We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Mini Game Mode Idea: Duck Hunt

Hello everyone,

today I wanted to share a little idea I had, I know this won't make it into the game but it was fun working it out.

There was already some talk about additional game modes so I wanted to just throw my idea to you guys and hear your thoughts on it.

It's about a mini game mode called "Duck Hunt". It would be a timed event for 1-2 weeks (maybe around Thanksgiving) and then it would be unavailable until next year.

Duck Hunt:

It is a game mode with 2 Killers and 10 Survivors.

The Killers are The Huntress and The Twins (mainly Victor)

The Survivors may also wear Duck cosmetics for the giggles.

The Map

This game mode would take place in a very small specific map designed for this mode.

It's a square or circle of maybe 4x4m*2 (roughly half of Coal Tower, up to change, it should just be a very small map) and filled with obstacles to hide behind. The objects are placed so there is no hiding spot, where you can hide the entire time.

The Match

As said in the titel it's a mini game mode. As soon as the match starts (maybe 10 seconds after everyone spawned) a 2 min timer (like EGC) starts. In this 2 min each side has to achiev their goal. The max Bloodpoints you can earn is 10k (there should still be an incentive to play the standart game). When the 2 min end, every Survivor in the dying state gets sacrificed by the Entity. Every Survivor that's on their feet can escape. A Survivor in the dying state cannot be picked up. He is out for good.

The Goal

Killers:

The goal of the Killers is to kill all Survivors. The Huntress is the main threat and she is the only way to put a Survivor into the dying state. She has only her basekit and is positioned on a high platform from which she cannot move. She is stuck there and can only throw hatchets (she has a locker nearby).

The Twins or rather just Victors task is to function like a hunting Dog. He is there to keep the Survivors on their toes and to shoo them out of hiding. Victor cannot put a Survivor into the dying state. When Victor hits a Survivor the Survivor becomes injured, his aura gets revealed to the Huntress and his movement speed is reduced to 95% (having Victor on your shoulder with this makes you a perfekt target for the Huntress. Beware of their teamwork).

Victor can respawn after 3-5 seconds on a Survivors shoulder.

The Killers goal is achieved If every Survivor is in the dying state.

Survivors:

The Survivors have to survive. To achieve this they can heal from the injured state but cannot heal from the dying state to the injured state.

Additionally there are objects scattered around the map to hide from the Huntress, but stay aware of Victor!

Now I actually have a problem, because as of this moment the Survivor side has to have additional things to do during the 2 min. I strongly believe that without additional objectives this mode would becomes bland and boring to play for the Survivors quickly.

Right of the bat I can think of some Glyphes they could do during that time (maybe the yellow ones while doding hatchets and Victor may be fun).

Leave some ideas of what Survivors can do during the 2 min timer.

The Goal of the Survivor is to be in the healthy or Injured Healthstate after the 2 min timer ends.

If they are on their feet they can escape.

Round 2?

With the assigned roles of Killers many people will be temped to leave and rejoin a queue until they get their wanted role.

In addition, for a Survivor that get's downed within the first 10 seconds, it sucks to be sluged for 2 min. To combat this there could be a round 2 mechanic.

I imagine it as the following. After the first 2 min timer has ended, every Survivor get's reset and the Killer roles are switched. This will give each Killer Player a chance to play as Huntress or Victor.

A Survivor that got downed early in the first Round will also have a second chance for a better, longer Round 2.

This depends if it's even possible for BHVR to code a switch of a Killer mid match but it would be awesome and healthy for the mode. Also a few minutes queue after 2 mins every time get's boring. Feels like more queue than game.

TL;DR: Survivors in a small map, Huntress throws hatchets from high up while Viktor shoos Survivors around. Survivors try to survive for 2 min while dodging hatchets, Victor and side objectives for points.

Everything is Up for Change, this was an idea I had and I just wanted to throw this one at you guys to hear your Feedback.

Thank you for reading.