Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

With ruin totally gutted, some killers have no good build options

prion11
prion11 Member Posts: 361
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

Killers who do not have the time or ability to kick gens often, but also don't make great use of hook based regression perks (pain resonance, gift of pain) have basically no good options for slowdown besides deadlock, which on its own is not really enough. Pentimento fits him well, but is not consistent enough on its own.

Ok, I'm really just talking about pyramid head. I mean he is the only killer who 1. has no mobility and 2. would rather not hook people all the time

It feels very clunky to use call of brine/eruption/overcharge on killers who can't quickly reach gens and set up eruption, such as wraith, onryo, wesker, dredge, nurse, blight, spirit... some of these are strong and some are weaker obviously. but they all are very quickly able to set up multiple eruptions due to high mobility.

Basically what I am saying is that with ruin in its current state, pyramid head players can't play efficiently without sacrificing almost all slowdown. Passive slowdown perks are no longer usable, or not consistent enough. Thanatophobia got nerfed to an unusable state, pentimento is not effective 100% of the time, deadlock is countered by good survivors splitting up. Does anyone actually like kicking gens...? I just want to be able to build regression without kicking gens and using pain res. I can't play my favorite killer efficiently, the way he is meant to be played right now.