finishing mori changes & bleedout timer

deckyr
deckyr Member Posts: 795
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

if survivors can pick themselves up after 45 - 15 seconds (based on perks) then i feel the bleedout timer no longer has any reason to be 4 minutes long.

survivors already have so many ways to say "you can't pick me up". sabotaged hooks, decisive strike and flashlights can do a lot to prevent a killer from picking up. if, now, survivors can only lose 45 seconds of bleedout at a time, then i'd suggest accelerating the speed at which they bleed out.

as an aside: one of the more frustrating elements of dead by daylight is the fact that something is stated to take X seconds long, but can be changed so dramatically through the use of perks that it can be done shockingly fast. the element of randomness this creates can be very frustrating for the killer, because killers aren't capable of doing the same. they can't stack sacrifice speed perks, there's only one, and it's also kind of bad. whereas survivor acceleration can come from items, and also stacks with the multitude of perks that survivors have for almost everything they can do.

therefore, overall, and for the health of the game, i would suggest looking at exactly how much time is being shaved off of things at their fastest, and decreasing the maximum possible speed for certain actions, such as healing, recovering from the dying state, and repairing generators.

deep wound is a good mechanic because there's no way to speed up the mend. you know exactly how much time you're buying every time you give a survivor a deep wound. this change to slugging is one less thing the killer is able to count on.

Comments