Pain Res and Maximum Percent

I am wondering what others think about the fact that Pain Res takes 15% of the total generators progress. It is generally considered one of, if not the strongest perk for killers in the game. With everything that the perk does I think it using maximum percentage is a bit extreme. I understand the change to Pop goes the weasel and think that it was a good adjustment and think that they should do the same to Pain Res. If they changed Pain Res to Current Percent as opposed to Maximum I think it would make a lot more sense and be more of a balanced perk. It would not even be nearly the nerf it was to pop as you will always hit the most progressed gen maximizing its value, something that Pop does not have the luxury of. I wanted to know what other peoples opinions were.

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Pain Res is fine, imo.

Incredibly frustrating to go against when your in a team that tends to go down every few seconds, but otherwise fine.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    edited October 2022

Unpopular opinion: pain res shouldn't remove gen progress if a survivor let go from the gen as killer is hooking.

Let's say I know that the killer has pain resonance. I work on the gen, the killer hooks someone else, I get punished by having 15% gen progress removed.

Now let's say I know the killer has pain resonance BUT I quickly stop working on the gen as the killer is hooking. Do I deserve 15% progress being removed?

• NomiNomad

If that's what the perk did, I wouldn't even make it a Scourge Hook. It's already easy enough to counter the scream.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

If the killer doesn't have Dead Man's Switch, even if you don't let go from the gen and you scream, the killer can't see your location if you're screaming nor the gen exploding. Its really pointless at this point letting go from the gen or continuing working if the result is the same.

• NomiNomad

The scream still gives them a direction to go. Screams are directional (as far as I remember, I don't play with Pain Res pretty often.)

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

From my experience the perk is fine. Quite often I can't even get the value from the perk when I need it because theres no scourge hooks around, even took off my build because the inconsistency was annoying me.