You aren't suppose to win a 3v1

2»

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

This is why creating a 3v1 as early as possible is the strongest strategy for killer, and why it feels very unfair to survivors since it is mostly out of their control. At this point the game is no longer salvageable, unless the team is both really good at running the killer and well coordinated.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Oh my dear friend you’ve committed one of the great fallacies of debate.

The goal isn’t to change my mind it’s to influence the opinion of others.

I’m not ignoring context in the least. In fact that point has little relevance here its a good common go to though, but does demonstrate that debate isn’t your strong suit.

Clarifying your point to be it’s ok to DC if someone else DC’s because it creates an un-winnable scenario that’s not worth playing.

It’s still no different to “I feel I can’t win so I quit.” Does it matter if it’s a DC or a really early down and elimination without much gen progression?

You feel one is legit but the other illegitimate so you feel justified in leaving in the DC case?

My point is that you can still have a fun interactive game of dbd even if someone DC’s so it’s a pretty weak excuse to use to justify your own quitting.

you’ve framed it as it’s un-fun if unable to win, when the scenario is potentially winnable and involves the same gameplay, or fun, as any other game of dbd, this is what makes it a weak point.

So if you are quitting because you feel you can’t win, then that’s really lame no matter how you dress it up because the context here doesn’t really change the defeatist mindset.

I don’t like when people DC is different from I quit when people DC. The first one is reasonable, it sucks when people quit the second really makes you no better than the first person who quit. Especially when it’s possible to have a full game of dbd as a 3v1, you probably won’t win it though as survivor but that’s not reason enough to quit without seeming kinda childish.

Hence my original point in full. If you want to quit that’s up to you, but own your “hissy quit” because you are kinda lame for doing so in a multiplayer setting.