Why is Tombstone Piece still in game

Options
2»

Comments

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2022
    Options

I love the “it doesn’t belong in 2022 dbd” like it’s some completely different game in 2022.

What does that even mean really. It’s BS.

As for tombstone piece in general it is strong but if you die to it to first time you see Myers that’s on your team for feeding him stalk.

It’s also costly to Myers to kill a player who still has full stalk left.

Evade him and jump in a locker, force the grab and hook over the mori. It’s not like he can pick you up off the ground and mori you.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Myers was released when survivors were insanely stronger. Despite survivors being nerfed over and over until they can barely run, killers like Myers have remained the same. His addon used to be difficult to pull off because survivors actually had plenty of pallets, darker maps, actually working perks that helped with survival.

Myer's addon that allows ability to kill is equivalent to the then-released brand new part where you could finish a complete gen is one tap. Myers needs to be nerfed. An insta-down killer along with ability to bypass 2 full hook phases is the best example of P2W I have ever seen.

If a survivor had something this strong it would have already been dealt with.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

1. Yes, 2022 DBD is an entirely different game. Medium vaults exist, windows get blocked, insta BNPs aren't a thing and most important for my narative, first down moris aren't a thing. Which is what exactly t. piece is.

2. "That's on your team for feeding him stack" - that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

a. In solo Q, I'm not responsable of my team's doings.

b. Does this also mean that Myers should never T3? What's next, a gen getting PGTW is our fault for getting downed, like it isn't a natural part of the game?

3. No, it's not costly. Get a survivor out at 4 gens, the team is pretty screwed. By that point, if you quickly down someone, at least 2 people will be busy, leaving one person to do 4 gens.

It's not costly for any killer to get someone out in the first few minutes, regardless of how it affects their power.

4. "Evade and jump into a locker" - May you please explain how the first person getting mori can know he has t. piece? There are very few people who know about his open hand, but the fact that no one in my team knows that affects me very much. I still lose one teammate early game.

Also, have you considered the situation where, as I said, he stalks you out of the TR (it's literally 16m), with stalk speed addons, and then he jumps with T3 on you? I played on Dead Dawg, and I was doing a gen on the cactus side of the map. How could I have done anything by the point he T3d and jumped on me from nowhere?

• pseudechis
    Options
    1. It really isnt your over thinking it.
    2. Yes if your team feed him stalk and get away then there is a chance you could be the target of the tier 3 attack. Try to evade Myers when in T3, bold players get killed yet people still play bold and complain they get killed.
    3. This is true, eliminating a player early is a major boost to killer outcome and probably the only valid point about tombstone piece. It’s why you try not to feed Myers stalk in the early game.
    4. If it’s Myers you gotta assume he may have the piece then you gamble on that it’s part of the game. Same as a killer may have noed, survivors may have DS, UB etc etc. Don’t expect the game to spoon feed you every piece of information about your opponent sometimes you’ll have to use your head and think/plan/predict you will get it wrong sometimes and that ok.

So you weren’t paying attention to your surroundings when he stalked you and then didn’t get away when you heard the terror radius? How dare that Myers not let you play obliviously!

• Pukenplag
    Options

1. No, "my" not overthinking too much. The game was entirely different, with different strategies, different perks, addons etc.

I paid attention to my surroundings. He simply hid very well, stalking behind a gap.

But please tell me which other killer insta kills you without a warning, TR, etc.

• pseudechis
    Options

The game changing over time doesn't immediately invalidate some mechanics. 2019 or 2022 is kinda irrelevant.

Then I guess he played well and earned a kill on you better luck next time.

you miss the point, there are all kinds of mechanics you need to account for on both sides.

Yes tombstone piece is probably a lil OP given how much of a snowball effect killing a survivor early can have, but the goal is not to feed him stalk. Accounting for opponent powers and altering play based on what killer you are facing is part of the game.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 334
    Options

IMO, Tombstone Piece should only allow you to mori someone who has been stalked to the red while he is Tier 3. Maybe add in an effect like, once the mori is used you can no longer get to tier 3 that game. Or possibly make it an obsession based perk and only the obsession can be mori'd.

I dunno. The mori aspect of it is fine...it just needs a good negative effect and/or limitation to using it considering how strong it can be.

• Pukenplag
    edited September 2022
    Options

It just needs to not exist. We already have J. Tombstone which is perfectly balanced. There's no need for 2 mori addons.

The game changing over time doesn't immediately invalidate some mechanics. 2019 or 2022 is kinda irrelevant.

That is simply not true.

I'm not sure when you started playing, but as a 2016 player who saw the release of Myers, I'll explain.

Back in 2016, the game was balanced around extremes: both sides had extremely stupidly OP abilites. Survivors could instantly repair 4 gens (like INSTANTLY), they could jump the same window with only fast vaults infinitly, there were pallets everywhere, DS worked on first down, but MOST importantly, moris worked on first down.

Since you don't seem to get it, I'll explain it like to a baby: back when Myers was released, it wasn't unusual for a side to be able to instantly finish the objective, be it insta gens or first down moris. Considering the latter was still a thing back then, tombstones weren't something unusual.

But now, the current day dbd is balanced around neither sides having uncounterable strategies or being able to quickly end the game; it's exactly the opposite. Current day dbd is centered around everyone being able to last as long as possible in a game.

Tombstones are just a remnant of old dbd. They have no place in the current balance take.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,216
    Options

Because it's fun to get that surprise.

It's almost as if it was an horror game.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,083
    Options

I wouldn't call Judith's balanced tbh.

I think both tomestone addons suffer from the same problem of being rather uninteractive addons that can remove a healthy survivor from the game. Things like Pig RBT and Sadako Condemn offer a way to kill a survivor outright in a trial, but at least require a level of interactivity from the survivor to prevent that.

Just because Judith's is not as strong as piece and require more set up (gen stall, play with your food, and tuft of fur) doesn't mean it's a healthy perk to keep the way it is.

The addons just need to be changed fundamentally. Conceptually they are fine to still be Mori addons, but there just needs to be some other factor besides hitting T3 to determine when a survivor can be mori'd.

• Pukenplag
    Options

It isn't a horror game. It's futile for it to try to be. It evolved to be something different.

But still, people just entirely ignore (even after I put a huge disclaimer on the post) my point with only tombstone PIECE being strong. J. Tombstone is extremely fun to face. Not the piece. That is simply stupidly OP

• Pukenplag
    edited September 2022
    Options

Judith tomsbtone at least isn't extremely unfun to face or op. It's rather fun in the sense of shifting the feeling of the game. I'd like for it to stay.

T.P., on the other hand, just provides with an easy kill (considering it's easily stackable with stalk speed addons) which provides in turn a deadly snowball.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,083
    Options

I really wouldn't playing against Judith Myers fun. It may be more ideal than Piece, but the gameplay is still avoid myers and hope your teammates don't feed him, because Judith + Tuft only requires fully stalking 3 survivors.

Judith games are also binary in outcome. Either the Myers fails to hit T3 and all 4 survivors escape because the build on it's own has 0 pressure on survivors or Myers does hit T3 and survivors play locker games to avoid being Mori as the killer drops survivors hoping they get picked up because they insist on getting the mori kills.

Both addons need an overhaul, because fundamentally being able to Mori from healthy state without any other condition is the problem.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I’d be fine with nerfing TP but Myers tombstone add ons are the only thing good about him. He’s gonna need a buff or a rework.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,216
    Options

The only need to fix the horror factor of other killers.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options
  • Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Myers has kind of just been forgotten about, so that's probably why none of his tombstone addons got changed. He needs buffs desperately, though.

• Pukenplag
    Options

They don't. That would fundamentally change the game.

Truth is, DBD became one of the biggest names on the market, and not because of it being scary.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,620
    Options

It is a very different game from how it was several years ago.

Remember original moris, original syringes, instant gen BNPs, literal infinites with no entity blocker, etc? Original, permanent sabotage and Self-Care at 80% healing speed?

Basically all of these things have been removed, and rightly so because they were completely broken and unbalanced. TP is hardly any different from some of these, maybe slightly less egregious but not by much.

The cost of killing a player who still has a bunch of stalk left is not really that relevant as long as it happens quickly enough to the point where Myers can easily clean up a 3v1 at 3-4 gens, which is often the case with the green memorial addon that basically everyone runs with TP because it's by far the best option to pair with it.

I'm all for improving Myers' kit, but this addon needs to go.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Huh, then is tier 2 16? I swear I saw he had a 16 TR somewhere

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,620
    Options

Tier 1 is undetectable, tier 2 is 16m, tier 3 is 32m.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,529
    Options

honestly Myers should be reworked completely... obsolete killer

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    Options

To have a proper Slasher experience in the game.

Yeah they so much forgot about it that they buffed Judith Tombstone one year ago.

• Pukenplag
    Options

This game isn't about being horror/creepy. It's competitive

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    edited September 2022
    Options

Yeah, Tombstone Piece is stupid OP against most survivors. I just tried it for the first time a few minutes ago with J. Myers Memorial, and it was not at all difficult to 99% Tier III, then pop it and insta-mori someone. Obviously, some strong survivors will make it much harder for you, but against most of the playerbase this is insta-win OP.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,786
    edited September 2022
    Options

He's really not. He's got one of the better pick rates in the game. He doesn't need a complete rework either. Just some quality of life changes to his base kit.

• pseudechis
    Options

mechanically its changed a lot yes but just because they removed a lot of OP game ending items doesn't really change up the game other than its harder to zap some out in less than 2 mins.

Players are now just tryin to eliminate others quickly via other means, tunneling out a survivor early, camping till second stage to mori etc because they lost the tools that used to let them do that.

Players haven't changed, the premise of the game hasn't changed.

So there is still a quick kill item in the game but it requires some charge up and for survivors to play poorly to get it to pay off.

Is it still a bit OP sure and probably needs a review but its just as relevant to the game now as it was years ago.

Just because they build in changes to make it harder to eliminate someone early doesn't mean that eliminating someone early is some archaic mechanic that no longer belongs in the game.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,529
    Options

i never said that he wasn't picked up much... i stated that he has outdated mechanics (he isn't the only one tho) and that he should be reworked completely (obviously you can't gave him powers that aren't lore related, so he should stuck with stealth powers, but his whole power is too much time wasting generally speaking)

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

In BHVR's oppinion Myers is completely fine. That's why he doesn't get any buffs or nerfs and his addons are not even looked at. They probably already forgot that Tombstone Piece is actually a thing.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 564
    Options

Yes very fun to get out of the match in the first 2 minutes because my soloq teammates fed him. No one who has played this game more than 20 hours thinks it’s a horror game anymore

• Pukenplag
    Options