Otz taking a break

Config
Config Member Posts: 306
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

He told on his live that he will be taking a break from playing the game, it's something about maps, cheaters + itens, he was taking something about losing matches that didn't seems fair. The void was called "first time since 2017 not having fun in dbd". I guess he deleted the void.

Additional data: he stoped trying to winstreak with Wesker after being sent to Eyre of crow, with a team that had 3 commodious toolboxes with 3 bnps and a purple medikit. After this match he closed the stream in the next day he opened the live telling that he didn't fell good playing the game anymore since there was tons of snipers+ cheaters.

He also told that he fells frustrated by seeing the game going in a direction and not being able to do anything for it.

Post edited by Config on

Comments

• Config

Maybe, I just hope that he can enjoy streaming something asides from dbd, it doesn't seems very healthy for him. also he closed his Wesker winstrak when he was sent to Eyre of crow with a team that had 3 BNP + a purple medikit.

• Config

Yeah, it's just kind disheartening to see that he's not having fun with the game anymore, I also fell kind unsure how this is going to affect the community in general, since he was the most important figure that we had by far, providing data and trying to alert the devs about the game health

• Config

Well the reason why people mention others is because they familiarize with them. U will often see even outside of dbd people mentioning each other when discussing, because they agree with that X streamer, influencer, politic. Otz was one of the fell streamers that didn't have a "side" and provided data on both sides.

• Config

U got it wrong, I think the game is in the healthiest state its have ever being, and I play it since piramid head release. I'm just warning the situation since no one is talking about this.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

While one streamer taking a break is not that serious (no0b3 for example quitted like 1 or 2 years ago and nothing happened) if you pair it with plenty "I dont have as much fun as I did" threads and the fact nobody can exactly pinpoint whats wrong with the game paints a big problem because it looks like there are a lot of small/medium problems piling up instead of a huge one like a gamebreaking bug or perk like first iteration MoM/Undying (which could be solved with a massive nerf or killswitch, unlike a pile of small stuff which is much much harder to identify and fix).

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2022

Cooking, reading and listening to music.

My brother still plays chess almost every day and has been doing it for like 35 years, Im sure he has more than 8000 hours in chess.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

That is in fact the exact opinion I have of the game right now.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

I have seen this before

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Ooooh no who's gonna praise the devs for their "pretty good job so far" ideas?

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I dont follow streamers, but isnt otz experiencing and feeling the as true did?

Not that I care but I find it odd if otz gets sniped, sees cheaters and finds things imbalanced and wants a break is okay but if tru3 gets sniped, sees cheaters and speaks about imbalances everyone hates him...

Either way the game isnt balanced, especially when you consider items, maps etc. And it's no surprise people get burned out or annoyed... but it's not like we haven't been saying for years we need better balance in maps or even a better SBMM and anticheat in the first place

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,599

Well good for him. The man deserves a break.

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329

hahaha tell me you've never played any other multiplayer game or very little without telling me you never have do it xD

as example Play League or CSGO for one year and then come back lul, this talk always "dbd is the most toxic game ever" babble ! not more not less...

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

some dude doing a 300+ nurse streak shouldn't be possible, but it's happened

same thing with those ppl who do swf surv streaks.

• EternalSinOfCain
    EternalSinOfCain Member Posts: 132

Final Fantasy 11. My first ever MMO, it just celebrated it's 20th anniversary. I have 28,000+ hours of play time over the course of 20 years playing. Still enjoy it.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Can't blame him.

Worst thing is that the game already has mechanics to counter all that stuff. There's perks, challenges and all that show that the game has the information to prevent toxicity outright.

It would need a lot of finetuning, sure, but it's doable.

Would it lose the game all the 'players' that only play to feel good about themselves by being complete buttweasels? yeah, maybe, but it would be for the better.

• EntitySpawn

I cant really say, I get true is more serious but you cant discredit what he says because of it. Hes just blunt and dont care while otz is more cautious of what he says and how he comes across. For example otz will call someone chill or casual, true would just call them bad...

I was just highlighting the fact both long time streamers are having the same opinion, ones been mega open for years and otz it's now starting to have enough.

I dont play either, if been with the game since they have, verse them often too but I couldn't play this game daily forever. I always need a break from the BS lol

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,661

Do you have clip for this? Last time i was watching him he said that he wouldn't be taking a break because he feels like that would be letting the cheaters/snipers win.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Playing guitar, playing tabletops (for over 30 years now) and playing M:TG (for over 25 years).

• EternalSinOfCain
    EternalSinOfCain Member Posts: 132

You must have missed this video. Snipers and cheaters are half the problem, but the fact he gave up the Wesker win streak is because of the balance. It's also why he wants to take a break. It's just not fun trying to play Killer and getting massively Gen Rushed so the match is over in three - four minutes tops.

Survivors just have WAY too much going on for them when it comes to "Speed Up". Speeding up Heals and Gens with perks and item stacking, coupled with large maps (Ormond, Erie Of Crows, Mother's Dwelling). That or coupled with maps that are INSANE God Pallet heavens (The Game mostly).

It doesn't matter how much slow down you bring as a Killer, it won't work.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t watch games on Twitch typically, I like the game but I don’t like it enough to watch someone sit and play it four five hours at a stretch. I do watch games on YouTube though since those are edited down to just a couple of matches, and on YouTube I used to watch Tru3 a long time ago but got sick of him complaining all the time about everything under the sun. Sometimes the complaints were valid, sometimes they weren’t, but it was constant. Just irritating to watch after a while.

Otz is generally a more positive personality. And he has videos where he talks at length about in depth strategy and things which, while they’re too long for my tastes sometimes, usually are indexed so if you want to see if he says something interesting about a character or perk or whatever you can just look it up. He’s basically a more entertaining creator than Tru3 in my opinion.

As far as the video this thread is about, it looks like its still up on demand, I’m not sure why the original poster said it was down. I didn’t watch much of it and I have no idea when he actually said he wants to take a break but the title of the video is something like “For the first time Since 2017 I’m not having fun in DbD”. I scanned to the middle where he played through a very close match where they got a four person escape against a really good Nurse and he seemed to be having fun, then he switched over to play Hades, and I didn’t hear him say anything off hand about quitting one way or another so he must have talked about it elsewhere in the video. 🤷‍♂️

Really the only unusual thing about Otz saying he wants to take a break is that he’s extremely prolific with DbD content. He literally just cohosted the Into the Fog stream last week and is in the Hardcore Survivor Youtube series that Dowsey and he and a couple other streamers put out which seems to be a full blown production. So if he’s burned out and wants to switch gears he’s probably looking to do it now that some major projects are done.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

It's not really about him being more serious, it's how he goes about it. He's said some things I agree with and some things I highly disagree with (Stuff like ruin being basekit, old Spirit being balanced and such)

Like I'm not trying to criticise the guy, but saying stuff like "they only face bad players and i don't because i'm amazing at the game" as a way of discounting people's opinions isn't the best way to put your ideas forward as correct.

DBD has made their careers, for the most part. I don't blame them for being upset that the game's lost its charm for them right now

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I know and I play Rainbow Six Siege. Siege feels more laid back and easy going than DbD does, I mean I get the occasional little kid that thinks he is the best player in the world and calls everyone trash or scrubs when they begin to lose

• EntitySpawn

Well true is a competitive player, if I'm not mistaken he came from fighting games? I cant stand them personally but it's a very highly competitive game especially when taken to tournaments etc.

So true is wanting balance for him and top at the highest lvl I never heard him say ruin base or hes amazing though. (I personally hate spirit changes, all I see is the same 2 high rarity addons, even versing true with them and it sucks) but they play at separate times so it wouldn't be a surprise if its different difficulties, plus they have different mindsets.

But I will admit otz is easier to get into and the information he gives on youtube is insane so lots of casuals will love that, true is just games from twitch put on youtube so honestly not that great. Both are okay people and both are experiencing similar issues which highlight issues the community has listed so many times

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Yeah, I feel bad for people being targeted by cheaters and stream snipers, that honestly sounds like the biggest issue for Otz right now. It’s got to suck just trying to play the game for your job and a-holes are going out of their way to ruin it for you.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I hope that contributes to making BHVR realize they should maybe update their anticheat.

• EntitySpawn

Yeah I can only imagine, I get alot of cheaters and some days iv even had multiple cheaters for a week straight and I was getting annoyed (this was rare) so I can only imagine what's it's like to be targeted constantly.

I wish there was a better anticheat in the game, definitely needed as DBD has the reputation for cheaters being common which is just bad business

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Yeah I'd take a break eventually if I constantly streamed this game for 8+ hours.

• woodenEnthusiasm
    woodenEnthusiasm Member Posts: 160

Something I haven't seen people mention much is how telling this is for the state of the game. This isn't just a fun decision for a streamer.

Quitting your main game has massive impacts on your viewership and your income. Add to it that Otz is arguably one of the most devoted players to DBD with the kinds of videos he's put out and it really tells you where the game is at in its life cycle.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,661

Very well written comment but unfortunately i think this will be an unpopular opinion.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

well otz is a likeable person so that probably factors into it

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Nah

I've played League, DbD is by far still the worst community

Other games might have more extreme cases of it but there is no other game where the community is so generally negative then DbD's

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,474

I've popped into JRMs stream twice tonight and both times he was dealing with hackers. The sad thing is, people are blaming the content creators like they should be doing something about it when they literally can't. I can understand why Otz would be over it.

I get that BHVR have their reporting process and it works for them, but it's a very tedious process for alot of people. And when they report and then load into their next game and see more hackers, eventually they'll just give up and feel like there's no point in reporting.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Honestly dont know why he didnt sooner. Different stroke for different folks i guess. Inevitably we all need a change of scenary. Farmet john did the same and he was much better for it.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,474

I don't think all that many people hate Tru3 at all. I actually feel sorry for him. I'm a former subscriber and I've said a couple times on this forum that he was dealing with this stuff last year and I didn't see a single one of his fellow content creators speak up. It was really only a matter of time before they got bored of Tru3 and moved on to others. He is clearly over the game at this point though and honestly should take an extended break too. But it's how he makes his living so I can't see him doing that.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

When Elden Ring came out I thought he would take a long break from DBD, but even during his first playthrough he was doing streams in between. I know most of his income comes from this game but damn dude.