Any fun builds for survivor or killer ideas?

Options

Just looking to have some fun with new builds, so any ideas are welcome ones with synergy or just fun are super duper welcome.

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,522
    Options

Well IDK if it would be any fun but

Survivor:

The (I call it) stand by me build:

Prove Thyself- increases Gen repair speed when 2 or more Survivors are repairing a Gen

Leader- increases other action speeds (Healing, Cleansing Totems, Opening Chests and Gates)

Vigil- decreases the time of Exhaustion (and other things)

That Jonah perk that helps with missed skillchecks (I forgotten what it was called)- cause if you can hit Greats then it help with that one Survivor whom misses a lot (also synergizes with Prove Thyself... Maybe)

Killer:

The (I call it) Observer build:

Fire Up- Increases action speed for each Gen completed (this is a perk that I didn't know what else would work so... IDK take your pick)

TOTH- Totem Counter... to see if the Survivors cleanse all 5 Totems (I don't know if Blessing counts though)

Discordance- To see if 2 or more Survivors get on a Gen

Whispers- Get knowledge on if there are Survivors around you

Typically I play Wraith when I do this... and I don't come out of Cloak all that much

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    edited October 2022
    Options

I know a couple youtubers that do irregular or interesting builds. Twoknee does Killer and Demi for Survivor (he plays both but primarily Survivor).

To offer a few vids of builds I've tried or want to try:

Stealth Huntress, Infinite Aura Survivor, Survivor with Underrated perks and Stealth Bubba

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

My favorite build is Quick and Quiet, Head on, Flash bang, Blastmine. I am looking to annoy the killer as much as possible.

Another fun iteration of the build is to use red herring instead of flash bang. And you basically torment the killer with notifcations until he eats the blastmine.

If you like to inflict psychological torment you can try your luck with a deception based Q&Q/head on build. In this one instead of running around the loop once and jumping in the locker with Q&Q, you run the loop twice. Deception the first time around, and then jump in the locker the second time around. The better you get with this build, the more killers will try to end your life prematurely.

Iron will is also very strong with any head on/Q&Q builds, it can be hard to try and get use of the Q&Q when you are injured, but iron will gives you a much better chance of fooling the killer.

• Cleverotter
    Cleverotter Member Posts: 128
    Options

Spirit fury, enduring, nemesis, rancor. If someone stuns you in the endgame they just die

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Empathy, sprint burst, vigil autodidact. I call it combat medic

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

I just went up against a Nemesis with a clever build.

He had Overcharge, Dragon's Grip, Eruption and, crucially.. Trail of Torment.

The gen he kicks is lit up for everyone. If they go to take the bait, they're exposed and may mess up the Overcharge skill check. If they leave it alone, it regresses faster and faster, and he keeps his Undetectable. If he's feeling particularly cheeky, he hides close by and waits for the trap to spring.

It was Rotten Fields, so he could only be so clever, but I liked the idea.

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    Options

Thank you all, I'm lacking creativity and just don't know what I want to use anymore, so I appreciate all the cool builds I don't really like doing a randomizer as it's pretty mediocre so I hope you don't mind me stealing ideas lol it's nice seeing all the builds as I definitely can see myself trying out a lot of them.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

That Jonah perk is called corrective action.

To op I always have fun with a stealth build

Iron will

Lightweight

Fixated

Lithe

I also like Totems builds

Inner Strength

Overzealous

Counterforce

Detectives Hunch/Clairvoyance

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    edited October 2022
    Options

I'm glad your build is the same as my favorite build!

It actually draws attention to me in a legitimate way that BM does not. The more killer frustrate me, the less likely I am to survive, but the more I increase the escape rate for the other three!

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233
    Options

One I ended up using in my last games was Overzealous, Counterforce, Clairvoyance, and Open-Handed just for the totem cleansing challenge in the rift. Ended up the last survivor in the first game, and found hatch, and I had Rookie Spirit on instead of Open-Handed (because I chose a perk at random).

The combo I did for the pallet challenge: Power Struggle, Parental Guidance, Smash Hit, and Windows of Opportunity.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Trapper

bring the addons:

1-to start with all your traps with you but you can't pick them up

2-every 30 seconds a trap is activated by itself

Place 1 trap right below both exit gate switch and thats it, never place any other trap

Build: No Way Out, remember me, Terminus and another one of your choice (maybe Pentimento)

If all go well opening the gates will be hell

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,314
    Options

Will take a long time to master but its such a under rated build, fi you can make a 7k+ hour Huntress struggle with this you'll make anyone struggle.

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143
    Options

I love playing pinhead with the chatterers tooth and the impaling wires and sending myself to lérys. Esp with DMS its quite fun.

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    edited October 2022
    Options

First time I've seen this streamer but have to admit I don't like the way he's in such disbelief a survivor outplayed him. Accusing Bill of cheating when he was literally only using Lightweight to escape chases up until Kate was slugged and Low Profile kicked in. People need to understand there is ALWAYS someone better at you at EVERYTHING, and that's okay.

Also at 19:27 the streamer claims he managed to lose Spirit because of the flashbang when in reality he dropped the flashbang, was chased for 40 seconds and then led Spirit to another survivor working on a Gen. To be fair this was unintentional but don't then claim you lost the killer because of your skill lol.

Other than those gripes the guy seems like a chill and cool dude. I also agree Lightweight is an incredible perk. I use it all the time with Lithe, Windows and Quick & Quiet.

Edit: He also facecamped the Bill to death on first Hook. Not cool man

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,314
    Options

I don't agree with all of the video, but was just pointing out a hidden op build if played right.

I like Coconut as he is a huntress main, his sniper montages is just god like, im not a surv main but just thought someone good might pick up this odd build.

This is why i watch his vids.

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570
    Options

For surv my favorite build is: Boon Shadow Step, Overcome, Windows of Opportunity and Bite the Bullet.

very fun helps with knowing which pallets u can use, and the killer is always thrown off by the scratch marks.

the “Hoarder” build for surv as well: Ace in the Hole, built to last, plunderers’ instinct and Appraisal.

for killer I’ve been using the same build for my main man Ghostface for the longest time (also got the longest win streak with it)

Barbecue and Chilli, Fire Up, No Way Out and Save the Best. Its not “meta” by any means but its fun and allows u to take ur time with strats. (Dunno if its good on every killer tho)

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    Options

No I get it, that's completely fair. I will definitely watch more of his videos. Just wanted to share my opinion on the Bill video.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,344
    edited October 2022
    Options

Sneaky/Spooky Artist

Deathbound, Hex: Plaything, Hex: Retribution, Hysteria

Rescuer Hunter Spirit

Furtive Chase, Nemesis, Make Your Choice, Lethal Pursuer (or you can Rancor or Grim Embrace).