Just rename the game to Dead By Camping, more fitting

The epidemic of pathetic campers is just getting worst. 6 matches today, only one didn't camp

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

You counting?

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 537

Why wouldn't I? , of I don't do that I wouldn't have a reference of how bad the situation is, so yes I counted, duh

• MomoOValley
    MomoOValley Member Posts: 33

yeah i hate it when the killer stays on the map after hooking me

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

What state of the game?

0 gens remaining?

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Camp by Daylight flows better.

• shiroo
    shiroo Member Posts: 178

You lost me at above and beyond in being nice.

Like if a killer cannot find any survivors anywhere other than around the hook then they should probably rethink their life choices.

On top of that...camping (aside from EGC) is nowhere near an efficient way of playing. Gens will pop if all you do is hover around the hook.

and if played properly, a camper shouldn't get away with more that 1k.

So to sum up, aside from EGC when a killer just wants to secure a kill,

camping hooks is nothing but being an a...s and ruining the game for one person for no reason whatsoever because by definition this strategy won't win you the game.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Tunneled by Camping would be more accurate.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

buy rebecca

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I knew ‘camping’ was too loose when I was chasing a survivor half the map away, they ran to the hook, got downed, and was labeled camper after the loss. But yeah, Dead by Camping.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Then you're not being rational or even attempting to consider anything outside your own enjoyment. If the Killer sees a survivor going for an unhook they have found a survivor. That's not camping. The Killer is forcing a hook trade. If the hooked survivor dies on hook that's the fault of the other survivor for either not being willing to hook trade, not leading the Killer away so a third survivor can unhook or not waiting for the Killer to leave before unhooking.

If the Killer doesn't see a survivor around but still hangs around the hook that is camping.

So, if the Killer sees someone going for a rescue and allows it thus giving the survivors time to reset and losing pressure how is that not being nice? The Killer is actively choosing to give the survivors more of a chance to escape. That sounds pretty nice to me.

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322

Meh, after killer buffs camping isnt that punishing anymore and most of the time leads to 2k's or more.

This argument may be valid against SWF's, which are less than 5% and are in high MMR, which are in the less % of the killer spectrum.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I'm solo and quite a few campers in my most recent games got away with 1K or less. I do want to see Reassurance buffed as I think camping hurts lower MMR a lot and is unhealthy for the game but, at least in mid MMR, camping can help but is not a guaranteed 2K.

• camping_site
    camping_site Member Posts: 136

Camping and tunneling is META. Easy as that.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    edited September 2022

It's funny how nobody trusts each other on this forum.

Maybe we could change the games title to 'Dead By Gaslighting'?

Ya know, because nobody can agree on what 'camping' actually is and these conversations turn into long winded debates over one specific word.

Furthermore, none of us are ever right about anything anyways and we deserve to be punished, right?

Oh yeah, that's not what I said.