Forced Penance is underrated

Man this perk is so powerful against good survivors, while yes you are not gonna get many protection hits from bad teams you are gonna roll them anyways (unless they got the Hyperfocus build...). Also on trapper it is extra good because survivors rescuing others from traps will get inflicted with the broken status.

Try it out for a couple matches on weak M1 killers

Comments

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Forced peni- penance is just such a random perk. Have you every seen a perk build with forced penance in it? If so lmk

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 951

I run it sometimes, it's an odd perk but it gets the job done when dealing with body blockers.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

It really isn’t, at all. 🤣

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

I've always been an advocate for FP. Pair it with STBFL, Hysteria, maybe Sloppy or maybe even Blood Echo? Make the injuries MEAN SOMETHING. Make them a THREAT.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It works great with a backpack build (e.g. Agitation, Mad Grit, Forced Penance, Awakened Awareness) because hits you make while carrying someone trigger it. 🙂

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

It's situational and situational perks are usually not popular nor meta.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 423

I really enjoy using it on Trickster whenever I play him, people like to crowd around and take knives for their mates so that's when you go apeshit on everyone really punish them for taking protection hits.

• K139K05
    K139K05 Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2022

This perk is like you said very good (in some situations), but unfortunately you can no longer pair it with Thanatophobia. It's actually quite good on Deathslinger since shooting a Survivor with the Reedemer also counts as a protection hit (and will trigger Forced Penance, even on healthy Survivors). And because Deathslinger can garantuee a hit to some degree, it's actually quite scary (and also works well against hyper-alrustic SwF, especially on the new PTB).

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

It's a lose-lose, not using Forced Penance vs using it. You use it, you get 1 or 2 broken and that's it, no more body blocks, and those people stick to gens instead. You don't use it, free body blocks for everyone. Either way, the survivors waste too much time or are too efficient anyway.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

It's a tunneling/camping perk, I use it often to injure the unhooker and tunnel the hooked survivor, its good for when you want to really make survivors hurt.

-Hag main

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Not a bad perk but Starstruck outperforms it in every single posible way except on hits after unhooks which isnt very useful either, if you go for the unhooker he isnt going to heal anyway so broken doesnt give you any advantage.

• It is extremely good on twins since victor can apply the broken from forced and staying injured against twins is a death sentence.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

I enjoy using it in this medkit meta

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

It's not though.

First, it's hard to activate yourself, pretty much in the survivors control.

Secondly, what does it actually do? It prevents someone from healing for 80 seconds. What are your options here:

• You keep chasing that survivor. They wouldn't be able to heal anyway, so it gives 0 value.
    • You stop chasing that survivor and go after a different one. That survivor can no longer heal, and then just goes and does a gen instead.

The point of injuring another survivor you aren't chasing, is to discourage them from doing a gen and make them go heal. All this does is give them no choice, so they just work a gen.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

I like Forced Penance too. When my random build brings it up, there have been dozens of times since it came out where it has made an impact. Granted, to compare it with perks like Pain Resonance, Devour Hope and BBQ, and it isn't anywhere on that par. But it's underrated, absolutely.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

It's a pretty brutal perk. Sets up snowball scenarios like very few other perks can.

I enjoy running it on many killers.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I've seen it regarded as a good choice for Twins builds since Victor can proc it.