Botany Knowledge

Options

Okay I want to know why does Botany Knowledge work different for COH vs Self Care. With COH it give +50% Base but with Self Care it gives +50% of the self care value. The Self Healing is the same thing and should be treated as the same. IDC which but it doesnt make sense for:

COH - 50% -> 100%

Self- Care - 35% -> 52.5%

Like it should either be

COH - 50% -> 75% with Self Care being 35% -> 52.5%

or

COH - 50% -> 100% with Self Care being 35% -> 85%

Is there a difference that I am missing between Self Caring using a boon vs Self Caring using Self Care? (And please dont just respond with something snarky about self care, I know its not a good perk and this is not about that.)

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,574
    Options

All the healing speed buffs are added up first and then the self-healing penalties imposed by SC or CoH are factored in multiplicatively. CoH increases all healing speed by 50% first (making it 150% alone), and then penalizes it at 50% for self-healing, making it 75% overall. Healing speeds with these perks are calculated in the following manner:

CoH only:

Total healing speed: 1 (default) + 0.5 (CoH) = 1.5

CoH self-heal penalty: 1.5 (0.5) = 0.75

Time to heal: 16 / 0.75 = 21.33 seconds

CoH + Botany Knowledge:

Total healing speed: 1 (default) + 0.5 (CoH) + 0.5 (BK) = 2

CoH self-heal penalty: 2 (0.5) = 1

Time to heal: 16 / 1 = 16 seconds

Self-Care only:

Total healing speed: 1 (default) = 1

SC self-heal penalty: 1 (0.35) = 0.35

Time to heal: 16 / 0.35 = 45.71 seconds

Self-Care + Botany Knowledge:

Total healing speed: 1 (default) + 0.5 (BK) = 1.5

SC self-heal penalty: 1.5 (0.35) = 0.525

Time to heal: 16 / 0.525 = 30.48 seconds

I hope this answers your question.

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422
    Options

I didnt realize that the heal bonus applied to self healing in COH. I thought you healed at 50% like old Self care. But they actually have it where you can set up a boon, with thrill of the hunt and heal with it faster than self care. That seems insane to me.