The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are the legion the most evil?

2»

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@ToxicFengM1n said:
    Who killed the most people to enter the realm?

Evan apparently. 200 (Or more) People, dead.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Shad03 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

that means Evan is the most evil, in the lore you are more susceptible to the entity, the more you kill, the more susceptible to the entity you are

• Shad03

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Shad03 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

that means Evan is the most evil, in the lore you are more susceptible to the entity, the more you kill, the more susceptible to the entity you are

Except for Rin, she was cut up. The Entity saw an opportunity and took her instead.

Side note, why is Amanda the only female killer with 115 movement?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Shad03 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Shad03 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

Except for Rin, she was cut up. The Entity saw an opportunity and took her instead.

Side note, why is Amanda the only female killer with 115 movement?

yeah, and it was the zalgo thing and I swear I regret everything, but amanda is shorter than the others and rin is wounded

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    What exactly is "evil" in terms of DBD killers? All of them kill which is evil. Only difference is some killers do it for fun while other killers got forced or do it because they can't control their anger or boredom.
  • Circlesho
    Circlesho Member Posts: 22

@rj1567 said:
    No killer except the Trapper and Doctor got tortured into submission. All other killers still look very human like or fitting to their lore. I still would say that then Clown is the most evil one as he enjoyed killing he did it as a hobby

This is definitely untrue. It's generally accepted that any original character that either was A)) physically warped by the entity, and/or B)) was given an otherworldly power by the entity was tortured into killing.

Philip Ojomo- You can tell by his wooden skin and voice, as well as his obvious reluctance to killing, as well as his ability being completely entity-fueled, that he was horribly tortured by the entity, probably the most of them all.
    Sally Smithson- Hers is a little vague, but I think she was tortured. The murders she commited in life were done as a mercy to tortured mentally ill people, her power is definitely given by the entity, and the devs confirmed she feels pain whenever she uses it. She doesn't want to torture, as the entity's realm does, she wants to mercy kill. If she actually killed the survivors, they would be free of pain, given mercy by her hand. I don't think she would at all willingly go along with an extensive torture session by the entity.
    Evan MacMillan- This is an odd one. The only real evidence we have for his torture are his backstory and looks. He is very obviously scarred; steel sticking out of his body, heavy scars, and the fact that in his lore he originally never wanted to kill, but was forced to by his father. I think the entity played the same role, as the entity does with many killers (think bubba).
    Herman Carter- This is the one I've seen the most disagreement with. I don't think he was tortured at all. As the entity does, I think it assumed the role of Stamper with the CIA, where they gifted him boundless devices to use however he felt on his victims. In his lore, near the end of his natural life, he had been very very focused on learning the secrets of mind control in his shock victims. I think that the entity's world is just his own institution, free reign to torture his subjects and then study its affects and their reactions. His appearance is... garish, and suggesting he was tortured, but I think near the end of his natural life he inflicted that upon himself in order to study first hand the effects and effectiveness of his methods. Best way to summarize it from his point of view, "To understand it, I have to experience it".

• Circlesho
    Circlesho Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2019

Here's what I think about which who and what killers were tortured by the entity. It's generally accepted that any killer with garish physical deformities and/or supernatural powers were tortured into killing. The entity also often assumes the role of abusers in a killer's natural life, in order to coerce them easily into killing.

Philip Ojomo- The most obvious one; his skin is woody and his voice is harsh. As a person, he only accidentally killed an innocent in his life and then did good by killing those who forced him to kill. He can't do that with the entity, but it can force his hand. He was given a power that connects in no way to his life with the bell, and you can clearly see both his reluctance and his torture.

Evan MacMillan- As the entity does, it assumed the role of his father, torturing him until he started killing again. He never wanted to be a mass murderer, but his father, and the entity, really did. You can see the clear wounds on him; the steel sticking out of his body, and his numerous scars.

Sally Smithson- Probably tortured. 1) She doesn't enjoy torture, she only kills as a mercy for those going through great suffering (like with the mentally ill patients of the asylum). I think she definitely did not willingly choose to adhere to the entity's demands, because instead of mercy killing she is just straight up participating in a continuous, infinite torture spree where both her and the survivors find no escape. 2) Her power is definitely unnatural. Not only does it not connect to her natural life, the devs confirmed she feels great pain whenever she uses it.

Herman Carter- This is my most widely disputed topic, but I don't think the doctor was tortured in the slightest. In his life, he willingly went above and beyond to research the effects of over-extensive electro-shock therapy on unwilling subjects. As his lore states, before he was taken, he was studying the effects of est to potentially induce mind control. The entity here acts Stamper and the CIA, gifting him endless tools so that he could continue serving their goals. The entity specifically beefed his shocks up in an unnatural way, and you can tell by his voice in game that he takes great delight in the game, giggling every moment. The "wounds" on his face I think are self inflicted, in that, "you can only know it if you've experienced it", probably self inflicting shock therapy in order to study first-hand its effects on the mind.

That's the way I see it. I think there's some argument that max thompson may have been tortured, but I think he is completely deranged and socio/psychopathic with no regard but pleasure in other's torture. I don't think he took much convincing.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

@PigNRun said:
    The thing with Spirit and Freddy is that they are not fueled by being evil, its vengance.

Clown is still the most evil one out of everyone. He has an entire modus operandi. Even his description states how he let go of Benedict Baker because he prefers his victims to be unaware of his presence.

The way I see Legion, or Frank more like, is an early Clown. Not fully evil just yet, but eventually he will.

Myers, honestly, he may be evil, but he just kills. He gets no satisfaction out of it, I think? Clown does, he is a sadist.

i think Myers does get something out of it. the way he tilts his head and sets up things to scare his victims (like when he laid out a body in front of Judith's tombstone on a bed or from the new film where he makes a jack-o-lantern out of a human head). if he got nothing from it then there would be no point in him doing it. if he didn't care he wouldn't wear a mask, he wouldn't admire his kills and he wouldn't go out of his way to scare people. at least i think so anyway.

• rj1567
    rj1567 Member Posts: 50

@Circlesho said:

@rj1567 said:
    No killer except the Trapper and Doctor got tortured into submission. All other killers still look very human like or fitting to their lore. I still would say that then Clown is the most evil one as he enjoyed killing he did it as a hobby

This is definitely untrue. It's generally accepted that any original character that either was A)) physically warped by the entity, and/or B)) was given an otherworldly power by the entity was tortured into killing.

Philip Ojomo- You can tell by his wooden skin and voice, as well as his obvious reluctance to killing, as well as his ability being completely entity-fueled, that he was horribly tortured by the entity, probably the most of them all.
    Sally Smithson- Hers is a little vague, but I think she was tortured. The murders she commited in life were done as a mercy to tortured mentally ill people, her power is definitely given by the entity, and the devs confirmed she feels pain whenever she uses it. She doesn't want to torture, as the entity's realm does, she wants to mercy kill. If she actually killed the survivors, they would be free of pain, given mercy by her hand. I don't think she would at all willingly go along with an extensive torture session by the entity.
    Evan MacMillan- This is an odd one. The only real evidence we have for his torture are his backstory and looks. He is very obviously scarred; steel sticking out of his body, heavy scars, and the fact that in his lore he originally never wanted to kill, but was forced to by his father. I think the entity played the same role, as the entity does with many killers (think bubba).
    Herman Carter- This is the one I've seen the most disagreement with. I don't think he was tortured at all. As the entity does, I think it assumed the role of Stamper with the CIA, where they gifted him boundless devices to use however he felt on his victims. In his lore, near the end of his natural life, he had been very very focused on learning the secrets of mind control in his shock victims. I think that the entity's world is just his own institution, free reign to torture his subjects and then study its affects and their reactions. His appearance is... garish, and suggesting he was tortured, but I think near the end of his natural life he inflicted that upon himself in order to study first hand the effects and effectiveness of his methods. Best way to summarize it from his point of view, "To understand it, I have to experience it".

The Wraith doesn't look like he was tortured at all only a little part of his head looks weird but nothing else suggests he was physically tortured I would rather say the Entity somehow convinced him to start killing or tortured him mentally but he definetly got altered by the entity in some way if we look at his eyes or the wooden looking things from his head.

The Nurse was a broken woman and mentally instable there was no real reason to torture her into submission also the wiki says this "According to the Developers, The Nurse, at the point of having strangled the Asylum patient, was "bat-######### crazy" and thus more susceptible to The Entity's corruption."

The Trapper was also tortured confirmed by the developers themselves in their streams

The Doctor vanished after he massacred everyone at the institution so he either made himself look like he does in game before he got taken or the Entity made him look like that by torture
    First i would say that the electrical wires that go through his body are unlikely to be done by himself as this would be almost impossible to do to by yourself and there was no person that would ever help him do something this strange, also from his head cosmetic which reads "Strapped in his electroconvulsive gear the Doctor is forever forced in a maniacal grin." which suggest that he isn't wearing it because he wants to.
    His eyes are also not normal and the description of his Power says: "Is it a gift or a curse? The Entity has ignited a corrupted and inexhaustible spark in the Doctors heart" what further suggests the Entity that the Entity tortured him with the things he had done to others. The possibility could be there that he received it as a "gift" but looking at all this evidence it is more likely he got tortured.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited February 2019
    It depends on how you define "evil." 

Is it evil to kill for pleasure? Or is it insanity?

My view of evil is that it is the exact reverse of unconditional love. Evil is selfless. Where the one committing the evil acts get nothing out of it, but they do it purely out of the intent to inflict misery on someone else, even at the cost of making themself miserable in the process. Self sacrifice in order to cause pain on someone else, without getting any satisfaction or pleasure in it yourself. 

That being said: who is the most evil killer? I would argue there are multiple candidates. Spirit, Nurse, Micheal. These three don't seem to take any pleasure in killing. They do it purely out of compulsion or malice. They harm others simply for the sake of causing harm to others. Like a force of nature. Indiscriminate and driven by cold, uncaring processes.
  • Shad03

@TheHourMan said:
    It depends on how you define "evil." 

Is it evil to kill for pleasure? Or is it insanity?

My view of evil is that it is the exact reverse of unconditional love. Evil is selfless. Where the one committing the evil acts get nothing out of it, but they do it purely out of the intent to inflict misery on someone else, even at the cost of making themself miserable in the process. Self sacrifice in order to cause pain on someone else, without getting any satisfaction or pleasure in it yourself. 

That being said: who is the most evil killer? I would argue there are multiple candidates. Spirit, Nurse, Micheal. These three don't seem to take any pleasure in killing. They do it purely out of compulsion or malice. They harm others simply for the sake of causing harm to others. Like a force of nature. Indiscriminate and driven by cold, uncaring processes.

Spirit is a vengeful soul who kills because she was promised that she would get her vengeance. Nurse lost her mind and is forced to kill for the Entity. Michael is evil incarnate, he kills because that is all he knows what to do. Out of the three of them, the Spirit and Nurse are probably the less evil.

The two most evil in the game would be The Shape and The clown. The Clown relishes in killing, and was even rewarded in being able to keep his horse in the Fog.

• Spork
    Spork Member Posts: 122

Who's to say the Entity doesn't torture people mentally. It could also threaten, bribe, or trick them into submission.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    I find Myers most "evil". 
  • BOOBERELLA
    BOOBERELLA Member Posts: 9

@Jackard said:
    Other than the clown that got rewarded with Maurice the horse, are the legion the most evil killers in the game? All other killers have visible torture to convince them to work for the entity (excluding licensed killers) and yet none of the legion seem to have this.

NOOOOOO its definitely Michael or the Clown!!

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

@PigNRun said:

@Justicar said:
    The's Shape's ability is literally called Evil Within.

Yet its not called "The Most Evil Within". Feels more like... Lesser Evil Within.

Lesser Evil Within at EW1, EW3 Is "The Most Evil Within", Fragrant tuft of hair is "Always the Most Evil Within".

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

The Legion Quartet were more hooligans than anything else. All they wanted was to escape their little town. One guy died by accident (sorta) so now they became killers in the Entity's Realm. Perhaps the Entity saw that they could be used, and took them.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

Not a chance. Legion fell into it, they'd only killed one person before being taken, and it was mostly out of panic.

Doctor and Clown are probably the most evil original characters. Clown is sick to the core, that's just who he is.

Doctor is obviously completely without empathy, seeing people as nothing more than test subjects, but he's also been shown to be sadistic, giggling to himself while he tortures people. His addons also have a lot of hidden lore in them that describe how much utter contempt he has. The only way in which he might be sympathetic is that he's clearly suffering in his own madness, even going so far as to put himself in a coma with his own power. But the devs have clarified, the equptment that the Doctor wears, was not put on him by the Entity. Based on the descriptions of various cosmetics, it's likely the Doctor put them on himself. The Entity has done nothing to him but provide him with the means and subjects to continue his experiments, and possibly awakened a madness already inside him.

Even Evan Macmillian was a mass-murderer before he was taken. You could say it may have been entity influence that drove him to kill in the first place, but the same could go for Legion.

I would put Legion between Wraith and Hillbilly on the Evil scale, it's not that they ever wanted to kill, it's just what they do now. In their own words: "There's no getting out of this now, we're too good at it."

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    edited April 2019

He's refereed to as Joe occasionally in the Bio, implying he goes by both names.

I'd like to play him, but I can't get over how stupid his pants look sadly.

Also please help I don't know how to quote properly.

• Shad03

@BlackMercury

Sigh, how many times do I have to do this?

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221
    edited April 2019

OP's avatar is Freddy Krueger: Dream demon, mass murderer, and child molestor. I would consider shanking a janitor rather less evil than that.

• VADtoys
    VADtoys Member Posts: 2

Where do you get specifics like Wraith being choked on mud and stuff? I love the lore for this game but it's all so incredibly hard to find.

Also for those saying Huntress kills just to kill, I don't think so. Anna is just territorial. The Entity probably just gave her a calm place and told her to keep people out.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    If we're ranking this on evil.

I'm going to move Micheal and Freddy to one side and wrap them up quickly because they're pretty much no brainers their stories don't hide the fact that they are evil.

Well I would put Freddy above Michael sorry for the fact that he's a pedo so not only does he enjoyed it killing but he does get some sexual pleasure from the stuff he does the kids.

As for Michael just seems to kill for the sake of being a killer however Michael does  seem to have some restraint that matter as he has been shown to not kill certain people.

Next is probably Clown.
    Probably the entity's favourite. I would have him a psychopath rather than the sociopath as he doesn't seem to have an adverse amount of childhood trauma.

He is definitely sadistic doesn't seem to have any qualms with kill even laughing when he hurts people. 

Next up Herman "the doctor" Carter.
    Well he is also very sadistic and like clown I don't think he takes pleasure in killing people he seems to be more entertained by the act of torture but just so happens to go overboard.

He's one of the killers who didn't immediately go along with The Entity, well I personally feel like it was more because he didn't care about the entity's game and cared more about his experiments until The Entity forced him to comply than through any compassion for survivors.
    Well I still consider him an evil bastard I don't think he's very murderous.

Evan MacMillan.
    I debated on whether I should put him above the doctor as I said for the most part Herman isn't really murderous.

However from Evan's backstory it seems more like his instance of Killing was just him snapping rather than him going overboard on torture.

Before snapping he was just a massive ######### and he probably got that from his father and as I said before he snapped so I could somewhat excuse him still a cold-hearted bastard but a lot less sadistic and malicious than Herman despite the fact that he probably raked in a higher body count.

Huntress is difficult to place on one hand she has the mental age of a child however on the other hand she hunts for sport and fun. 

No real desire to kill outside of that. But her immense enjoyment for killing humans is definitely higher on the evil scale.

Amanda is next up this is where we're going to start the into the hole I don't necessarily think these people are evil they just have issues that got exploited by entity.

If anyone seen saw they would know that  Amanda has deep personal issues and is ruled by emotion.

Her main reasoning for putting people in unwinnable traps was simply because she saw herself as someone who didn't change so for that no one else could.

Keep in mind she was showing off as an example of John"s method working. Her relapsing into self-destructive habits basically just affirmed herself doubt. When dragged into the entities realm to cope with it she's simply perceive it perceived it as John's legacy for her.

Legion this is going to be the most annoying so it's trying to get through this quickly.

In general there nothing more than petty hoodlums.

Their first and most prevalent document and kill was more out of panic and impulse rather than genuine desire to hurt people.

Some showing hesitation or outright refusal to do it however it does seem that all of them have just adjusted and are going along the flow now

Hag and Spirit.
    These two both made a pact of The Entity in their moment of need and desperation to gain revenge on the people who can't them.

So I feel like they do what they do less out of a desire to kill and more out of a obligation.

Billy due to his upbringing I can't really blame his actions he just seems to be very angry and hostile due to the conditions he was raised in.

Bubba is very mentally stable. So it's pretty hard to blame him for his actions when in the grand scheme of things he doesn't know better

Bubba even in the movies never seem to be generally evil more just the product of being surrounded by evil people telling him to do evil things.

He seems to listen more out of fear than genuinely agreeing with the actions same goes for he action when stuck In The Entity's realm 

Plague overtly and rather blindly Devoted To The Entity seeing it as a god of us killing to appease it.

Not necessarily evil just a little narrow-minded and sheep like.

Wraith genuinely was a good guy even though he was working for shady people who prefer just to keep its head down and just make money.

In the end he ended up snapping and becoming killing a killer.

Nurse another story of just snapping however she is the only killer to date to actually show any sort of compassion or empathy towards the survivors she kills.

Not a complete monster just similar with the wraith doing what The Entity tells her but just with a little bit more compassion

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Or, NeA iS tHe MeAnEsT sUrViVoR

Truth be told, Amanda, Bubba, Wraith, Nurse, and Hag MIGHT be least evil killers?

Definitely Bubba, since he was forced by his deranged family to kill for them, and even went through guilt trips for his family AND for his killings.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

sure

• SmaugMyte
    SmaugMyte Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019

I personally divide the Killers in 3 groups (I'll leave the licenced killers out of it):

The ones that made a deal with the Entity:

These Killers are the ones that upon death in the real world made a deal with the Entity. The Spirit, the Hag and the Plague are in this category. Spirit and Hag accepted to do the Entity's bidding in exchange for vengence against her father and the cannibals that held her captive respectively. The Plague prayed the Gods to survive after being fatally infected, and the Entity responded and offered her salvation in exchange of doing it's work. The Entity most likey deceives the Plague by disguising as one of the ancient Gods she believes in.

The ones that had to be tortured by the Entity to get them to work:

These Killers didn't wanted to do the Entity's bidding and had to be tortured in order to be convinced. The Trapper, the Wraith and the Nurse are in this category. Everybody knows the Trapper has being tortured by just looking at his hooks and metal pieces pierced through his back and shoulders. The Devs recently stated in their latest lore-based stream that it was the Entity to choke the Nurse with a pillowcase and most likely the Wraith was tortured too since he was against killing in real life and has a great amount of bandages and scars.

The ones that accepted to work for the Entity willingly:

These Killers accepted willingly to kill for the Entity because they just enjoy killing. The Doctor, the Huntress, the Legion, the Clown and the Hillbilly are in this category. The Hillbilly is just a deranged individual that knows nothing but violence and killing due to his childhood. We all know the Clown and the Doctor killed a lot of people before being taken by the Entity and you can see in game how sadistic these 2 seems to be when hitting the Survivors with electricity/tonic. The Huntress is similar to the Hillbilly, as she doesn't know any better than killing after by being raised in a complete isolated envirorment. She probably has severe mental retardation as she behaves like a child in a adult body. I also think that after their first kill the Legion is completely mentally gone and all of them are now willing to keep killing anyone.

So to reply to your question yes, I think the Legion is among the most evil ones, but they may not be the absolute most evil because "things" like the Nightmare and the Shape are into the game too. It's also confirmed that Ghostface really likes killing too and that Leatherface kills out of fear and not evilness. I honestly don't have a clear image about the Pig, but I don't consider her purely evil.

Post edited by SmaugMyte on