Dead Hard Rework = Failure

13»

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It is indeed now a fair and skillful perk. Yes, it's very strong when used right at a pallet, but that's about it. Let's not act like the odds of timing a perfect Dead Hard in the open against a killer that is ready for Dead Hard aren't extremely low. Because they are. Take away the potential it has at pallets, and maybe sometimes windows, and you've got a dead perk that is completely useless.

Dead Hard for distance was the big problem. Because you could use it to get to a window you couldn't get to otherwise, and because it allowed you to iron out mistakes you made at loops. This is no longer possible. The main thing about Dead Hard is that it's effectiveness is now guaranteed in much fewer situations than it used to be. You have to be pretty much at a pallet, in which case you often also could just drop the pallet to avoid a hit, for the perk to work guaranteed.

Old Dead Hard was much stronger in far more situations. You could use it at far more places, you just had to make sure you could reach the pallet with the Dead Hard speed boost. The one upside that new Dead Hard has is that it gains survivors more distance if timed correctly, but that's a fair compensation to the nerf it got.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Personally I think new Dead Hard is much easier to counter than before.

Pallet loop - When DH is the strongest. Just M1 before survivor reach pallet. If the pallet is down and survivor is just waiting for lunge attack, just grab when they are vaulting.

Window - Hit after seeing vault animation.

If you are getting baited by DH at deadzone, I'm sorry but that's your problem.

Also bloodlust tier 2, 3 is much faster now, so I don't think new DH is either unfair or game-breaking like old one.