Add a anti-camping mechanic in the game.

Options
Vyne456
Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
edited October 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Ok BHVR we just need to verify something right now and we need this added in the game.

A lot of dead by daylight players suffer from camping and we just can't do anything about it because of bubbas, and any type of killer that can insta down survivors and then slug them

Add a mechanic that we can unhook ourselves immediately if they camp in a short duration of time.

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,274
    Options

I like your suggestion. Wouldn't work on 2nd stage, but it would be something.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

That would really just work to help you get tunneled out of the game

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Alright, you unhook yourself next to a camping killer. Unless you're near a great loop, you're just going down again in ten seconds? If it's Bubba with chili and you're in the basement, he can absolutely hit you twice before you reach shack window. And on the flipside, this creates some stupid no-win situations for killers, because sometimes leaving the hook is an exceptionally bad idea and it's got nothing to do with the killer being cheap or unskilled, and survivors should not get a free unhook in that scenario.

I don't think camping itself is a problem so much as it is specific killer powers that make camping way more powerful than it has any right to be, and encourage uninteractive gameplay as a result (Bubba foremost, Trickster/Myers/Oni/Billy to a lesser degree, Hag with the issue that she can be wherever the hell she wants and still facecamp at the same time.)

So imo, camping changes would need to address those killers' powers specifically, though at the time of speaking, Bubba is the only one I feel really needs an intervention. I'd be fine with disabling his chainsaw if he spends too long within 16m of the hooked survivor without being in a chase (and give it back to him if he enters a chase, but on a 5s delay so that he can't just twitch at whoever comes to unhook and saw them.)

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Well you would get the boost of speed and protection bad luck if not pallet around.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

just have it so a killer standing within like 8m of a hook for more than 10 seconds pauses the timer until the killer leaves that range for 20 seconds, and have that disable in endgame

free deliverance will just help you get insta tunneled and die even faster than you would if you sat on hook

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

What BHVR could do is:

1) if the killer is near the hook, the entity progression pauses until they go away

2) disable killers' powers while near the hooked survivor, and for 1 second after the unhook.