Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Self pickup massively buffs SWFs, bully squads. Don't do this.

MizukiAyu
MizukiAyu Member Posts: 32
edited September 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I am a killer main and I understand these changes come from BMing, awful people who rob players of their time by slugging for long periods of time. Long term slugging is 100% an issue that needs to be addressed, I agree, but I don't think this is an answer.

Currently, my favorite item to see in a lobby is a flashlight, because I know that this person will risk life and limb to get a save and I can 2 for 1 out of it if I can outplay them. After this update, flashlights (and pallet saves) will be buffed massively, encouraging more SWFs on comms with bully squad builds. You will down someone, they will crawl to a pallet and even if you find their friend, if you can't down them in 45s, you've now lost your kill. And you know it won't be 45s, it'll be 22 with Unbreakable because these people will never not bring it. I don't even want to know how fast UB + Boon: Exponential is.

I think a better option than 'pick yourself up' would be after 2 min of bleeding out has passed, the survivor gets a Bleed Out button and it denies the points to killer. There are very rare times when someone is down that long cumulatively legitimately. This de-incentivizes bleed outs and gives survivors a free out without hurting legitimate reasons to slug. This also doesn't punish the victims of being slugged by costing them points or getting a penalty when the killer is being a jerk. Have the system tally the killer's points per player and just subtract those points if the survivor is ever allowed to bail from a match like this. Or if the system can't track per player, just nuke 25% of the killer's points. Seriously, punish the people doing this, not the rest of us.

Post edited by MizukiAyu on