We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Ghostface builds/advice?

With the new archives ive been playing ghostface a bit. He seems fun but i don't know what a good build would be. He's completly m1 in chase so id guess chase perks is the go to? Also find it very difficult to get marks sometimes. So any advice from people who actually play him? And this might be helpful to others picking him up for the challenges.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,275

The build I was playing with last was:

Lethal Pursuer, Surge, Fearmonger, Scourge: Pain Res

Addons: Matchbook and Security Camera.

Lethal is just a solid perk on any Ghostface build, because being able to locate your first stalking target quickly is important to build pressure.

I like surge on Ghostface, because often you are stalking people who are working on gens so they will often go down near that gen.

Fearmonger prevents sprint burst after a 100% stalk and blindness can be nasty on stealth killers since other survivors on gens can't see where I downed a survivor. And with Security Camera I can see where other survivors are at and make decisions on slug plays.

Pain Res was just for some extra regression since larger maps can be an issue.

I've tried corrupt on and off and it sits on a line of "it's okay, but having survivors move around at the start of the match can hurt you more than help" and I'd rather not run both Lethal and Corrupt. Since the ideal play is to expose down someone ASAP, corrupt would go down pretty quickly unless you are on a big map. Plus easier to stalk a survivor working on a gen than one moving about.

Really the biggest challenges is knowing when to 99% stalk and when to just get damage in. Ghostface isn't a good hit and run killer, but committing too hard to stalking can also backfire since it leaves you with little pressure. Sometimes I'll just chase a survivor, force a pallet drop and then drop chase to find someone else to stalk.

Since marks last 60 seconds now, sometimes it can be worth popping the mark and bloodlusting for the down. It's not ideal, but sometimes you get maps that don't really leave you any other options.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

Nurses Calling and Sloppy Bucher is fun because you can sneak up on them silently and either you down them again or they run and lose all the heal progress

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412

When Ghostface was released (back when I was a killer main) this was the best combo. It was so much fun catching survivors off guard.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,974

He has to play the M1 chase game, so I'd recommend Brutal Strength, Enduring, and Bamboozle to get through those annoying loops quick.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Ghosty lives and dies on info.

I currently run:

Lethal (early stalks are king).

I'm All Ears (excellent synergy with Lethal, I may eventually drop it for something else).

Discordance (think Lethal, but it really works well in the lategame, plus multi-person stalks).

Surge (wonderful on him).

Doing very well with this build, but might need to switch out IAE for...something.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373
    edited October 2022

I've been running lethal deadlock BBQ and call of brine

2 of the perks are pure info to position your self

call of brine allows you regress gens and acts like surveillance so you can make kick8ng worth it and dead lock to stall gens

Addons Philly (brown) to give people less time to notice you

Drop knife keg sheith ( putple) to close the gap when you mark someone

• Xenontyx
    Xenontyx Member Posts: 3

Im not a high mmr killer main but I played a lot of sneaky ghostface.

Nurse calling, BBQ, Discordance, and surveillance, because I want to know the location of the survivors as often as possible so I can Jumpscare them. I use the security camera addon so i know where they are even more, and Olsen Journal because being marked + oblivious make it more stressful.

It's not a good build and it's inconsistent, but I play ghostface for the spook rather than kills.

I don't want to get spotted, so I move carefully and stalk survivor to 99 from far away.

I dont want to be seen, Im crouched most of the time. Sometimes, I can't see ######### so I wait and listen if I can hear the grass moving or their foostep. With all that time spent on stalking, the gens are popping fast, so failing your ambush is not an option (unless survivors are too scared and wasted time hiding). But hey, they won't run if they don't see you coming.

• when crouched and leaning, the angle at wich you are stalking make you more or less visible,

this is when you are stalking while looking at the survivor from the side of your screen:

This when looking directly face to face with the surv while 50% of your screen is hidden by the wall :

Those stalking angle depend on the position of the survivor and the orientation of the wall ( you will not be revealed by the surv if they can't see more than 25% of your body or smthing like that)

• And yes, the default skin ribbons can sold you off (but rarely happens). Depending on the distance they don't have the same physics, and thats why they look so straight on those pictures, so keep that in mind when stalking.

• Sorry if my english is wobbly