Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is this normal?

Yesterday and today, the whole day I have ping issues. I dont know if its me or something DBD server-y. I went into a survivor game just so I can see my ping (since I cant as killer) and I see everyones ping is rather high and above 100. Mine in particular, so much so that I cant do skill checks properly. Is this just me thats having problems or is anyone else having ping problems? And are there any helps, ideas or fixes or anything I can do?

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,712

I had the odd match where everyone got high pings but it’s super rare for me

maybe server issues in your region?

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 130

Yeah, its odd. It was the whole day yesterday, and I didnt wanna really waste a lot of time, but its today as well. High pings and lag. I literally would just click like the A and D button, while i stay in place for just a step, and I'd teleport to Narnia cuz of lag.

When I went to survivor games, I saw everyone had unusually high pings as well. Mine is usually around 60ms. So I wonder if its something with my EU server. Shame really

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

I've had many days where my ping is well over 100 since Wesker dropped, I'll switch to fortnite and it's 30 so it's definitely something dbd related.

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 130

Must be something dbd related. Granted for me it wasnt since Wesker drop, but more since this recent patch.I just wish I could see bad ping in my lobby, so I know not to go into a game laggy and lose pips. Like I know I can see when its in the red zone that it shows, but even when its yellow zone, it still trips me up. And that in game symbol that I have a bad connection trips me up and affects my gameplay mentally. Like, seriously game, I dont need a symbol to show me if Im lagging or not, im seeing it