If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Tome Challenges Failing to Progress

Options

I had this several times in the Halloween tome, but it's now started happening with Tome 13 as well.

Match events sometimes do not register on tome challenges; I've experienced it with escapes, cleansing totems, and co-op time. Strangely, other things can pick up the events, as I've had a team member whose escape didn't count toward their tome challenge, but it did count toward their daily ritual.

34 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• saltmineinaction
    saltmineinaction Member Posts: 99
    Options

+1 The 'Fight Back' challenge to stun the killer with a pallet 2 times in 1 trial will not progress at all. Have done this in 2 trials now and it still says not done...

• adrianxulo
    adrianxulo Member Posts: 3
    Options

+1 i had the challenge in the halloween event that said "hook 3 survivors in the special hooks of the event" i did that, and when i saw the challenge, it didn't progress at all

• Iza13
    Iza13 Member Posts: 55
    Options

May I ask what language all of you have their game in? I had multiple challenges being bugged, strange thing was everytime I proceded to record them, they worked fine. So I was thinking: What was the difference between me playing the game without recording and me playing it while recording? For recording bugged challenges I put my game in english because the Devs probably don't understand my native language, german.

• Cazria
    Cazria Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have also run into several problems. My husband has done the Mechanical Mayhem challenge for his killer several times, hitting 4+Gens during the match and it does not complete. This is with the Trapper.

I have been working on craft time’s over challenge and was able to log 7/8 totems. Tried to get the last 1 and it will not register the cleansing. I even verified it registered the cleansing during the game and that shows I did that.

I was playing as Kate for my survivor challenge and had brought a green flashlight and a survival offering.

Will try to offer more information if I continue to have issues completing challenges.

• Cazria
    Cazria Member Posts: 3
    Options

Tried getting the last totem to cleanse as Elodie and it worked! So may have something to do with using/not using certain Survivors/Killers

• Tempto
    Tempto Member Posts: 11
    Options

+1 I had this happen over the course of several matches for the first challenge of level 2, Tome 13 (Mechanical Scarcity). It finally popped after 3 or 4 matches of attempting it. Now I've fulfilled the requirements for Fight Back (drop a pallet to stun the killer 2 times in a single match) twice and it still hasn't popped. This is getting really irritating.

• GeneralChaos
    GeneralChaos Member Posts: 18
    Options

Yeah, it's super frustrating. I've changed challenges and back, I've swapped characters, and I've had absolutely no progression on the Craft Time is Over challenge except the first 1/8. I know we're fairly early in the tome and there's over a month left, but's frustrating that a timed event is failing to register progress.

• Sydrax
    Sydrax Member Posts: 68
    Options

I have the same problem with "crush 2 pumpkins" in the halloween volume on the survivors side as the killer the challenges do not advance (I did crush 2 pumpkins with "treats" inside)

• ghostcheeks
    ghostcheeks Member Posts: 1
    Options

On both legs of progressing through the survivor side of my ghostface tome I cannot get progress for stunning the killer twice in a challenge nor get progress for any totem I cleanse. I’m officially trapped in the tome- kinda frustrating. First noticed this issue 10/27/2022

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    edited October 2022
    Options

cant progress on the rare toolbox challenge. basically cant progress through the rift at all.

• ladymac32
    ladymac32 Member Posts: 9
    Options

cant progress the step lightly challenge, been trying for 2 days even had an afk killer that i kept close to, no progress

• Tempto
    Options

I've gotten two challenges done, but now I'm on "Bloody Rewards" and I've played countless matches, earned well over a million bp, and I have zero progress. The challenge is to literally earn 75k bp. This is beyond getting irritating. It's into the frustrating/hair pulling realm.

• JohnnyB87
    JohnnyB87 Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2022
    Options

Craft Time is bugged for me also, for the last 3 days, I have cleansed like a 100 totems and still only reads 1/8. Every time there is an event, the tome gets bugged. Behaviour says they have a dedicated team for DBD, but obvsiously they aren't paying attention to the forums. S/N is JohnBrazon1....please fix ASAP.

• Dawnryze
    Dawnryze Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2022
    Options

I'm having this issue on sacrifice two survivors for killer and survive two matches in the Halloween Tome. I've survived one survivor match and it didn't count. I sacrificed two survivors in one game and neither counted for the killer challenge. The survivor challenge is especially fun since in the last week I think I've only survived that one match.

Post edited by Dawnryze on
  • d3vi1
    d3vi1 Member Posts: 60
    edited October 2022
    Options

I can't complete strategic alliance in tome 13. I'm stuck on 121/180 co-op seconds. I got to 121 and then quit game to get some food and now I can't progress.

EDIT: I restarted game, select different challenges and then again this one and looks like it worked.

Post edited by d3vi1 on
  • Kotentopf
    Kotentopf Member Posts: 274
    Options

I can't progress and i can't open archive anymore, instant "back to main menu" message

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499
    Options

my challenges are not working either... gg

• DrZupremoXx
    DrZupremoXx Member Posts: 1
    Options

El desafío del tomo 4 nivel 1 " piensa rápido" está bugueado ya que pide ocultarse en un casillero durante los primeros dos segundos de ser perseguido por el killer usando la perk velocidad silenciosa , lo he realizado tal como lo indica e incluso de distintas maneras y no se completa de ninguna manera, pido ayuda urgente, ya que es muy frustrante

• snowhumming
    snowhumming Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have this exact same problem. The totems I cleanse just won't progress the mission. This is very annoying because I take time to look for them and cleanse them when I could've used this time on more important things such as gens. Changing to another challenge didn't fix this, because the other challenge was also bugged, although I have yet to try the "select another challenge and then switch back to Craft time" suggestion.

• TheAcidFairy
    TheAcidFairy Member Posts: 14
    Options

Same here for me. Been trying to get it to progress for the last 3 days and nothing.

• Organisedmess
    Organisedmess Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2022
    Options

I've not been able to progress multiple challenges in Tome 11; hooking survivors, killing survivors by any means, taking protection hits. I've finally come across a cleansing totems challenge that actually makes progress but it's ridiculous that I haven't got anything to show for the others. I initially submitted a bug report through the ticket system but after coming across more challenges that dont work i figured it'd be easier to list them here than submit reports for each.

Edit: now my cleansing totems challenge has stopped progressing

Post edited by Organisedmess on
  • Djwingo
    Djwingo Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have had the same thing happening to me. My challenges won’t progress no matter what I do. Tried doing the killer stun and purple glyph and both won’t progress

• RobustLaser
    RobustLaser Member Posts: 15
    Options

I wasn't getting any progress on sacrificing to the Entity, which at first I just figured was maybe P-Head doesn't count it if they die in cage but then on Ghots Face it didn't either. I eventually deselected the challenge and reselected it again and I got progress on the challenge after the next match. Haven't had any progression issues since (except possibly ones related to the devout bug? unsure)

• neuromances
    neuromances Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2022
    Options

Back again for this -- I managed to finish Page 2 eventually by taking the killer path, but now I'm on page 3 of this tome and the By Any Means Necessary challenge is not progressing. I've already tried changing the challenge, restarting the game, etc.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

if it dont progress, reselect it.

• Tih
    Tih Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2022
    Options

-Tome 13 ''A Stunning Display'' doesn't work properly either. Head-On stuns don't count at all

-I had some matches in which the pink or green glyph didn't spawn (I ran around the entire map/had done gens before)

-I also unhooked 6 survivors safely & it didn't count toward my progress at all.

It's like sometimes the missions work & sometimes they simply don't

Post edited by Tih on
  • Velaris
    Velaris Member Posts: 12
    Options

Reverent archive doesn't count the correct amount of sacrifices. I do for, it counts 3, i do 23 it counts 1.

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 436
    Options

I have an issue with the survivor challenge for stunning or blinding the killer - it simply is not counting. And the other challenge is the green glyphs, they're not spawning, not even showing at the end game collapse, so it's impossible to do that either.

There was also an issue with the fall from a great height quest, but you're able to do it only if jumping off maps with buildings

• PuddleOfBludd
    PuddleOfBludd Member Posts: 16
    Options

Had this with the challenge for sacrificing three survivors in a single match. As you can see I sacrificed three of them and there was one disconnect. But it did not count for the challenge at all.

• Venus_Paradise
    Venus_Paradise Member Posts: 5
    Options

I play on PC, Steam

I have been having issues with nearly all the challenges in the current tome and had with the Halloween one. Sometimes it just does not work at all, some matches I get less progress then I should, and then seldom actually works. Very frustrating for something that has time-limited rewards.

❗️ Temp half-solution: It seems to help (sometimes) to make sure you only have one challenge role selected. Example: unselect your killer slot challenge if you're playing survivor. As well as going to an old tome selecting one of those challenges then going back and then selecting the one you actually want to do. It seems like it betters the odds of actually getting some progress on the challenges. Wishing everyone with this issue heaps of luck if this doesn't get fixed before the rift ends.

• Vhaziri
    Vhaziri Member Posts: 20
    Options

This seemed to have worked for me, unequipping the other roles challenge gets me progress again.

• plantera
    plantera Member Posts: 30
    Options

Thanks for this reply. I resent a lack of official word on this bug, and announcing a 2x reward bonus event without acknowledging it feels like salt in the wound.

• mks
    mks Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2022
    Options

You all people, just change the item at character you played yesterday or before logging off. If you for example leave game yesterday at ada wong with green flashlight, and next day you enter the game, you have to change that green flashlight to something else like purple one and it should work. At least it worked yesterday and today for me.

GJ behaviour

• Tempto
    Options

Can confirm this is affecting all challenges in the current tome. The best way I've found around it is if your challenge wasn't tracked properly, select a different challenge, then reselect the challenge you want to work on. It's the only workaround I've found so far.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2022
    Options

I cannot get past the "Sacrifice 10 survivors challenge." I've sacrificed more than 10, but the majority are not counting. The challenge is not progressing and I'm stuck.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

I've been having this happen, too. So far, it's only been when I close the game and come back again. At that point, if I unequip and re-equip the challenge, it starts counting again.

• weirdMel
    weirdMel Member Posts: 2
    Options

This is currently happening to me and I'm on PC. I'm stuck on the finish repairing 10 gens tome challenge...

Today I played 2 matches - 1 match I did 2 gens, the other match I did 3 gens. None of them counted at all as progress for my challenge. I'm still stuck on 1/10 as my progress. Frustration!! 😓

I already tried restarting the game and unselecting a killer challenge, and choosing another survivor challenge then putting it back. Nope didn't do anything..

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595
    Options

Just started on the "The Last Place You Look" challenge (Unlock 8 chests) on Tomb 13 Level 3 (PS4 US Eastern Region), opened 3 chests, but did not get credit for any of them. I noticed that there were lots of other challenges that weren't keeping track of completions also (I think mainly in the Halloween Tomb) in the last week or so.