how does the trickster laceration decay work

So I am confused because I thought as long as I hit 1 before it started decaying it wouldn't decay but this David I was against kept breaking line of sight around the Hospital long bed thing and I would hit him once every rotation but he would not take his injured state and this was after injuring him and putting 4 more after that into him before he got there. does each hit have it's own decay timer?

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

No, it’s a shared timer. I dont know with confidence the exact numbers but it is something like:

Laceration decay begins after a fifteen second delay after a knife hits. Then every three seconds after that initial fifteen seconds a knife is removed. It is conceivable that the David ran you for a long enough period to cause knives to decay.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,675
    edited September 2022

After you hit a blade on someone there’s a 15 second delay before laceration starts decaying. This resets as long as you continue landing blades.

After that, the decay rate is 0.3 per second while running, and 0.4 per second while not running.

Successful basic attack is instant -3.