Woooo! Engaging Gameplay That Should Totally Be Promoted!

Options

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

I think feeling bad when someone insults you doesn't mean you need therapy.

Bm'ing in game and irl can feel the same because it is the insult either way. I agree we should all have a "thicker" skin but it is not something that can magically happen. Humans have emotions.

I also feel like this game frustrates people to the point they do that to let some steam. It is not an excuse but it can't be helped.

We can all stop playing games that frustrate us tho. It is our own choice to keep playing.

• Bella_Boo
    Bella_Boo Member Posts: 20
    Options

Yeah this is defs not one of those games where you should play when you're in a sour mood. Generally the mood only gets worse.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361
    Options

These booba players are the dbd equivalent of league players that run it down mid with no provocation lol. We just feel it more because of the asymmetry of the game

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Lol, they nod and keep hitting you on hook after you stunned them and fell 3s later

• Freshwick
    Freshwick Member Posts: 71
    Options

You ran to a bad jungle gym.. you need to recognize titles better especially when using a perk like lithe or overcome as exhaustion perks.

You also hit that window too early when you had distance on the killer.

You should have waited.. it gave him the mind game advantage when you lost line of sight.

You saved the pallet when his chain saw was fully rev'd without dead hard or any real plan of action other than taking the down.

Two map offerings were burned by the survivors.

This usually indicates to the killer that survivors are comfortable playing on the map or their build favors that maps play style.

The killer can make the choice to kill a survivor fast to level the playing field at any point of the game imo

If your teammate wastes the pallet near the hook. They're the reason you died.

The killer knows that area is unsafe because of your teammates actions.

Body blocking doesn't help against every killer.

E.g the nurse, the plague, oni etc

Survivor game play requires game sense, team work and cojones.

A lot of killers stand by the hook to chase easier as low end survivors play stealthy (They call it immersive gameplay) hooking others players will draw them out.

Ds quick & quiet head on combo, kindred, off the record, dead hard, med kit with bottled time or whatever camaraderie was renamed to might help.

Survivors will help/ trade if they have an understanding of what's going on in my experience js

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2022
    Options

Yeah I'm afraid all this video shows is you having a pretty good chase where you misread a mind game at the vault and then got greedy at a pallet you should have dropped, leading to a down.

The Bubba then smacks you on hook which is probably uncalled for but not the end of the world.

Someone else was on hook and not being camped during the vid so the killer either committed to chasing you away from the hook or left the hook which also doesn't really fit the narrative.

Personally I would have vaulted back through the main building window while the killer didn't have line of sight, you probably would have lost them completely then.

2 hooks at 3 gens they could switch it up to a defensive game at that point if they chose to.

I'd say it has nothing to do with how you played. People always say I didn't do anything toxic why did they camp?? but defending a hook is sometimes just a good play. It doesn't mean your opponent is mad at you or out to ruin your fun, stop projecting onto your opponent.

That was a pretty good chase, if you are finding even the base elements of DBD unfun then my suggestion is take a break from it.

Even if they camped and tunneled me to death at the end of that I'd finish out the game with a GG and move on. Well done Bubba you caught and killed me just like the entity is telling you to do.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

The “Idiot Steve” message made me laugh tbh. You found no humor in it?

But seriously, as soon as I know it’s Bubba, this is the kind of match I expect. If you’ve never had a Bubba like this before, you’re very lucky.

Now, I’m not saying you were doing anything wrong… But I’m saying as a killer if I’m gonna throw a whole game to face camp and tunnel one person, they were doing some serious BMing…so..idk, something to think about.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

It was a little funny.

I said ? but they never sent me anything else.

• SluggedSurvivor
    SluggedSurvivor Member Posts: 51
    Options

I wonder what these peoples’ personal lives are like… nevermind, I don’t want to know

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322
    Options

Since they buffed killers, now they can reduce BP gain from tunneling and camping massively.

Also in that regard, tunneled survivors should get a free of the record base kit, after they are hooked fast again.

Dev's probably love their unfun game mechanics, like camping, tunneling and being slugged on the ground.

On the other side its clicking, survivors standing at the exit gate etc....

No wonder this game has so much toxicity, when dev's actually want that.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    Options

You're playing devil's advocate there. Even if the user did BM before the start of the video (I doubt they were), we all know this kinda stuff happens to perfectly nice survivors who are just playing the game. I've seen a Bubba do this to a baby Meg who did absolutely nothing wrong and didn't know how to loop or anything.

Putting ownership on the Steve is unfair, when they have video evidence of this killer being completely and utterly toxic and playing in an unfair and unfun manner. And for anyone that says "but the killer's having fun": how can staring at a hooked survivor in a video game and pressing a button for an attack animation be fun? If they are, then no disrespect but they need some fresh air.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Even if its a not a 4 man perfect sweat squad the killer doesn't know that, they are just mad they got 2 gens for 2 hooks and decided to stop playing in a conventional way vs a team of survivors who brought map offerings

• Pulsar
    edited September 2022
    Options

also to the one guy who told me I was a bad liar. That's true, I am.

I'm really good at telling the truth tho

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

prestige bubba, what did you expect

• pseudechis
    Options

Survivors can BM at the gate all they want, as killer you have the power to stop that in an instant its called M1 or even better M2.

I didn't see any tunneling in that vid and the hitting on hook is just as innocuous as Bm'ing at the exit gate.

As survivor if you get caught and/or killed you probably should have done more not to get caught. (sometimes even that isn't enough random chance will get us all eventually).

What happens directly after getting caught (hooking/slugging) is largely out of your control. That's DBD.

If your goal was to make a good rebuttal, I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Obviously a survivor that is hooked should be completely invincible for the remainder of the game. Or something. Or you could just GG next and not sweat it.

• Pulsar
    Options

If I drop the pallet there, the outcome is the same, only I've made a big deadzone for my team.

You can see with WoO that there aren't any pallets nearby.

Likewise, even if I had made it somewhere, based off of this behavior, I do not think the outcome would be any different.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Maybe he likes playing villain? You guys are overthinking things.

• Pulsar
    edited September 2022
    Options

They only DDoS'd me for a long time, no threats, thankfully.

Stopped my father from working, stopped me and my siblings from attending online classes. So, I took action and that was that.

Like I said, fun times.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

I have messages blocked on killer account but I probably pissed some people off real bad. And I rarely get messaged as surv.

They were never been able to reach me in any way but I wouldn't be scared of dbd players irl. Not saying there aren't any bad apples out there, it's just I'm not worried.

• pseudechis
    Options

You played DBD and that's fun.

Isn't that enough?

If its not... then as I said, maybe its time for a break.

• Pulsar
    edited September 2022
    Options

DBD is only fun when everyone in the match cares about it being fun.

Nothing occupies me like DBD does. I haven't ever been so invested in a community nor have I found a game that I was actually good at before. You get angry at CoD? Play Battlefield. Fortnite's not fun? Play Apex. DBD's lost it's charm? Play....DBD?

It's why I've given up on quitting, there's just not any alternatives.

• pseudechis
    Options

Maybe.

I'm not telling what you should have done because frankly I wasn't there.

I'm just thinking what I probably would have tried in that scenario and its outcome could have been exactly the same. I don't pretend to know any better than you did in the moment.

• pseudechis
    Options

Yeah I get that I'm in the same boat when I get tired of DBD, there's not much else like it that's any good. Predator hunting grounds ain't bad but its a lil too easy to evade and kill the pred for my liking.

But lets focus less on what we can earn from the game, BP' MMR, shards, ranks and focus more on just playing the game.

Works for me every time.

A lot of DBD is gonna be out of your control, especially as survivor, but that's one of the cooler aspects of it.

You don't endlessly respawn, minor failure can be instantly devastating on your game, there aren't many games like that and its why DBD shines. It can be as visceral, of a gaming experience, as the horror movies it emulates and that's great.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

A 30 second chase with is generally not good enough against most killers. Especially when Pulsar's teammates clearly suck.

• pseudechis
    Options

It wasn't a terrible chase. Bubba just played well, the hits were fair.

What about that scenario tells you that the team mates suck?

Killer only had 1 hook at 4 gen lefts, 1 popped during the chase and one survivor was unhooking and healing the other.

Given the the complete lack of all but very surface information about what's happening elsewhere in game, how do you adequately conclude that his team mates sucked?

That was still anyone's game.

• bjorksnas
    edited September 2022
    Options

"Even if its a not a 4 man perfect sweat squad the killer doesn't know that"

The killer doesn't know and gets no indication of if its a team or not so they can play in whatever way and respond to the state of the match any way they want, there is no need to hold back because they should have known what they can't know, from a killers perspective until this point in a match, they have 2 hooks, they lost 2 gens against survivors who brought map offerings so it could be a swf and they are playing how they deem fit to respond to the situation

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2022
    Options

Seems like you don't understand the whole main thing of playing like this bubba. Allow me to fill you with some knowledge.=)

So matches like this:

1. First and foremost - it's not fun expirience for hooked person in any way. You got only 1 chase and the rest of your match you're just looking at the killer. Thats it.
    2. I can't find how it's fun for a killer either. For me it's the most boring thing you can do as a killer. I mean, the whole concept of this game is forbidden at this point. No chases, just stand and watch at the hooked guy. I mean... -_-? (don't get me wrong, camping when all gens done, is ok, nothing wrong with that, coz it's a perfect time if you want kills)
    3. Matches when the first person gets facecamped by Bubba are poor with bloodpoints and pips. By the end of the match, no one will get more than 13-15k of bp. At this point, even if you escaped as a survivor, you're not getting much, coz you didn't even been chased or unhooked, or healed, etc.

(Personally) I think matches like this, is a complete waste of time for a killer, and 4 fellas who's playing in 1 lobby.

It is, an unhealthy way of playing this beautiful game.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,365
    Options

I mean BT and OTR isn't some invincibility shield, it should always be an option to just go through it.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,365
    Options

I mean they do already make tunnelling more annoying, I'm saying that they don't make tunnelling impossible.

DS does need to go back to 5 seconds.

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417
    Options
  • LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 230
    Options

While I sympathise with you and agree that killers like this can be a massive killjoy, there isn't really anything the devs can do to discourage it. If a player wants to be toxic they will be, and it turns out that killer is by far a better role for ruining your opponent's experience. Case in point, this Bubba. These players don't do it for points or pips, they do it to piss the other side off because either they themselves are pissed off or they're sad enough to want to ruin someone else's fun just for the sake of it and to get potential salt (posts like this for example - not that I don't agree with what you're saying).

So if the toxic player isn't being toxic for the sake of points/pips what can the devs do to discourage it? This Bubba clearly didn't care that he could potentially throw the game by camping and solely focusing you. To him the victory was in making sure you didn't get to do anything fun. You could throw in some sort of gameplay measure to prevent hard camping eg: Bubba's saw overheats close to the hook but these measures go into murky waters and could stand to be abused by competent survivors ie: the PTB version of Reassurance. I myself don't see a solution. BHVR can't police their playerbase beyond obvious game rule violations such as hacking. And as it does technically get punished (while you are being tunnelled everyone else is free to do gens) I can't see them taking any steps to discourage toxic behaviour.

But still, it sucks. Only yesterday did I witness a game against a Nurse where my friend and his team were slugged and left to bleed out on the floor for no reason. Games like that can absolutely kill any incentive to play. I wish you better luck with future games because when you get a non-toxic fun match for both sides that is where the game shines.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

The hitting on hook was not very cash-money of him.

AFKing/DCing/suiciding is not comparable, because those are literally actively deciding to quit playing. That said, I agree the game should mechanically reward playing in "fun" ways more. Also that complaints about survivors doing gens optimally are just as stupid as complaints about tunneling/camping/etc.

• BreadSilence
    BreadSilence Member Posts: 77
    Options

I have noticed that Steves have a tendency to get tunneled a lot. Especially if they happen to be wearing Scoops Ahoy gear. Something about it just really pisses them off for some reason lmao (either that or the killers are just trying to ask if they can get free ice cream idk)

• Pulsar
    Options

Who knows.

I didn't escape at all tonight, only got BM'd on hook once though.

I'm starting up a stats sheet again, if anyone's interested. Not tracking totems this time, I'm afraid.

• bjorksnas
    Options

not everyone can have a good attitude if they did there wouldn't be good attitudes there would just be attitude

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,124
    Options

"While I sympathise with you and agree that killers like this can be a massive killjoy, there isn't really anything the devs can do to discourage it."

They can. In fact, they did, and then killers whinged about it and it was nerfed specifically in its ability to discourage camping.

It's not that the devs can't do anything about it, it's that the devs can't do anything about it without the forums flooding with a mixture of "I suck too much to get kills any other way" and "Muh valid tactic".

• LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 230
    Options

Put PTB Reassurance aside, what can the devs do to stop the killer from hitting you on hook, facecamping you and tunnelling you out of the game if they feel like it? One perk shouldn't be the solution to the whole camping debacle, and even if it punishes camping as I've said these killers don't care if they're punished for it. Even if that survivor never hits struggle they are still on the hook, bored out of their mind and almost guaranteed to die. And that's these killers want, for you to have a bad experience and get frustrated.

BT, OtR, DS etc. are disincentives to tunnel because they guarantee you'll have a harder time catching that unhooked survivor. But if the killer doesn't care that the other people are doing gens in the meantime and that they could throw the game, what's stopping them from continuing to play the way they are? It is out of the developers' hands nigh making unhooked survivors invincible which could easily be abused in standard games. There just isn't a solution. It's down to the players individually to decide whether or not they want to be dicks.

If the killer does want to win then there are measures of discouragement such as the perks I've listed above. And yet this behaviour continues to happen. And that's because these killers don't care about winning.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2022
    Options

Played against enough bubba's to know that you just die if you go down against them. If you can throw a pallet then you do so. Greeding anything will earn you a swift exit.

Would I rather play a bubba instead of a nurse, spirit, pyramid head, nemesis? Yes all day everyday because I can throw pallets and jump windows and play the game albeit for whatever little time there is to do so before bloodlust outgamers me.

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198
    edited September 2022
    Options

So annoyed that there are people that try to say "toxicity doesn't exist in DbD, they're just playing a way you don't like!" it genuinely is so annoying to hear to me. Feels so smug and just flat out false.

Reminds me of a certain hockey incident.