If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Die Geshtalt Entity [“My name is Legion, for we are many” – Mark 5:9]

Options
DarkFox85
DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74

I’ve been thinking a lot about Legion lately. They might well be an “Expy” of Ghostface from the Scream franchise, but as Trapper is to Jason Voorhees, there’s much more to them than that. Or at least enough to keep the copyright lawyers well at bay.

However, some things bother me. I want to share some theories. Firstly, some of us might be underwhelmed by a group of punk teens as the killer, but off the back of a J-Horror vengeful creaky-glass phase-walker, a bringing down to earth might be in order. However, I think Legion may be more fantastic than that.

I dunno. I just find it hard to believe a teen with a combat knife is a credible threat to the likes of David and some others. Hell, give Meg a knife. Hell, give Meg a big stone. I accept The Entity doesn’t allow survivors to directly fight the Killers, but the Entity having that much control over the trials (to prevent survivors from throwing punches or whatever) is too much for even the Entity. It violates a sense of “fair play” to take that much will away from the survivors and affect them like that.

The other killers have too much physical prowess, special abilities, or sheer crazy for survivors to even attempt physical confrontation (with the possible exception of The Pig). The Legion doesn’t have this to deter survivors. And I don’t accept that the Entity just stops survivors from defending themselves “in the wrong way”.

So, I think Legion is all four of the teens at the same time and just physically manifests as one of them at any given time. Maybe they were once four individuals, but for whatever reason the Entity has fused them into one. And as one, they have the strength and madness of four people in a “the whole becomes greater than the sums of its parts” kind of way.

It’s like the multiple demons in the same body from the new testament also called “Legion”. I don’t know how many other DBD killers reference Christianity, but it’s another strike in favour of a down-to-earth concept that’s also really “out there”.

I know my theory has problems aplenty, but would anyone care to shoot the breeze with me?

Cross-reference: An episode of Red Dwarf called “Legion” [s6 e2], where a creature is four different personalities at the same time and described as “a Geshtalt Entity”

Comments

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    DarkFox85 said:

I’ve been thinking a lot about Legion lately. They might well be an “Expy” of Ghostface from the Scream franchise, but as Trapper is to Jason Voorhees, there’s much more to them than that. Or at least enough to keep the copyright lawyers well at bay.

However, some things bother me. I want to share some theories. Firstly, some of us might be underwhelmed by a group of punk teens as the killer, but off the back of a J-Horror vengeful creaky-glass phase-walker, a bringing down to earth might be in order. However, I think Legion may be more fantastic than that.

I dunno. I just find it hard to believe a teen with a combat knife is a credible threat to the likes of David and some others. Hell, give Meg a knife. Hell, give Meg a big stone. I accept The Entity doesn’t allow survivors to directly fight the Killers, but the Entity having that much control over the trials (to prevent survivors from throwing punches or whatever) is too much for even the Entity. It violates a sense of “fair play” to take that much will away from the survivors and affect them like that.

The other killers have too much physical prowess, special abilities, or sheer crazy for survivors to even attempt physical confrontation (with the possible exception of The Pig). The Legion doesn’t have this to deter survivors. And I don’t accept that the Entity just stops survivors from defending themselves “in the wrong way”.

So, I think Legion is all four of the teens at the same time and just physically manifests as one of them at any given time. Maybe they were once four individuals, but for whatever reason the Entity has fused them into one. And as one, they have the strength and madness of four people in a “the whole becomes greater than the sums of its parts” kind of way.

It’s like the multiple demons in the same body from the new testament also called “Legion”. I don’t know how many other DBD killers reference Christianity, but it’s another strike in favour of a down-to-earth concept that’s also really “out there”.

I know my theory has problems aplenty, but would anyone care to shoot the breeze with me?

Cross-reference: An episode of Red Dwarf called “Legion” [s6 e2], where a creature is four different personalities at the same time and described as “a Geshtalt Entity”

Good points but as the trailer shows the legions strengh is speed and surprise in a straight up fight David would have won but he was taken by surprise to a knife to the spine
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Also who's to say survivors never fought back before the ones we know of arrived maby thoese that fight and break the rules was torn apart by the entity itself and there spirits given to the killers to strengthen then (I.e all there skills and perks that are not item's) 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@DarkFox85

DIE GESHTALT ENTITY [“MY NAME IS LEGION, FOR WE ARE MANY” – MARK 5:9]

Edited for DBD lore: (My name is Legion, for we are only two people unless you cough up more cash then we are four!" - MegaWaffle 10:9)

• SadCyclops
    SadCyclops Member Posts: 118
    Options

@DarkFox85

DIE GESHTALT ENTITY [“MY NAME IS LEGION, FOR WE ARE MANY” – MARK 5:9]

Edited for DBD lore: (My name is Legion, for we are only two people unless you cough up more cash then we are four!" -)

this is by far the best fitting comment ive seen so far

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options
    They are just a bunch of angry kids. And no, they didn't fused into one. Its only one of them in particular trial in particular time.
    Also, devs confirmed that killer's death as significant as survivor's death. They can't die permanently. So, confrontation is dangerous and useless anyway.
  • A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Didn't The Entity make every killer stronger?
  • xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

@A_Crow said:
    Didn't The Entity make every killer stronger?

Exactly. EVERY killer is enhanced. No one survivor could take a killer in a fight without outwitting them. Every killer who is Legion is stronger then David. The video shows him being caught off guard and getting a 1 hit down, it in no way proves David is stronger then Legion