Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Nightmare Dream-Pallet idea

Right now they sit at being the most underwhelming addons and do practically nothing too useful. What I propose is to make dream-pallets now overlay actual pallets in the Dreamworld. To explain better, sleeping survivors cannot drop pallets that have been dreamed by Freddy, preventing them dropping ones hes trapped. Ones without this can still be dropped as normal, but this allows Freddy to be an actual Nightmare to sleeping survivor who now have to gamble dropping what could be a trap or abandoning the loop. Of course there would be a small cooldown to prevent locking out pallets forever, and this would only prevent the dropper from using the real one, allowing a subsequent survivor to rush in and drop the real one for them to prevent a hit, further adding strategy and preventing complete domination for sleeping survivors.

Any thoughts please share, I've recently fallen in love with Freddy and believe he has potential to be a very fun killer, just needs more love in the Dreamworld area.

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Personally what I’d like is for Freddy to have both snares and pallets automatically in his base kit and he can switch between by tapping the ability button like how Clown switches between yellow and pink gas. Then make his current fake pallet add-ons be solely buffs for them of various kinds. That would give Freddy more flexibility where he can place pallets out of chase and place snares at loops.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

I agree, the fact that spending bloodpoints is required to fully use a killers ability (or hell its swapping which halve you'd like) is absolutely crazy, so yes this would be a very good start to make for him, maybe bump his quantities back to 10 like before too, or give em both two seperate pools to use from.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

I think @dugman is onto something.

I don't like OP's proposition as that would be a little unfair for survivors. To explain - keeping in mind which pallets were used, checking for debris and looking for real pallets when awake is something survivor can do - trapping unused pallets is something survivor has 0 chance to play around - making it unfair.

However I agree that freddy should get some buff and adding fake pallets into his snares sounds very promising. I know that at least for me it would create good reason to actually wake up (instead of current behavior, where I deliberately keep myself asleep when he has snares, to see freddy from distance).

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

More Freddy-Discussions, lets go.

HOPEFULLY BHVR starts to listen and take a close look to Mr. Krueger.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

It get's more ridiculous when you think about Doctor having addons that do the same thing but better. Freddy is a bit like Billy. Unloved and abandoned in the darkest corner of BHVR's basement.