If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Capter [***]: Plans for Heaven (A JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 Phantom Blood Chapter Concept)

Options
pimin
pimin Member Posts: 51

Sadly, to anyone looking here to see how I incorporated Stands into this, this concept purely takes from Part One Phantom Blood. Regardless this concept should come to meet expectations that should be expected for something as in-depth and experimental as JBA.

Killer: The Ascended, Dio Brando

Appearance:

Taking on his look from Phantom Blood (see picture), Dio stands Tall and walks with a level of swagger matched only by the The Trickster. (use pictures below to get a clearer view his actual appearance)

Unknown at this time what weapon he'd use in particular but I can see him using the knife he uses to attempt to cut Johnathan. I can also see him just using his claws.

MorI:

Normal Mori: (Other Survivors)

The Ascended picks up the survivor by the head and prepares his claws stabbing them into the Survivor's Neck. The Ascended is seen laughing manically as the Survivor struggles and eventually stills. The Ascended then says "The sun has set... It's time for your lives to sink as well!" before he drops the Survivor to the ground, turns around and walks away.

NORMAL MORI: (Johnathan)

The Ascended picks up the survivor by the head and prepares his claws stabbing them into Johnathan's Neck. The Ascended is seen laughing manically as Johnathan struggles in his hands sparking with very powerful Ripple. The Ascended then says "JoJo, speaking frankly... Before now, I didn't want to kill you by my own hand. We grew up in the same house as childhood friends... so turning you into an undead didn't seem like any fun. But it looks like I was being too nice. Seeing you alive makes me realize my inner weakness as emperor... Now, I will rip you to shreds without hesitation!" before The Ascended sees this and punches Johnathan in the gut knocking the air out of him and stilling him completely as The Ascended drains him. Then The Ascended drops Johnathan to the ground, turns around and walks away.

NORMAL MORI: (Zeppeli)

The Ascended picks up the survivor by the head and prepares his claws stabbing them into Zeppeli's Neck. The Ascended is seen laughing manically as Zeppeli struggles his hands sparking with Ripple power but not effective and eventually stills and the Ripple fades from him. The Ascended then says "Ripple? Breathing? Heheh... If you're going to blow air... you might as well be blowing a fanfare for me!" before he drops Zeppeli to the ground, turns around and walks away.

(His Mori is designed as to work with the Finishing Mori System as that allows for Moris to become much more cinematic in a way that better expresses the character. Both Unique to Survivor Moris play into this more showcasing the unique aspects of Johnathan and Zeppeli vs Dio.)

Fully Drained Mori:

(Quick Mori much like Pyramid Head and Sadako)

The Ascended picks up the survivor by the head and prepares his claws stabbing them into the Survivor's Neck. The survivor is then dropped unceremoniously as an empty husk that dissipates upon contact with the ground.

(Since this Mori is designed to happen mid-match it is much shorter.

Voice Lines (By when they occur):

(People forget that Dio is canonically British so I’ll be using the English translations of things. Unless it is iconic enough to break this rule.)

Basic Attack Lands (based on scenario):

“I’m moving beyond my humanity!” (Hits survivor other than Johnathan Joestar)

“I’m throwing away my humanity, Jojo!”(Hits Johnathan Joestar)

“Weak! Weak!” (Vaporization Freezing Technique activates)

When a survivor is put into the Dying state:

“Hmmph. Die”

“How many breads have you eaten in your life?”

“I always come first! I’m number one!”

Drains Survivor:

“*Maniacal Laughter*”

“I feel so good, I could break out into song!”

Interrupting Survivor’s Actions or Survivor takes a protection hit:

“Muda Muda!”

Enters chase with a Survivor:

Compared to me you are a mere Monkey! (other Survivors)

Compared to me you are a mere Monkey, Jojo!(with Johnathan)

Downs a survivor in or near the exit gate then picks them up:

“It’s too late! You cannot escape!”

Stunned by Pallet:

“Wrrrryyyyy!” (This is a battle cry for all vampires in JBA)

*quietly to self* “I’m Dio” (Dio has done this at the beginning of Part 1 when Johnathan confronted him about kicking Danny the Joestar’s Dog)

Survivor wiggles off shoulder (1 of the two said at random with the first having higher probability):

“Wrrrrrrrrryyyyyy!”

*angered tone* “Die!”

Downs a survivor within 15 seconds of downing Johnathan:

"DIE FOR NOTHING, JOJO!"

When Johnathan Joestar is sacrificed:

“Goodbye Jojo!”

Stats:

Height: Tall

Terror Radius: 40 meters

Speed: 110% (4.4 m/s)

Power: curse of the mask

The Curse of an Ancient Stone Mask that mutated you into a master of your own body and beyond the limits of a human.

Special Attack: Space Ripper Stingy Eyes

Hold the Power Button to begin Aiming Space Ripper Stingy Eyes. Aiming Slows Movement speed to a crawl (.5 m/s) and lock character turn rate to be very low (1 °/s). Press the attack button to fire. The Ascended stops completely when firing.

You start the Trial with this ability ready for 3 shots.

Hitting a survivor with a basic attack adds 1 to the number of times you can shoot.

Holding the Alternate Action Button above a survivor in the dying state drains their bleed out timer of 48 seconds, adds 3 to the number of times you can shoot and picks up the survivor.

You can only drain dying survivors once per survivor.

Attack Description: Two beams that go until they hit an Obstacle are fired from The Ascended’s eyes going towards the center of the screen. Survivors touching any part of the beam are damaged. Beams collide at 56 meters from their starting location. Beams count as obstacles for themselves.

After firing there is a short cooldown before The Ascended can move again.

The Ascended suffers from the blindness status effect for 5 seconds after Firing.

Special Ability: Aura Reading Mastery

After chasing any survivor for a total of 120 seconds, The Ascended gains the Ability to see that survivor’s aura when they are within 8 meters of him for 120 seconds. Each Survivor has their own individual timer. Survivors can see how long they’ve been chased in the HUD.

Special Ability: Vaporization Freezing Technique

While The Ascended has more than 2 shots of Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, Basic Attacks have a 10 x number  of shots over 2% chance to inflict a strong (35%) hindered effect for 4 seconds.

Special Ability: Fully Drained

When a dying survivor has less than 24 seconds (< 10%) left on their bleed out timer, The Ascended can kill that survivor by hand. Grants 3 Uses of Space Ripper Stingy Eyes on completion.

Dio's Perks

Heaven Plan

When a survivor is Sacrificed, see the auras of all survivors within 8 meters of a Hook for 20/25/30 seconds.

Boundless Ambition

All their struggling means nothing to you. Nothing can stop your plans.

Each time you are stunned or blinded by any means, gain a token up to a maximum of 8/10/12 tokens.

When a Generator is completed while you have any number of tokens, gain a 10% haste effect for 5 x the number of tokens seconds 

True Willpower

When a survivor wiggles off of your shoulder, all survivors in your Terror Radius have their aura revealed for 4/5/6 seconds.

Dio's Addons

As much as I'd like to give names to these addons I can't reliably name them. I do have at least some general abilities in with their general rarity. instead I'll provide those.

(Low Rarity) Increased hindered effect of VFT.

(Middling Rarity) Inflict Status effects with SRSE.

(High Rarity) Draining more from a dying survivor, allowing for more tokens to be gained.

(Middling Rarity) ARM timer adjustments. (Decreased chase time, increased reading time. inverse effects)

(Low Rarity) Increased turning rate while aiming SRSE

(Middling Rarity) increased number of starting shots for SRSE

(High Rarity) Increased distance on ARM

(Downsides) Increased Blindness Time, Increased time required to activate ARM (most common downside), decreased Aura Reading time from ARM

Ultra Rare:

Iridescent Technique Page

A journal page detailing a description of how to use Space Ripping Stinger Eyes with only one eye.

The Ascended fires 1 beam from SRSE but allows slight aiming while firing at 0.5 °/s.

The range of the beam fired SRSE is extended by 100% and the beam extends past the center of your screen

The blindness effect duration is reduced to 0 seconds

Mastered Stinging Eyes Journal Page Trumps all other addons.

Iridescent Stone Mask

The Mask reawakens your latent Abilities

Decreases time required to activate Aura Reading Mastery by 50%

Increases Range of Aura Reading Mastery Aura Reading by 4 meters.

Iridescent Stone Mask does not stack with other addons of the same type.

Survivors: Jonathan Joestar, Will Anthonio Zeppeli

While both characters are more cartoonish in appearance than the majority of characters already in the game, these two are the only qualified survivors if only because I'm strapped for characters.

Now the most important part of a Survivor from an Anime:

Specific Scream styles (scream made when hooked)

Johnathan: “Guwaaaaaaaaaaaa” (said with "oo" in place of "u")

Zeppeli: “Gooowaaaaaaaaa” (long o sound before the "w")

If we were to give them voice lines I cannot provide them as I don't know what would be safe to use if at all. sure RE has some now but what's to say we'll have the good stuff for other sources.

Johnathan's Perks

True Gentleman

While you are the Obsession, finishing a healing action on another survivor while healthy turns them into the Obsession.

When you take a Protection Hit for the Obsession they also receive a 50% speed boost for .9/1.35/1.8 seconds.

If you take a protection hit for the obsession while they are being carried they gain 50% of their current wiggle progress.

If the Obsession takes a Protection hit for you. You become the Obsession.

If the Obsession is being Carried you can see their aura.

Increases the chances to become the Obsession at the start of the Trial.

Explosive Power

After being chased by the killer for a total of 80/70/60 seconds, Explosive Power activates.

After activating, the next time you Stun the Killer

• The Stun Duration is increased by 25%
  • The Killer suffers from the Hindered (5%) status effect for 15 seconds.

Fate's Chosen

While being carried by The Killer, the great skill check bonus is increased by 1% for every great skill check hit in succession up to a maximum of 4/8/12%.

Missing a skill check resets the bonus. 

Hitting great skill checks after reaching maximum bonus applies a slight hindered effect (5%) to The Killer for 4 seconds

Zeppeli's Perks

Honed Stamina

Your intense training has led to remarkable abilities.

Effects that inflict exhaustion last 50/75/100% longer

Ripple Mastery

Attunement with The Flow of Life all around unlocks your Aura Reading Abilities

While Standing Still press the Action Button to Activate Ripple Mastery for 4 seconds.

While Ripple Mastery is active you see the Auras of All things within 8/12/16 meters.

When Ripple Mastery deactivates all negative status effects are removed.

Ripple Mastery has a cool down of 90 seconds.

FATED TO DIE

You know your lot and outcome in life. This lets you empower those around you to be ready for it.

While you are on a Hook, Fated to Die Activates.

While Fated to Die is active gain the following effects:

Every 15/12/10 seconds, Injured Survivors further than 16 meters from you gain 35% of their remaining healing progress. (Survivors gain 35% if they have not been healed at all since being injured, 17.5% if they have been healed half way etc. etc.) Survivors hear a quiet gasp when this effect activates

When you are sacrificed, the survivor currently alive with the most hook stages (one person chosen at random if a tie) gains a 5% haste effect for 180/240/300 seconds. The killer is notified by a gasping noise when this occurs

Cosmetics:

The Prestige Cosmetics (All 3): I'm not too caring on how they handle this...

(The Ascended) DIO Legendary Skin Cosmetic: Dio takes on his outfit from Part 3 (No Stand Included)

(The Ascended) DIO AWAKENED Legendary Skin Cosmetic Pieces: removal of the Jacket and trim the hair slightly. (Again no Stand Included)

(Johnathan Joestar and The Ascended) Jacketed Walks: While in school they would wear this (Pictures are uncolored reference Art)

(Will Anthonio Zeppeli) Zeppeli's Sailing Days: the outfit and hairstyle worn by Zeppeli while he was exploring the world (he is now much older than this time but it's nice to have. Picture is of Young Zeppeli)

Many Thanks to the Jojo's Community for keeping very good records of what is and isn't in the series.

And also a huge thanks to my friend who suggested this and was also an adamant force in making sure I didn't use Stands.

Feel free to critique the Power in any way you see fit, I'm still worried for its Balance. (There might be a couple updates in the comments detailing any Legendary Characters/ Good changes to the power)

Comments

• The_Scarlet_Witch
    The_Scarlet_Witch Member Posts: 209
    Options

Ngl a lot of people would be angry as this encourages sluggling. The concept itself I like but The taking away of 45 seconds is to strong in my opinion. Plus I would rather see dio part 3 incorporated into the game.

• pimin
    pimin Member Posts: 51
    Options

If I actually want to choose one Jojo Character as a Killer? Pucci from part 6. Since that part is still going for anime only watchers, I can't spoil anything more but there's a good amount to his stand in particular that would be able to have a good translation. the only reason I did Dio from Part 1 instead is because I was asked to by a friend, and it was a fun limiter.

As for the Power thing: the only real part of this power that "encourages slugging" is the Fully Drained part. Since that calls for a specific amount of the bleed out timer to be left (10% or less). When designing it I used percentages for the numbers originally, and switched to defined seconds when the math was able to be done. The current Bleed-out Timer is 4 minutes long, or 240 seconds. 48 seconds is around 20% of that timer, a large amount to be sure but is because the power has something to use that large amount as a means to an end. And the action of Draining Picks them up to put on your shoulder and carry. This is also around the amount of time it takes for a survivor to pick themselves up in the PTB (without recovery speedup) so that would mean that 48 seconds is a whole pickup for the survivor and allows for a unique level of control to a resource in this upcoming update. Also note that I said you can only do this 1 timer per survivor. It's meant to be a quick pick me up for the power since it has ammo that relies on having survivors to hit. If you waste your shots on an injured person and cannot hit them you can pick them up using that drain and get back 3 after you do this to all 4 survivors you're stuck with basic attacks for getting more uses out of the power.

Oddly enough I could double down on this further as I am very meticulous when it comes to wording in these concepts to make sure they don't end up overpowered and I want to stick to the ideas I made... I'm very attached to them. but since this game is really wide spread and I like seeing how others perceive the balance of this game, how would you improve this power in your eyes?

• Tartaros
    Tartaros Member Posts: 43
    Options

That’s a good job Pimin. Have you seen my new Parasyte concept yet? Also didn’t you say something about in the old concept which is gone to sell this?