Lucky Break and he had no line of sight on me to see where I was going, for example.

But also, I'm in matches with survivors who perpetually seem to have very long or indefinite sprint burst in the most overt cases of 'subtle' cheating and who always seem just that bit faster than me, getting ahead and coving more distance with no speed bonus perks. I'm sure there is more but this is just what I've seen this week.

Post edited by jajay119 on
  • sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I had a game yesterday where i was stunned out of nowhere so i couldnt pick up a downed survivor. There was no locker near, no ds, nothing.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

i haven't got blatant cheaters yet, my friend got 2 but holy hell the amount of subtle cheaters i encounter is concerning

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I think it has to do with the bots advertising links in the aftergame chat. They don’t care about the match, they just want to get to chat to spam a link to their site.

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230
    Options

Wait the cheaters can bring killer offerings lol? why though, so you can mori them or grant you BP bonus 🤣

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options

Had a very blatant cheater last night. I recorded the game and sent it to BHVR. They emailed me and viewed it almost right away. Hopefully that person is banned now.

• woodenEnthusiasm
    woodenEnthusiasm Member Posts: 160
    Options

They can bring killer offerings, addons with no items, they can even change their skin midmatch

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,232
    Options

I think the cheating situation is 20 times worse because their dedicated servers aren't verifying any player actions it's insane what cheaters can do. If they actually verified everything cheaters would be left with very little.