If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Xbox series x loading issue

Options

I tried every other game and did troubleshooting and nothing is working. Ever since the latest xbox update it did something to dead by daylight. I've unstalled, reinstalled and its still happening, I've done other troubleshooting steps and it's still happening. Before the update took about 5 seconds to load into dead by daylight now ever since the latest xbox series x update dead by daylight takes about 40 seconds to load and in the survivor and killer menu to select the white spin wheel happens when you select for about 10 seconds before it loads in. It's never done this before this latest xbox update. Every other games work fine, I tested that to see if its happening on other games its not . Can someone help me? Is this a bug within dead by daylight that happened with the latest xbox update? Is this happening to anyone else? Steps to reproduce just load up dbd takes a while and it's on Xbox series x and s only I believe it's happening.

8 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289
    Options

This happens to me also cannot load int survivor hardly now. It has error constantly. Can’t creat party.

• SC077Y
    SC077Y Member Posts: 6
    Options

Same issue to me cleared the cache, reinstalled it just takes so long to synch everything and then get into a survivor page. This I also even worse when trying to join friends or me jointing them I can’t see them and they say I joined but left straight away. Only happened since last update!

making it unplayable

• crimsoncrisis
    crimsoncrisis Member, Dev Posts: 13
    Options

Is this related to an XBox firmware update or related to the patch?

• RisePastFear1990
    RisePastFear1990 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Happened with the last xbox update, for some odd reason something is not syncing correctly with dead by daylight, it takes alot longer to load into the game and selecting survivor or killer. After that it loads fine once it gets past those two things. Before the xbox update it was fine , after it's been doing that

• RisePastFear1990
    Options

Happened with the last xbox update, for some odd reason something is not syncing correctly with dead by daylight, it takes alot longer to load into the game and selecting survivor or killer. After that it loads fine once it gets past those two things. Before the xbox update it was fine , after it's been doing that. Because when 6.2.2 happened originally everything was fine and then once the xbox series x system update happened a week or two later that's when the issues with the loading into the main menu happened

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

I haven't have this problem. But after latest update game throws me out of matches sometimes. Seen this happening to others in matches as well. It shows that killer and I dc:t in endgame screen.

• Beandrielli
    Beandrielli Member Posts: 7
    Options

Having this problem as well. 5 minutes plus to enter survivor mode, always crashing when trying to join party.

• SC077Y
    SC077Y Member Posts: 6
    Options

It was working fine until the update occurred… works fine on my X, sons S & Series S but it falls down on the Series X

• GreyTiger10
    GreyTiger10 Member Posts: 10
    Options

My wife on her XBSS and myself using my XBSX are having similar issues still. Takes longer to load, long time to join a survivor or killer lobby and a long time to join friends. I find its actually quicker to join with our XBox friends list than in game if that helps.

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451
    edited March 2023
    Options

The loading times on Xbox Series X went up by 5x or more at some point and was never fixed.

Post edited by Fantasy on
  • madhousehusband
    madhousehusband Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm getting this issue aswell, takes so long to load into the game and then into survivor/killer. I've tried re-installing and every other suggestion nut nothing works.

Hoping bhvr will fix the issue soon!

• Zerotoxiks
    Zerotoxiks Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2022
    Options

I’m on Xbox Series X and although I’ve never had an issue of not getting loaded into the game or survivor/killer I have noticed the loading times are 10x what they were before.

• ADayko
    ADayko Member Posts: 8
    Options

Did this ever get a resolution or an answer? I’m so tired of it taking so long to load the game up/ change between killer and survivor.

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451
    edited March 2023
    Options

This started happening with a DBD patch, not an Xbox patch. The Wesker/RPD update IIRC.

• ADayko
    Options

Happened for me, this exact same time. My friend playing on her Series X does not have the same issue however. Does not seem to affect everyone.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,131
    edited March 2023
    Options

i have xsx. let me check.

while i do that make sure you're not leaving the game running in the background. Quick resume screws stuff up with most online based games.

edit

yeah. no issues. makes sure you go into your xsx guide - go to my games and apps- check quick resume and if dbd is there press the menu button - then go to remove from quick resume.

edit 2

i recommend removing all of the games in quick resume after you save your data. quick resume eats your RAM and will cause games to break when you try to login

• ADayko
    Options

Unfortunately this cannot work, the game is only on quick resume when I am playing the game and if I turn that off, the game closes down. Defeating the point. I’ve tried looking into turning quick resume off but this isn’t possible as XSX framework is built around having this in mind. The fix needs to come from DBD as the issue didn’t exist pre wesker.

• wydyadoit
    edited March 2023
    Options

🤦🏻‍♂️not what i meant. you have to close it down then reopen it. it's fine for it to be running in quick resume while you're playing it. you just can't come back to it after you've quit the game because there's an auto timeout system that kicks you back to the login screen. and the game can't comprehend how that happens.

so close all of the quick resumes including dbd then just have dbd running when you play it.

blood bowl 3, r6 siege, for honor, and several other games have this same issue.

and if that doesn't solve your issue then it's something else

• ADayko
    Options

Definitely something else. DBD was only the game ever in quick resume hence my “🤦🏻‍♂️” response. Hopefully the big update tomorrow resolves it.

• wydyadoit
    Options
  • kxntkiller
    kxntkiller Member Posts: 3
    Options

I’d like to throw my hat in the ring and say that mine is having these issues as well. Load time into the initial game is way too long now, going from survivor/killer to the lobby is insane and joining parties also like freezes up and takes a while. I sent my freaking xbsx to Microsoft on a repair order & it came back this morning exactly the same saying there was no issue. Idk which side is causing this to happen. All I know is I’m irritated enough to make this comment. My Xbox was gone for 2 weeks for no reason 😭

• ADayko
    Options

from what I’ve gathered, it came about around the time Wesker was released and it seems to affect some and not others. Maybe specific firmware version so the XSX ? Im just speculating. Big update today may resolve 🤞🏼

• RisePastFear1990
    Options

Almost 6 months later I posted this, this never got resolved . Ever since wesker it takes forever to load into the main menu and select survivor and killer . Can someone look into this please? Xbox series x issue I firmly believe

• ADayko
    Options

As per the above note stating that we should no longer be affected by this issue.

unfortunately this is incorrect. I have just tried this and the extremely long loading initialisation times are still there. Loading up survivor/killer or into a friends game still takes 20-30seconds before the game does anything. I am beginning to think that this will never be resolved.

• ADayko
    edited March 2023
    Options

I recorded my load up time from pressing A. 1min 56 to get to the menu… this is on a Xbox series X with 150+mb download speed. This is after the fix stated above.

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/J7K2C9B8CR

• LexxiDarkholme
    LexxiDarkholme Member Posts: 2
    Options

For all of you : Uninstall your DLCs and try 😉

• kxntkiller
    Options

Almost 10 months later and this is STILL happening. They BROKE our Xbox’s & won’t even acknowledge it. Ever since it started my Xbox has been wacky. I’m already not thrilled with this game to begin with, but now I downright hate it for what it’s done to our systems.

• kxntkiller
    Options

It will never be fixed. I guarantee they don’t even know what to do & are just going to stay silent & pretend it didn’t happen

• CrazyFred_
    CrazyFred_ Member Posts: 23
    Options

OMG, can't believe it worked for me!! 😲

I have uninstalled all the dlcs (31 in my case), started up the game and the loading times are now like almost as fast as before!

And all my characters are playable, even without the dlcs reinstalled, why?

I know dlcs are just drm, is it just a one-time activation or something else?

THANK YOU SO MUCH 😍, was several month with this issue that i nearby stop playing this game.

And i have tested to reinstall all dlcs = issue came back, loading times are atrocious. So i'll stay with all dlcs uninstalled. The game run perfectly without, i don't understand why ... 🤔