Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Quality of Life changes: Bloodweb, more toggles, search bars, and accessibility

MizukiAyu
MizukiAyu Member Posts: 32
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

There's obviously a lot of the game regarding balancing and mechanics that need reworking or adjusting, I understand that and this is not to say that QoL should take priority over those, but not forgotten as well. That said, here are things that I personally believe should be addressed:

Accessibility:

• Devs have already started this process with Spine Chill's Terror radius indicator that I know is a temporary fix until they make a system that's not linked to a perk. But it is worth restating because this cannot be forgotten or left to the wayside.
  • Loud Noise Notifications - These should not be spammable, may users use repeated vaults to harass or annoy the killer and it's very difficult to handle sometimes. Fast vaulting repeatedly should block a window even outside a chase. Fast vaulting a pallet or locker outside of a chase too many times within a short period should trigger a block until a chase starts as well. I know you have the tech to detect "in a chase" so should be safe to remove the harassment but keep the functionality in chase.
  • Blind Effects - A toggle-able option for a blackout and fade in instead of a bright flash and fade out of the blind effect would help since most the game is very dark and the blind effects are generally very bright.
  • Toggle Options - Gen toggles are great! Thank you! Please give us a Crouch and Sprint toggle option so we can tap it to turn on and tap it to turn off. To ensure you don't accidentally sprint when you intent to walk, a small icon could flip on with the toggle button. This could be important in cases where a player is very vulnerable (Dead on Hook for example) and is choosing stealth near the end of a match and want to hide in a locker or even just walk around a sight blocker to stay safe.

Blood Web:

• Press and hold for each individual node is a PAIN. Please add the ability to choose a node anywhere and the system will claim nodes along the entire web arm until it reaches your choice. The way this would work is it would automatically claim the 1st available node in the arm then do a check to see if the Entity needs to claim anything, then it claims the 2nd available node in the same arm, then another Entity check, so on and so forth. If the Entity ever claims a node that blocks the path, the system stops and the player much choose a new node to aim for as normal. This reduces the slow, obnoxious claiming process with a semi-automated process that still respects the Entity RNG to claim nodes.
  • A fully automated version would be pure RNG, taking the code of the Entity's choices (for example) and duplicating it to act as the player and with 1 button the player requests for the entire web to be completed. This would allow players to prestige faster without greatly changing the way BP interacts with anything. And these two would simply be options (I would hope they would both be options) so the player can be completely autonomous with their choices and mindful of their BP spending, be semi autonomous and choose what's important but less of a hassle, or completely hands off for time efficiency

And finally, Search Bars:

• There are too many perks and addons to be searching via images and while I understand they're in alphabetical order and grouped by rarity, when you can't actually see the names without mousing over it's kind of a pain in the butt to find perks and addons. A simple search bar that brings up any perk with the searched text would solve a lot of problems. Maybe I want to do an Aura reading build, so I search "Aura" and can now choose from my options without knowing off the top of my head which perks are aura reading. Maybe I forgot (again) that it's called "A Nurses Calling" so I type in Nurse. It would just be nice to have a quick way to find perks, especially if I need to change quickly in a lobby because someone tells me "I'm running CoH, so maybe don't run 2 copies" and I wanna quickly swap to Dark Sense or something. As we get more and more playable characters, a search bar for them would be nice too, though Perks and addons really need it.

Edit: Small formatting fixes