ADEPT CHALLANGES UNFAIR

Can we talk about how easy it is to get survivor adept vs killer adept?

Survivor: Just leave bro, get carried by 3 other people, or get lucky and get hatch, you can literally sandbag your team with hatch offering and just hide at shack and then leave.

Killer: Use absolutely awful perks, play a 9 hook game, no one can escape on top of that, gens cant go too fast, you have to 1 hook everyone and if anyone DC's before you hook them the challenge is forfeit. If you win the game too fast you don't get it either.

This is absolutely ridiculous!! I play both sides and I am getting infinitely frustrated. I am unsure 100% on how MMR works but I almost always play against super sweaty 4 man swf groups, which is fine, I am good enough to beat them most of the time, but this is just downright unfair.

IMO killer adept should just be get 4 kills, nothing else.

A perfect example: I was playing a game as sadoko, I managed to strangle a 3 gen at shack, played a 15 minute game constantly using call of brine to apply pressure and hooking people in the basement, I played an 11 hook game and the last survivor managed to leave out the exit game and I didn't get adept. I just don't get it.

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

Yes. Always has been, always will be. Try Adept Plague, it will be fun :) Pig and Twins are another highlight on your way to all adepts.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

At least it gets a little better if you do it right after rank reset, still doesn't excuse how absurd it is.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,486

You never get a killer adept naturally. Instead you go into a match hoping the survivors won't be much of a challenge and you start tunneling and slugging. It is all about manipulating the numbers until the game thinks you had a perfect match. Another part is that some killers like Michael Myers, Bubba, Billy, Oni and Ghostface can only go for their insta downs occasionaly or they won't get enough chasing points.

But the worst part really is that no one can escape. You need to slug them until you get them all. When I did this on Bubba and Billy after an increadible amount of failed attempts I was forced to stretch the game into oblivion. The survivors weren't mad but I was because this was not fun for either side.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 550

Adept for killers use to be just kill everyone & DC's counted as kills too.

Can't remember exactly when it changed but it was more fair before & its probably never going back at this point.

I still have a couple to get, twins (despite multiple 4ks) & a couple of others plus every new killer this year because I haven't used any of them.

Best bet is to keep going at it & try especially at rank reset the requirements for adept killer are lower in brown ranks & get harder as you rank up (again pretty unfair compared to survivors) & of course still killing survivors fast will still screw you out of it too even though that's your job!

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,725

As the achievement is still technically possible (because Merciless Killer still exists) BHVR will have a hell of a hard time changing them on consoles.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited October 2022

I don't know about that.

I don't think getting adept achievement on survivor is as simple as "get carried".

I think some killer adepts are unfair, but not particularly because survivor is easier. Some killer adepts are harder than others because of bad perks, you also have to get a grasp of the killer's gameplay, and not all killers have an easy time maxing out all emblems to double pip.

However double pipping as killer is often linked to things you have agency over : after a few games, you can see where you're lacking, and adjust accordingly. Adept survivors can be lost very easily for reasons outside of the player's control : bad teammates, camping/tunneling/afk killers, or the game being too tight to make risky/rewarding plays.

So I'd say both are equally hard and frustrating for different reasons.

For your trouble, maybe your current rank is making it difficult to double pip ? I got adept Legion yesterday in just a couple of games, with one person getting hatch, because my rank was still bronze and therefore easier to pip.

• lunumbra
    lunumbra Member Posts: 23

You can easily go into the matchmaking discord and be like "hey guys can you help me get adept x survivor" and people will literally throw the games so you can escape, I got all of my adept survivors in one game after another over the course of an hour. It really is that easy.

I would say that all killer adepts are unfair unless the killer has a really strong power (nurse,blight,wesker), there are a lot of older killers that haven't been updated that are borderline impossible to play in boon meta (pig, wraith, meyers) and you lose points when survivors heal, and if you go to try and find the boon, you can lose a gen easily, which ends up losing you points on gatekeeper.

You can play a game where you are constantly chasing survivors, hooking, ending chases in 15 seconds, and keeping a good tempo and play perfectly, and you will lose and not get adept. Macro game is very important, you have to pressure gens, you have to have map pressure, and not every single killer can do that with their base kit perks.

My rank definitely isn't helping either, im iri 1 killer and I typically play late at night which seems to put me against very very good survivors.

I guess I just need to wait until rank reset and play during the day when the kiddos get out of school and sandbag against really bad players.....

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Oh haven't seen this discussion pop up in a few months. Well to reiterate they've never been fair and it seems bhvr is fine with this so they likely never will be fair.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Why cant noone escape? I made adept several times when one guy escaped.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

They are harder but they are not unfair, every player can attempt them and face the same exact challenge. A Survivor main will have the same exact problems doing them than a Killer main or a 50% player, the exact same hardships for every single player.

It would be unfair if the game were to detect you are a Survivor main and lowers the bar for the achievement but it isnt the case.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

I've not had trouble adepting my killers. Hardest one so far was twins and it still only took like 4 games. Did plague first time. Granted it is definitely harder than survivor adepts. But all you need is one less than high skill team and generally you can shred them and get that merciless. And mmr is pretty busted so even high mmr killers get the odd weak team thrown at them.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

Don’t know why this has to be a survivor vs killer topic when it could just be about how adept killer challenges have unnecessary hard requirements.

it’s an asymmetric game, survivor and killer gameplay and achievements are not supposed to be equal and making survivor adepts same way (requiring +2 pips) wouldn’t be a good solution at all.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I don't really get your argument for survivor adepts being much easier. Adepts are achievements you're meant to get playing the game somewhat naturally. You're saying survivor is easier because you can cheese it by asking good players to powerlevel you ? That's... not really the spirit of the achievement in my opinion.

That's why I think survivor and killer adepts are mostly just as hard. I don't count cheese haha !

Though I do agree that some killers are very much harder to get adepts on than others, and therefore much harder than survivor adepts. I tried for Wraith the other day and quickly gave up. My first attempt at Ghostface was very bad. And I still haven't gotten Hag because I can't seem to keep my perks all game haha !

• RuthlessDecay
    RuthlessDecay Member Posts: 37

Play defensively, but know when to play aggressively and you’ll get them done. The killer adepts aren’t hard. You simply aren’t experienced enough as killer.

It’s why playing survivor is vastly more popular in comparison. killer has a higher learning curve.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

they should change adept killer to get 4 kills.

they could also make it so you can run another perk ontop of the 3 from the adept. killers like ghostie could have corrupt, killers like blight could run penti, motion sick people could run shadowborn to play the game and also to override monitor on doc.

and then survivor being able to have either otr or ds on everyone, coh, bt, adrenaline, etc.

survivor doesnt need it but killer definitely does since its an instant loss to play some killers without slowdown, and with 3 perks that likely do nothing

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Do Freddy. 2 Perks are for endgame, where u already lost the adept with Remember Me and Blood Warden and Fire Up only helps minor.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

don't start me on Twins, i tried for hours, nearly FLAWLESS game, but the last survivor managed to escape and i didn't get the adept.

Plague went easy for me, but it's because people play like headless chickens vs her, but god, Twins are a curse, Pig is something i won't even attempt, completely useless perks

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

Killer role definitely don’t need it either. It’s perfectly achievable as is.

Or at that point they could just make it „play one match as the killer“…

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,038

Honestly, before the change from Ranks to Grades, I agreed. But since you get set back to Ash IV after Grade Reset, I dont really think it is an issue at all. Just wait with your Adept until Grade Reset and it is also really easy to get as Killer.

I consider escaping harder than getting a Double Pip as Killer in Ash-Ranks.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

No need for drama, killer's adepts are just a little harder, but also more fun. Survivors adepts are completely luck based and often frustrating (when you need just to escape, but cannot do this 15 times in a row).

In that case, Rank 1 survivor is hundred times more unfair than Rank 1 killer. Many many survivor achievements are disgustingly unfair and unfun (take one for the team, left for dead, outbreak breakout, etc)

As a person who did them all, I could say that killer adepts are OK, also helps understand killer and mechanics, and teaches not to camp and tunnel.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

I have kinda given up with 100% completion on Steam as there are killers I am unlikely to ever play let alone to the point I can get adept.

So far the hardest for me has been Myers... he has zero pressure early game and using his power results in not enough chase points. No gen control with a slow early game was just painful... I got it in the end with Scratched Mirror on Lery's but boy it was rough