Options
D34D_B34TB0X
D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 371

Out of these 3 killers...

Which Killer should have Voice Lines? 39 votes

Amanda Young (Pig) - "I wanna play a game..." "Game over..."
7%
HellDescentBothSidesEnjoyerJonathanByers 3 votes
Ghostface, with THE voice of course - "What's your favorite scary movie...?" "Hello, Haddie..."
20%
FreddoMarc_go_soloGuiltiiHex_iButtAurelleValaryynNilli02Actualbug2005 8 votes
Freddy Krueger, if they replace 2010s with the Classic - "Welcome to Prime Time, *****!!!"
71%
luvcraftSpacingLlamasTaigatenoresaxRobotfangirl67TatariuFilthyLegionMainElcopollodugmanTeabaggingGhostfaceFobboIlliterateGenocidedarkcloudlinkAlex_Thusly_BonedDredgenWar237SmoeBeoltharLittle_KittenCybil 28 votes

Comments

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options
    Freddy Krueger, if they replace 2010s with the Classic - "Welcome to Prime Time, *****!!!"

I would have voted ghostface, but the ghostface in dbd is an entirely new character, so i don't think the voicelines would fit

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

None. I hate the Killers talking.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

I don't really like the killers talking, its feels annoying. and kind of like trash talking.

and i prefer Amanda to have quite squeaks.

but if anyone. freddy

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    Options

Ghost Face lines wouldn't really work, seeing as this Ghost Face, Danny Johnson, isn't defined by his often speaking like Billy or Stu. Some minor lines form Toben Bell as Jigsaw to play over Pig matches would be lit as hell, but Freddy lines? Hell yeah, though, I want to note: I want Jackie's voice as base.

Many fans, I, and even Robert Englund himself honestly believe Jackie did an amazing job as Freddy despite the terrible script and bad effects. Having his lines from the reboot would help that movie more cement itself as a permanent part of the game, as well as giving Jackie another chance to shine as Freddy. I'd personally prefer his base and bloody prestige outfits (alongside a hypothetical human-looking outfit) have Jackie's voice, then a set of Legendaries: one for Robert's Freddy and one for Demon Freddy from New Nightmare, each have unique lines done by Englund.

• Lamoore
    Lamoore Member Posts: 73
    Options

None... I don't want survivors or killers to talk... I hate it.

• Zeita
    Zeita Member Posts: 70
    edited November 2022
    Options

if we want it we have to scream at the developers and make are voices Heard. also the Lalla By should be (1 2 Freddys coming for you) but only in the Dream World when hes Far Away as an alt proxy music. when freddy gets stunned he could say "didnt yourr Mother tell you to respect your elders?" or even "you can run but i know were your going" when picking up a surviver he could say "lets go for a little Ride B!tch" and even "looks like its Game Over for you Kiddo" something more in character for the 1980s originals. and even adding a mori Line to such as " Docter freddy called he wants his Heart Back ah ha haaa" what made freddy so creepy is the visual joy and comedic jokes he took when killing people. it really showed that he was a crazy Lunitic. in the Remake he was more Serious like normal guy out for revenge and not the Histarical evil maniace he was created to be https://youtu.be/2bHlfikzX04?t=9 lines like this as an example. https://youtu.be/rvpFERo3ZnA?t=161 they took the mori from the 2010 Remake. https://youtu.be/dyseBOANybQ?t=65 i personally like the more creative and Comedic physco kills from the originals

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options

Scream's Ghostfaces don't ever speak on-screen unless they are about to unmask themselves. All the talking is usually done over the phone, when we don't actually see the killer. And while Danny is a brand new character, who doesn't necessarily share universe OR methods of intimidation with Scream characters, I don't think he'd talk when "in character" either. So I feel like him having voicelines wouldn't be fitting, akin to Myers.

Amanda isn't much of a talker in Pig costume either, although I think it would be neat as hell if they rerecorded her basekit sounds with Shawnee Smith. And maybe they could also add some lines by Tobin Bell to boxes, where (lore-wise) Entity would imitate John's voice to taunt and intimidate survivors (like in Saw Tome trailer).

Now, Freddy, on the other hand, talks quite a bit. Both original and reboot versions. His taunting of the victims is kinda part of what makes him so iconic. So him having only a laughing track is pretty much a disservice to the character. And even though I disliked pretty much everything about the reboot (apart from Quentin), I would agree with @DredgenWar237 that if BHVR were to add voicelines - Haley (or a good impersonator, if he refuses) deserves to have his go for the default and maybe they could get Englund for a legendary skin.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    edited November 2022
    Options

Robert Englund's Freddy with voice lines would be about as good as it gets. The fact that the current Freddy is essentially silent is like only having a fraction of the character. His mouth is one of his defining characteristics.

If you could choose only one killer - not just in DBD but in the horror meta - that should have voice lines it would be him.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

None of them, I don't like characters having voice lines :/