a case for bringing back bonus BP perks.

since the removal of the BP bonus on bbq, among other things, a lot of killers are no longer feeling incentivised to not tunnel and not camp. the quality of games in the wake of this has noticeably deteriorated, as i'm sure that everyone has complained vigorously about.

i think that, genuinely, the best way to combat this unpleasant play experience, is to not only reinstate the BP bonus for BBQ, but to also add that same BP bonus to all perks that encourage a healthy and positive play experience for the opposing side.

this bonus doesn't need to stack, i believe that it's enough to have just one, but if things still remain bad then that can be reconsidered.

i however do not consider wglf to be a healthy perk. hook farming with BT was extremely common just to get stacks and often got people killed.

healthy survivor perks include, in my opinion, but are not limited to:

open handed, kindred, bond, empathy, we'll make it (replacing wglf and gaining stacks on heals, not on unhooks), no one left behind, plunderer's instinct, small game, counterforce, rookie spirit, windows of opportunity, diversion, deception, tenacity, detective's hunch, smash hit, fast track, calm spirit, quick and quiet, distortion, aftercare, breakdown, autodidact, wiretap, sole survivor, low profile, corrective action, technician, deja vu, dance with me

healthy killer perks include, in my opinion, but are not limited to:

bbq and chili, devour hope, make your choice, predator, bloodhound, stridor, distressing, monitor & abuse, territorial imperative, hex: crowd control, scourge hook: gift of pain, scourge hook: floods of rage, i'm all ears, no way out, grim embrace, thanatophobia, brutal strength, enduring, shadowborn, iron maiden, shattered hope, spies from the shadows, scourge hook: monstrous shrine, furtive chase

my thought process behind these perks are, for the survivors, any perks that basically encourage taking care of your teammates, not blasting generators, not being selfish, and giving the killer a good, non frustrating chase. for the killers, any perks that basically encourage switching targets, not camping the hook, not slowing down generators, and giving the survivors a good, non frustrating chase. also, generally, any perk that wants a nice reason to be run and just doesn't have enough value to compete for a perk slot (the price of deadlock and the price of shadowborn is one perk slot, yet the gulf in their value is off the charts). i absolutely missed a bunch of the weak perks, there's one i can't think of the name for right now that makes you undetectable while you're bloodlusted, but i'm sure that the dbd team can fill in the blanks.

give people the choice to run fair play perks for double bloodpoints and the game's health will improve. because nothing has deteriorated the game's health quite like telling killers to unequip bbq and now they don't know where to go after a hook so they just camp it.

"but i want to tunnel/camp/slug or stake out/hyperfocus/prove thyself/built to last" this is a cookie for good behaviour. if you want a cookie, you're going to have to display good behaviour. otherwise, you can go without a cookie. try empathising with the other team and decide if you're making things fun, or if you're just making someone frustrated. it's literally one perk slot to be kind to the other team.