Is the game purposely trying to lower your MMR if it goes up a lot?

HeavenRoad
HeavenRoad Member Posts: 78
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

Ive been using safe builds to escape a lot recently, I just came back to the game like a week ago and it feels like my mmr was reset, survivors in my games were atrociously bad.

Now my mmr has gotten a lot higher in a week and whats now happening is that I will get 1-2 survivors that are COMPLETELY out of their MMR, every game.

Like I just died in the last game and one dude had 95 hours(I have 1600, and trust me with old rank system he would have been like rank 17 or something) and I get a lot of players that play terrible, dc early etc.

Is the game trying to purposely lower my MMR? As if soloQ wasnt enough pain already.

I know I'm not the only one who realized we get some very bad players in high elo games that have nothing to do there.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited October 2022

Survivor MMR is more of a guideline than a rule, actually more of a suggestion. As it's only based on escapes/deaths, it's not directly tied to player skill in any way.

A bit more can be said for killers in which, as an average of kills/escapes, it does more of less represent a skill baseline. But when survivors who play well can die while their potato team mates can live, it means basically nothing.

What this means is, you can have survivors at your high MMR, who got there 'legitimately', but are still bad survivors. They got carried. And you simply cannot tell what your survivor MMR is by judging the quality of your team mates from a couple of random games. You'd have an easier job trying to gauge your MMR from the skill of the killers you face.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Exactly, the way survivor mmr is gained is lossed need's to be changed. It's just not a good representation of skill.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

MMR is very loose nowadays. It is more luck of the draw than anything.